The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Asking all Loremasters Racial Roles

HappyLittleTree
HappyLittleTree
✭✭✭✭✭
What do you think the races are either good at or bad at?

Seeing the approach ZOS did on some of their races roles is it something you can agree to?
Edited by HappyLittleTree on January 17, 2019 8:31AM
Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • Juzz
    Juzz
    ✭✭✭
    There aren’t good/bad races, only an arseholes among them, Wrothgar’s plot with spoiled orc king (forgot his name) for just an example. He’s not good or bad also, just an annoying spoiled mommy’s child, who’s playin’ a kingie by mother’s manipulations with some weird ideals. It’s not very smart to divide someone or something to just 2 sides. Except thalmor nazis - they should be stomped by a Pact’s foot. 😁
    Edited by Juzz on January 17, 2019 12:54PM
    Make Skyrim great again.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperials:
    Just rulers, great at warfare, merchantile, forgiving, and generally tolerant towards foreigners and foreign religions.

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit can finally access magic in their passive. The little khajiit races uses magic while the huge battle cat khajiiti use stamina and power. They are so beautiful and unique. I love Khajits.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • faolan2018
      In a purely lore-based perspective, I think it goes something like this;

1. Altmer, being one of the most magically gifted races, naturally make the best wizards. be it a pyromancer, conjurer, or healer.
      2. Argonian/Saxhleel, native to the harsh and shadowy swamps of Black Marsh, take to guerrilla-style of combat, as well as the channeling of the magically-inclined Hist Trees for healing.
      3. Bosmer, living in the forests of Valenwood, have taken to more physical skills, most importantly favoring archery and daggers.
      4. Bretons, channeling their elven heritage, make the best sorcerer's among the races of Men.
      5. Dunmer, shaped by their volcanic homeland, take to pyromancy and small blades.
      6. Imperials, standing at Tamriel's heart, favor blades, shields, and simpler spells.
      7. Khajiit, being so physically varied, range from master manipulator's of magicka, to light-footed short-blade wielder's, to simple expert's of maul's and maces. some even forego weaponry altogether in favor of the many styles of unarmed combat.
      8. Nord's, hailing from the snow-laden lands of Skyrim and Atmora, favor physical prowess, especially with hammer's and axes.
      9. Orc's/Orsimer, the outcast warrior's of Tamriel, prefer heavy hammers and thick shield's, although they also observe more variety in weapons.
      10. Redguard's/Yokudan's, the other desert-dwelling race, are master's of the swords, and abhor the use of magic.

I think i got them all. what do u guys think?
    • Claudman
      Claudman
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      faolan2018 wrote: »
      In a purely lore-based perspective, I think it goes something like this;

1. Altmer, being one of the most magically gifted races, naturally make the best wizards. be it a pyromancer, conjurer, or healer.
      2. Argonian/Saxhleel, native to the harsh and shadowy swamps of Black Marsh, take to guerrilla-style of combat, as well as the channeling of the magically-inclined Hist Trees for healing.
      3. Bosmer, living in the forests of Valenwood, have taken to more physical skills, most importantly favoring archery and daggers.
      4. Bretons, channeling their elven heritage, make the best sorcerer's among the races of Men.
      5. Dunmer, shaped by their volcanic homeland, take to pyromancy and small blades.
      6. Imperials, standing at Tamriel's heart, favor blades, shields, and simpler spells.
      7. Khajiit, being so physically varied, range from master manipulator's of magicka, to light-footed short-blade wielder's, to simple expert's of maul's and maces. some even forego weaponry altogether in favor of the many styles of unarmed combat.
      8. Nord's, hailing from the snow-laden lands of Skyrim and Atmora, favor physical prowess, especially with hammer's and axes.
      9. Orc's/Orsimer, the outcast warrior's of Tamriel, prefer heavy hammers and thick shield's, although they also observe more variety in weapons.
      10. Redguard's/Yokudan's, the other desert-dwelling race, are master's of the swords, and abhor the use of magic.

I think i got them all. what do u guys think?

Altmer are good at magic, but they ain't the best. House Telvanni and the existence of the Clockwork City can prove that and the Psijic Order isn't primarily Altmer.

Bosmer use a lot of magic in lore. Most favor the bow or a magical stick.

Saxhleel vary between tribes, some tribes may not even care about magic like the Naga-Kur and prefer physical weapons while the Kota-Vimleel would prefer alchemy or stealth. The Veeskhleel would prefer alchemy and magic.

I would expand upon weapons in general for Dunmer, as Morag Tong are the ones who care about small blades and Dunmeruse magic other than just pyromancy, like conjuration for the sake of hiring Dremora to guard old tombs.

The Imperials dont use simple spells, there are a fair amount of talented Imperial mages.

The Khajiit one is right as well as the rest.

It's kinda hard to simplify every race when they have so many sections of their society which drastically vary from each other. This especially applies to the Argonians where every tribe is different mentally, biologically and by socially.

This is why we desperately need an archetype system, even Redguards have mages in their society. Lol

One of the most powerful mages in Tamriel was a Nord after all, what is stopping a Nord from using magic now? Especially when followers of Kyne tend to use restoration and nature fluff?
      Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
      I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
      I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.