The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The game really needs Crown Store items to be transferable or global when it comes to mega servers.

RGD
RGD
✭✭✭
So I've been playing the game on console (Xbox) since release, enjoyed the game for the most part on the EU server, however I've heard the NA server is a little better when it comes to the overall community. I assume this is because there's a good amount more English speakers on NA, and I've heard, strangely, that performance in PvP is somewhat better than the EU server. I'd like to see for myself, however there's one glaring issue stopping me from doing this, and it's not the progression, I can happily start my characters over. It's to do with how the Crown Store currently works, as in if I buy a house (of which I've bought a few large houses, as well as a good amount of other stuff,) I can't enjoy what I paid for on the NA server because I purchased it while on the EU server. This is a silly issue, really, I should be able to enjoy the content I payed for in any region's server.

I heard a few reasons why this isn't a thing. One being ZOS would rather people buy things again on another server, to make them more money. The second thing being laws or regulations restricting the transference of digital content between EU and NA, I'm not super familiar with laws but this seems like it's a little out there, how could digital content purchased on a video game that is able to be used on different mega servers in the game breaking any laws? other games do it and they don't get any repercussions on these supposed regulations.

Please ZOS, make the crown store items purchased account wide like chapters and downloadable content.
Edited by RGD on January 17, 2019 10:31AM
XB1 GT: RGD
Xbox One - EU
Ebonheart Pact
CP: 810+
Stamina Dragonknight DD/Tank [Ishak Pasha]
Magicka Nightblade DD [Córvo]

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ZOS Producer of Monetization Schemes laughs at your demands! :smile:

Since Crowns span geographies, the purchases should have spanned geographies, too. Except for character-bound purchases, which need to be explicitly identified.

My guess is that this was too hard to do, not enough financial incentive, lost revenue, so they decided it was not important.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is that this was too hard to do, not enough financial incentive, lost revenue, so they decided it was not important.

Probably is true, sadly. But they might as well get on it now, other than releasing the odd dlc, yearly chapter and with each dlc changing some generally unimportant things around, the feature of just having crown store content be account-wide seems pretty darn important when looking at the big picture.
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been saying for a while that servers should be merged. Cross platform and combine NA and EU servers. Also its not about items purchased, it also baout time invested. Ive invested so much time in eso on the eu server and i live in america, i hhave over 930 champion points, and my favorite character has completed so many achievments, i wana play na but i cant bring myself to do it as i invested so much in eu in the form of time and money
    Edited by rexagamemnon on January 19, 2019 5:53PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, there is absolutely no way I would start all over again on another server.
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, ive thought about playing on EU as I have some friends over on that server, but there is no way I am paying for something more than once.
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Asous
    Asous
    Soul Shriven
    I've spent at least £250+ on the Crown Store, EU Server -- been wanting to transfer over to US for ages, not interested until purchases are cross server though.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You buy crowns and they get added to your account which applies to both servers. Spend crowns and get the item on whichever server you're logged in on but, hey, crowns subtracted from entire account. It's the epitome of double-dipping.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been saying for a while that servers should be merged. Cross platform and combine NA and EU servers. Also its not about items purchased, it also baout time invested. Ive invested so much time in eso on the eu server and i live in america, i hhave over 930 champion points, and my favorite character has completed so many achievments, i wana play na but i cant bring myself to do it as i invested so much in eu in the form of time and money

I would somewhat take issue with restarting but I've seen other games have server-specific characters and I feel I'd be up to begin anew with specific classes/builds in mind. But my main issue with it is the money spent, it all adds up between houses, crown crate stuff, general cosmetics, etc. I doubt they'll do it, because I don't see them finding much point as it would cost more money than it would bring in... but it's such an essential quality of life feature.
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lately I've been thinking about deleting all of my EU toons due to not being able to transfer crown purchases across servers. I rarely buy crown items for my EU toons because of this but sometimes it's hard not to. I do feel like it's a waste of my money though to spend extra to get the same thing twice just so both sets of toons can have whatever it is. It seems the best thing to do really is play only on one server so that is most likely the direction I'll go.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    Lately I've been thinking about deleting all of my EU toons due to not being able to transfer crown purchases across servers. I rarely buy crown items for my EU toons because of this but sometimes it's hard not to. I do feel like it's a waste of my money though to spend extra to get the same thing twice just so both sets of toons can have whatever it is. It seems the best thing to do really is play only on one server so that is most likely the direction I'll go.

Really though this issue and the other issues raised in this post shouldn't exist. The only way this might be answered or addressed is if this post gets enough attention or gets seen by someone at ZOS. I don't think it's too much to ask to be able to switch megaservers without completely starting over or at the very least losing all Crown Store purchases.
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why items from the crown store aren't transferred from EU to NA, and vice-versa. Crowns themselves are. What's so tough about making the items they buy also available?

And CPs should also be the same on EU or NA on PC, but that's another issue altogether I suppose.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's bad enough consoles can barely play the game and ruins PC gameplay. Last thing I want it to be linked with EU lag and console people that will be smashed or play poorly
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've thought about this quite a bit since rolling an EU character for Summerfall. I'm somewhat ambivalent both because of the odd mix of things that are and aren't server-independent and because my EU character is partly an experiment: no more than one character at a time except as needed for a smooth transition from one to another and no crown store purchases. Oddly, while my crown balance is account wide, the EU character has her own gem balance (derived from daily login crates). I can see in the case of in-game items that they wouldn't want to give you one for each server on which you have characters (although if appropriate tracking were available one for use on any server seems fair enough. You'd just have to remove that statue from your EU home before using it in an NA one.) On the other hand it doesn't seem like you should have to buy the basic hairstyles collection twice--or at least I don't want/intend to.

Part of the appeal for me was a fresh start so the lack of CP portability was a plus, but it's easy to imagine others feeling differently, especially if playing on more than one server becomes more common. Prior to Summerfall I had no idea it would be so easy to create an EU character and then switch back and forth as desired.