The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

I have a L2P issue

Karmanorway
Karmanorway
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, im struggling with some things in PvP land. I usually play stamblade in BGs u see, but as soon as i meet Someone with Steel tornado and permafrost, i melt in like under 2 sec.

I have PvPed for a few years now, and this is the only situation where i actually feel helpless, and have no clue what to do.

So any suggestion?

PS. No worries, this is not a nerf thread, im well aware everything is perfectly balanced, just a L2P issue on my side.

Best Answers

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Focus more on resistances instead of relying on cloak
    Answer ✓
  • Mason_Cane
    Mason_Cane
    ✭✭
    Try running a pure defensive set to get your bearings. I run fortified brass and hulking on my stam dk in non cp. It keeps me alive and helps me react to things better.
    Answer ✓
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frostz417 wrote: »
    Focus more on resistances instead of relying on cloak

Tnx for reply, yes i usually run medium, and have tried heavy. But still when i meet dw players, this bleed/dot stacking melts me too, and my dmg sucks :S when i go heavy i use 2x TrK(impen) , 5 Clever alch (impen) tri glyph, 5x Hulking Draugr (2xStam enchant, 3x potion cooldown enchant - infused on jewelry)

It helps a bit against most classes (except 55k hp stamden DDs) but still struggle a bit with the bleeds.

Do u have any suggestions to any other setups that could Work better?
  • Karmanorway
    Karmanorway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mason_Cane wrote: »
    Try running a pure defensive set to get your bearings. I run fortified brass and hulking on my stam dk in non cp. It keeps me alive and helps me react to things better.

That sounds interesting, how is your dmg and sustain with it? Is it full medium?
  • Mason_Cane
    Mason_Cane
    ✭✭
    Its craftable. I run 5 medium and 2 heavy. All weapon damage with 2 swift enchants on the rings. 3400 weapon damage buffed. You can pick a monster set up to boost your damage.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, im struggling with some things in PvP land. I usually play stamblade in BGs u see, but as soon as i meet Someone with Steel tornado and permafrost, i melt in like under 2 sec.

I have PvPed for a few years now, and this is the only situation where i actually feel helpless, and have no clue what to do.

Are you dying to a single player this way? If so, avoiding the Shalk will help you survive the burst and also clue you in that it might be coming.

If it's part of a group ult bomb -- which is where permafrost really shines -- learning to anticipate these bombs is key.
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am running Velidreth, bone pirate and Spriggan on my stamblade in BGs.
    Stam recovery is at 2000 (with relentless focus active). By using leeching strikes strikes and weaving in light attacks between the surprise attacks and using a potion if needed, one should hardly ever run out of resources.

In my opinion the strongest defense in this game is constant movement
    If it's still getting too hot, or your teammates are dead, just cloak, do 1 or 2 heavy attacks with bow to refill Stamina and jump back into the action
    Edited by Slack on January 17, 2019 9:43PM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to swap gear sets depending on what I encounter. Lately I've been using 2Bloodspawn, 5 Medium Fortified Brass, and 5 Bone Pirate. It's tanky and gives plenty of damage! I also use the warrior Mundus Stone unless I struggle with Stamina. Then I will swap over to the serpent mundus. Have fun out there 😁
    Edited by JiKama on January 17, 2019 9:50PM