Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will there be a Physical Collectors Edition (Art book, Statue, Map) ?

j.greenmanb16_ESO
j.greenmanb16_ESO
✭✭✭
I've already started with them (I love the statues and art books) and it would be cool if there was more.

BUT ONLY if the quality is up to par. I was pretty annoyed to find that the Summerset's collectors edition art/journal book was half the scale or less of that of Morrowind's and the base games collector editions. And the statue too was a different color (and a weeee bit smaller) than the other two. If you are going to cut corners or be inconsistent, don't bother.
"You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't seem like they're doing one this year.

Nothing at all in this article about there being one.
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55537
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Answered in twitch! There will not be. Close the thread gang
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • AlexanderDeLarge
    AlexanderDeLarge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sucks. Kills the continuity of having physical collector's editions for all the major releases.
    Edited by AlexanderDeLarge on January 15, 2019 11:09PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 7 paid expansions. 22 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the vast majority of this game.

"ESO doesn't need a harder overland" on YouTube for a video of a naked level 3 character AFKing in front of a bear for a minute and a half before dying
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This sucks. Kills the continuity of having physical collector's editions for all the major releases.

Honestly after last year's CE being such a disappointment compared to the Classic and Morrowind one I could totally see this coming. The Mephala statue was great, the book not. At least not compared to the previous two.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Coolits
    Coolits
    ✭✭✭
    This was the only real disappoint in the stream, no physical CE this time 👎
  • aneova_ESO
    aneova_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    but but but ... *weeps openly* I was hoping to continue my collection of collector edition boxes. The sadness is great.
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneova_ESO wrote: »
    but but but ... *weeps openly* I was hoping to continue my collection of collector edition boxes. The sadness is great.

Yeah I feel ya......I have been selling off my collection of WoW CE's since Blizzard went insane, I was hopig to replace them with Elder Scrolls CE's.

Shame ZoS
    Shame
    Shame
    Shame
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I feel ya......I have been selling off my collection of WoW CE's since Blizzard went insane, I was hopig to replace them with Elder Scrolls CE's.

Shame ZoS
    Shame
    Shame
    Shame

Is there a market for WoW CE boxes where the codes are used? I've got a bunch I'd be happy to sell.... as opposed to throwing them away....
  • Rain_Greyraven
    Rain_Greyraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Shame ZoS
    Shame
    Shame
    Shame

Is there a market for WoW CE boxes where the codes are used? I've got a bunch I'd be happy to sell.... as opposed to throwing them away....

@Sylvermynx Will they sell? yes, but since Blizzard became both Woke and Greedy (it's amazing that in the corporate world one usually follows the other) They aren't going for nearly as much as they use to.
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”

― Robert E. Howard

So you want to be a game developer? Here is the best way to go about it.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I'm sure they would make more money selling a physical edition. But I guess there reasoning is they don't want to make players rebuy the game over and over again. But instead they might release a statue or those books separately online. *Shrugs* I'm sure if the demand is there they might change their minds but well I don't think they will on this.

Edited by Thevampirenight on January 19, 2019 5:58PM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I'm sure they would make more money selling a physical edition. But I guess there reasoning is they don't want to make players rebuy the game over and over again. But instead they might release a statue or those books separately online. *Shrugs* I'm sure if the demand is there they might change their minds but well I don't think they will on this.

You need to read the second half of that announcement for the full picture. They hope to release separate physical collector's items related to the year's Dragon theme but not dependent on any game purchase.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But I want statues... I want Azura, Nocturnal... I want everything. :'(
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

You need to read the second half of that announcement for the full picture. They hope to release separate physical collector's items related to the year's Dragon theme but not dependent on any game purchase.

I know and I did, but well I'm sure if people clicked on it they can see that for themselves. So that is why I didn't link that part. But yeah they will sell collectors items separately.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very cool with separate collector's items. one of my issues with buying CE version of the game was having to wait for the game to actualy get to me. which with our post office being awful, REALLY cut into my early acess time. this way I don't have to worry about game acess and i can weather delays when it comes to physical goodies.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like this. Will I be able to go to my EB store and buy it? Unless Zenimax pays for shipping, I will not buy anything on their stores. It's pretty bad shipping costs cost almost what I want to buy. So unless the QUALITY is better than Summerset I will not buy anything from Zenimax.

After all, Zenimax "cutting corners" means they can't "afford" it, then they as well not make anything at all. After all, didn't they say "most loyal" customers? What a nice spit in the face saying "we will not give anything for our most loyal customers"

Another low Zenimax. I just praised you in one thread, and now have to chide you. Argh.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I sure as hell ain't going to pay for a collectors item if it costs the same as the collectors edition boxes have which includes the game, digital in game items as well as the map, statue and book. The only realy reason I was going for the collectors editions was that I both liked what they had to offer, and it seemed like a reasonable price.

But if they are selling the statue for like 80 bucks, and a book for $30+ that will be a no sale for me.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

Shame ZoS
    Shame
    Shame
    Shame

@Sylvermynx Will they sell? yes, but since Blizzard became both Woke and Greedy (it's amazing that in the corporate world one usually follows the other) They aren't going for nearly as much as they use to.

Well, I'm not looking for a lot of money. I'm just trying to get rid of dust collectors before I die.... Otherwise, daughter's going to have to deal with the fallout - AND the dust. She's even more allergic than I am, so....
    Linaleah wrote: »
    I'm very cool with separate collector's items. one of my issues with buying CE version of the game was having to wait for the game to actualy get to me. which with our post office being awful, REALLY cut into my early acess time. this way I don't have to worry about game acess and i can weather delays when it comes to physical goodies.

Nice for you. I don't have the bandwidth to download stuff.... so I have to buy the physical box and then patch to current - hopefully FAR less than the whole download.