The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leveling Rank?

Ekoe1954
Ekoe1954
✭✭✭
question here: My understanding was that one could ONLY level rank in your HOME campaign, of course with this even that is pretty much impossible if it's Vivec. BUT I was in a guest campaign and it appears that my rank level IS going up.

Does anyone know if ZOS has changed the criteria for rank leveling? Is the change JUST for the event, or has their been a permanent change where we can level our ranks irrespective of campaign now?
Or, quite possibly...I have simply gotten my criteria information re: level ing rank................ALL wrong... :*
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can level your rank and earn alliance points in ANY campaign, be it home or guest.

The only thing your home campaign will give you is end of camaign rewards. Also, you won't ever be able to get emperor in a guest camaign as the leaderboard us disabled for you in guest campaigns.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 14, 2019 4:48PM
  • Ekoe1954
    Ekoe1954
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you SO much for the rapid response! All this time... and I thought I was condemned to staying in HOME campaing just to level my ranks..... as I'd been told I had to... but then again... I probably got the info re:leadership board vs. rank leveling mixed up.
    Having done Emp and Grand Overlord, I am now simply wanting to level my ranks on another faction. The Forward camp furniture is looking pretty nice in RED.... B)

Ty for the info... so happy to have the increased flexibility... :)
    Edited by Ekoe1954 on January 14, 2019 4:56PM