The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is Sieging an Undefended Keep Fun? (anon poll)

zyk
zyk
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you enjoy Sieging and capturing an AvA keep when there are few or no defenders?

Is Sieging an Undefended Keep Fun? (anon poll) 67 votes

Yes, I enjoy capturing an undefended keep
20% 14 votes
No, I do not enjoy capturing an undefended keep
79% 53 votes
  • CovertDistress4
    CovertDistress4
    ✭✭✭
    Haha... its 6k ap, normally, now 12k it doesn't matter if it's fun, its farming... it's not about winning a campaign, it's about earning ap to buy stuff to sell... if there was a way to stop it, OH there isnt... ZOS only cares about crown related issues.
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    Taking undefended keeps to change the scope of the map while forces are distracted elsewhere can be fun since you never know when people might show up. The typical PVDoor when there's no resistance anywhere...no not fun at all.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No but neither is crawling through lag to fight overa heavy pop keep.

There's no middle ground; it's why performance is high on our list.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I don't particularly enjoy capturing an empty keep or resource (especially if that's all you are doing, over and over again...), there is a certain satisfaction in really well-executed PvDoor, where you melt the mobs fast, nail the pulls and movement, etc.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do what you have to for the map, but gods damn is it boring to go pvdoor keeps.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy is not the word that I would use.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like everything else context matters. Do I like flipping the map without any resistence? Not really, it gets a bit old after the first two.

Do i like grabbing undefended enemy keeps with 6 people while they are pusjing front lines? Hell yeah I do, that is a valid tactic to split opponents and reduce reinfor cements against my sides fighters.

Is it fun painting a map against npc? Nah. Plus it demoralizes the opponent which extends the drought.

It is fun to use keeps to pull people off battles for sure though, making them have to choose from am extended battle where the opportunity cost is all their home keeps and maybe their scrolls in tradefor 1 ring keep.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is running around a tree fun?
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As boring as it is it’s sometimes necessary to help break up an opposing zerg ball or maintain/prevent emp.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Is running around a tree fun?
    How about running around a large boulder? Or up and around a resource tower?

And while we're talking about "fun", how about not one but TWO loading screens while you are in a 1x1 fight with the one guy/gal who managed to hide inside a keep after it flipped?
    headbang.gif
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thaught that was the point of going to an empty server. Low and behold, the whole server is turned yellow. They have all the scrolls. I try and take a few resources and 10 yellows come to Zerg me down. Come on guys.

You need me to flip stuff, so they can go back and re capture it and make any kind of AP.

If you want some good PvP action, go duel or battlegrounds or something. There’s not gonna be some epic fights here. You just gonna catch some lonely ol me or the likes trying to pass time til the big que pops.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some ways it’s necessary to pull enemy forces away from the front line. It’s the reason why KC is always on fire. If a small group can flag, or ideally take a back line keep it gives some breathing room to my factions front line.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not think it is about it being fun as much as if it is strategically beneficial. Of course there is always a chance enemy players can enter as well.