The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden Bear (2019)

Aluneth
Aluneth
✭✭✭✭
So what is the bear like now after all the changes? I haven't used it after the changes, and I'm curious how it is for a stamina Warden.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still, the best option for DPS.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Still, the best option for DPS.

Yeah they ripped its teeth out though.

It's a *** gummy bear now.

But still better than Northern Storm.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 17, 2019 11:50PM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • theyancey
    theyancey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, sucks but it is still my magden's best weapon.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't mind what they did. For me on crap satellite connect, the warden + bear are as close to hell on wheels as I'm ever likely to get with 2k ms lag.

The change to the bear + the uptick to warden dmg (tiny though it was) does not seem to have affected my own situation at all. I think that's simply due to how bad my girls are due to the lag though!
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best option that’s still terrible.

I used to play like a hunter (bear first, I help from range) now I’m just another stam dd in melee range like everyone else.

Best worst case
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

I used to play like a hunter (bear first, I help from range) now I’m just another stam dd in melee range like everyone else.

Best worst case

Yeah, that's the thing that's missing from the arsenal: a way to send the bear first to grab aggro.... I MISS my hunters....
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I levelled a Warden with high hopes of him being a pet class (only thing I miss from WOW is my hunter) or even akin to the EQ Beastlord, but sadly Barnaby doesn't hold agro anywhere near my sorcerer mains battle chicken.
    In fact im sure I heard him utter those immortal MMO lines "you spanked it, you Tank it" under his breath!

Be safe
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hits like a wet noodle, but is still your best ult. That's because everything else in the magden's kit hits like an even softer, wetter noodle. The class is a disaster for magicka DPS. Wrobel didn't buff the class once in 2 years. We'll see if Wheeler is better.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 18, 2019 12:12AM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hits like a wet noodle, but is still your best ult. That's because everything else in the magden's kit hits like an even softer, wetter noodle. The class is a disaster for magicka DPS. Wrobel didn't buff the class once in 2 years. We'll see if Wheeler is better.

Generally speaking magden pain points are:

Lack of group viability

Lacks quality and quantity of dps skills

Removed movement.

New class stun is expensive, barely heals, deals no damage (anymore), slow projectile speed, slow animation, blockable and dodgeable.

In all honestly. I think "disaster" is an understatement. I think "tragedy" is a better term.
    Edited by ESO_Nightingale on January 18, 2019 12:36AM
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • jainiadral
    jainiadral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bear makes the warden still. Was doing a main AD story quest in Reaper's March that somehow despawned the bear. The quest had me and the NPC up against three miniboss Colovians. Usually, it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but I spent the entire long battle confused about why I was close to death. Found out later that my bear had vanished... a bug?

I made sure to hug my big-butted wet noodle after that :D
  • Aluneth
    Aluneth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for all the input!

I hear a lot of people mentioning Magden, is this also the case for a Stamina Warden? I don't mind being in melee, as was mentioned above. I just want to know if it's a good choice when it comes to damage, specifically single target damage.
    Edited by Aluneth on January 18, 2019 8:09AM
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aluneth wrote: »

I hear a lot of people mentioning Magden, is this also the case for a Stamnia Warden?

I’m a stamina warden. We do better in pvp compared to magWarden but I don’t pvp.

Best worst case

Wardens still make good tanks though. Even with the horrible change to Artic Blast.
    Edited by max_only on January 18, 2019 8:12AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aluneth wrote: »

I hear a lot of people mentioning Magden, is this also the case for a Stamnia Warden?

I’m a stamina warden. We do better in pvp compared to magWarden but I don’t pvp.

Best worst case

Wardens still make good tanks though. Even with the horrible change to Artic Blast.

We are trying to get the master plan implemented.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Awful.

On the plus side, you barely notice when it dies.

...and of course, it dies a lot to overland bosses and the fact it doesn't matter much saves you dying while trying to res it.

Of course, you lose all hope of using an ultimate, once it dies, but still.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bear is great for soloing world bosses, Imperial City Bosses, these patrolling sewer bosses etc. Not so much because of the damage it does, but because it acts as a little mini-tank - they often fall for that. Just have Green Lotus slotted and heavy attack once in a while, and it will be at fine health too. When beneath 25% health it does, I dunno, +60k damage for me? Something like that. Crit. Not amazing at all, but better than anything I can think of, because it's pretty instant. Maybe bow or DW does more dmg, but it takes its time.

When that bear isn't picking fights on his own, revealing me while in stealth in PVP and so on, I love it. And yeah, in PVP it acts as a shield pretty well too. You can learn to try and keep it between you and enemies in Cyrodiil, so ranged abilities and charges etc. hits bear instead. Doesn't always work of course, but much of the time it does.

Worst issue I have with the bear, is the really long spawn time, and the silly animation that you can't cancel without canceling the summoning of the bear. Should be changed.
  • shaielzafine
    shaielzafine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bear got nerfed but when I parsed on dummy it was still better with the bear. I was getting the same 30kish on magwarden and on stamwarden 35kish. If you open world PvP on your warden don't use the bear, use permafrost or trees. Even with the pet getting crit resistance it dies too fast and it's usually a sign you're new to Cyrodiil if you have the pet.
  • adriant1978
    adriant1978
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still wish we could get some more alternate skins for it. Thought that the gray bear (pre-order bonus) would be the first in a line which might eventually include other creatures to give your Warden a more unique feel, but they never went anywhere with the idea.
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    On a stam-warden I get around 52k on a 6-mil dummy, where I follow Liko's build. The bear gives the most dps in that situation compared to other available ulti's like ballista.
    In trials, the bear works fine for most situations.
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No ultimate is worth double slotting so in truth its trash

You dont compare the bear to another ultimate, you have to compare it to TWO ultimates

So the bear or permafrost and forest? lol

If it was a single bar ultimate it would be really great but unfortunately isnt
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    No ultimate is worth double slotting so in truth its trash

You dont compare the bear to another ultimate, you have to compare it to TWO ultimates

So the bear or permafrost and forest? lol

If it was a single bar ultimate it would be really great but unfortunately isnt

You can still only use one ultimate at a time, so unless you want burst damage, it makes no real difference. In a fight over time the bear seems better than the rest. That said, all pets need to be single slots now. It is the only legitimate way to make petsorc competitive again.
  • JesQu
    JesQu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cheeseburger should be buffed.
  • Zardayne
    Zardayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Generally speaking magden pain points are:

Lack of group viability

Lacks quality and quantity of dps skills

Removed movement.

New class stun is expensive, barely heals, deals no damage (anymore), slow projectile speed, slow animation, blockable and dodgeable.

In all honestly. I think "disaster" is an understatement. I think "tragedy" is a better term.

On Magden I'd say add on still having to double bar the bear, clunky feeling rotations, and having to double cast flies as pain points too.

Another, at least to me on my magden is the spammable birds are still too slow and don't have any additional benefit when casted other than a tad more damage at long range.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For stamden, flawless DB will be more useful in most non-dummy PVE situations. For PVP, most people run smiting.
    Edited by Pevey on January 18, 2019 4:26PM
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keel eeet!!!!!