Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Season of the Dragon (Peryite)? Khanaten Flu?

j.greenmanb16_ESO
j.greenmanb16_ESO
✭✭✭
I'm writing this from my phone right before bed so bear with any typos and what not.

I pondered the possibility of the Dragon referred to in the next chapter being our lovely Prince of disease and plagues Peryite. And that also lead me to think of the Khanaten Flu that really did a number on the Khajiit. Could ol' Peryite be connected? Could this be a topic or the next DLC?

As I said, I'm doing this from my phone before going to sleep so I may be quite off with the timeline but hey, it's an interesting thought anyways. Good chance I'm wrong, but discuss away at your leisure people.of the forums!
"You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought about this as well but iirc the Dragon in the tablet is Akatosh (?) and not Peryite.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL utltimate trolling by zos, everyone thinks we get actual dragons, instead we get Kahjit with the sniffles.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Peryite was already touched on with Dragon Bones. This time it’s actual dongers.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Flu is still ongoing and will be for a few more decades if I recall, and I was wondering how much they would touch on that. This would actually tie it in pretty well, tbh.

I don't necessarily think that's what ZOS will be doing, but I think I like the idea of Peryite Dragons being involved more, if even Peryite himself, than just your standard Dovah.
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice! I thought based on the “Purified” skin & mounts found in the data mine, that the big Daedric prince would be either Peryite or Namira (she being the big bad for the kitties made me think maybe more her).

But tbh both are severely underrepresented in ESO so I will be happy with either 😊
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In Elsweyr we meet an Argonian Alchemist names Iokkas who came to help the Khajiit deal with the Knahaten Flu
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Knahaten_Flu

Seems like too much of a coincidence with Peryite corrupting the city of Orcrest.

I have a feeling we might see him in a future chapter - 2020 and/or 2021
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    In Elsweyr we meet an Argonian Alchemist names Iokkas who came to help the Khajiit deal with the Knahaten Flu

Seems like too much of a coincidence with Peryite corrupting the city of Orcrest.

Perhaps the afflicted skin and steed were no coincidence...

And as it happens. The Afflicted refuge in TESV was in Western Skyrim. Just saying.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No | To ZOS: THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME BRING MY HORSE INTO BATTLE!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my god your right. I forgot about it but that is a perfect tie in. Perryite vs Argonian year in 2021. Lot's of other things are pointing to the marshy home. A still unused Murkmire celebration event that has been in game but not used since around fall of last year. On top of this in dev stream they said reward for re-downloading is the red torchbug from murkmire that tons and tons of people have been asking for (who exactly)? My bet is they are slowly building up to a Blackmarsh year.

We know that they like to mix things up and a second all desert year would be way too soon after Skyrim so the only plausibility is BM and Cyrodil. The hints for Skyrim started dropping as early as the first dungeons of Elsewyr year. So I expect the speculation will be laid to rest soon. I still haven't heard any good reason to go to Cyrodil other than Oblivion's 15th anniversary is next year. Skyrim's 10th didn't mean didly squat to the team who are making Skyrim in ESO this year.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well we do see in Summerset that there is more to Meridia than what we initially thought. Much of her philosophy is purifying what she & her followers perceive as corruption.
    - Meridia was worshipped by the Ayleids who enslaved some of the Argonian populace.
    - Murkmire had the major reveal that the Ayleids used a Gate Travel System.
    - The New Antiquities system coming with Greymoor utilizes an Ayleid device for scrying

Peryite is commonly depicted as a Dragon with 6 limbs - like a twisted reflection of Akatosh.
    Perhaps he represents an aspect of the God of Time - the passage of time that leads to eventual death, the impermanence of Life.
    D_ch4RVXYAIfah8.jpg

He is known as the Daedric Prince of Natural Order - an aspect that is heavily part of Argonian culture.
    Perhaps Peryite had something to do with Knahaten Flu? A punishment dealt to the other races for plundering Black Marsh.
    Edited by Iccotak on January 24, 2020 5:15AM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭

found him and he adds another pebble in the basket for the Argonian's poison resistance we're still due to receive from the dev gods as compensation for overnerfing

https://imgur.com/rRLP25q
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Hu-Rikan
    Hu-Rikan
    ✭✭✭
    Well we do see in Summerset that there is more to Meridia than what we initially thought. Much of her philosophy is purifying what she & her followers perceive as corruption.
    - Meridia was worshipped by the Ayleids who enslaved some of the Argonian populace.
    - Murkmire had the major reveal that the Ayleids used a Gate Travel System.
    - The New Antiquities system coming with Greymoor utilizes an Ayleid device for scrying

Peryite is commonly depicted as a Dragon with 6 limbs - like a twisted reflection of Akatosh.
    Perhaps he represents an aspect of the God of Time - the passage of time that leads to eventual death, the impermanence of Life.
    D_ch4RVXYAIfah8.jpg

He is known as the Daedric Prince of Natural Order - an aspect that is heavily part of Argonian culture.
    Perhaps Peryite had something to do with Knahaten Flu? A punishment dealt to the other races for plundering Black Marsh.

Side note, Peryite is also said to be responsible for the Argonian strain of vampirism
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,
    We've closed this thread given its age and that some information may be out of date. If you wish to continue discussing this topic please create a new thread.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.