The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Unlocking Dungeon DLCs / Crown Store Item Return

Ikasugami
Ikasugami
✭✭
When I got my sub, suddenly I had a whole bunch of crowns. So I figured I would use some to permanently unlock whatever DLC content wasn't already unlocked (just in case). I was doing that by going to the Chapters tab in Collections, selecting a Dungeon DLC, and clicking on the "Unlock" button. Clicking that takes you to the Crown store showing the DLC to purchase to unlock that dungeon. What I didn't know was, it wasn't REALLY doing that....it was merely opening the crown store filtering by the text of the name of the dungeon (ex: click Unlock for Scalecaller Peak and it opens the Crown store with the search text "Scalecaller Peak"). Which is not the name of the DLC for all of them. So by not being very careful, I ended up accidentally spending 5,000 crowns on the full Fang Lair Motif book!!

So the first thing is, WHY does that functionality work that way?? Is there not a way for the devs to say "clicking this Unlock button takes you to [this specific DLC item] in the crown store"? I get that the use of search text instead helps make it more scalable, but it's not like there are many DLCs in the Chapters list at this point, and it's not effective if the name of the DLC is not equal to the name of the dungeon you are unlocking.

And then the 2nd thing is, it would be really nice if there were a way to return items to the crown store for a refund. Yes, there is the confirmation pop up to go through, but in cases like this where the user is given a false sense of security in what they are purchasing, that would come in REALLY HANDY. Even if there were a time limit on it....like say you have 10 minutes to choose to return an unused item....
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that clicking "unlock X Dungeon" should take you specifically to the DLC page for the dungeon it is a part of and not to the results for a text search.

However, it behooves customers to read the pop-up confirmation to ensure they want to purchase the item. It's a safeguard, and customers should pay more attention to it.

That said, mistakes can happen. In your case, I would submit a customer support ticket and explain what happened. It may be that they will give you a refund, though I'm not sure in this case since what you purchased was an item that went to your inventory. I know they can remove items from collections, but I'm not sure about items in one's inventory. It doesn't hurt to at least ask.