No option to switch between 4k / 1080p enhanced?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says. Is there no option for this? On my PS4 Pro I can choose between those two different settings, on my One X I can't. There's just no option for it, just for HDR.

I do own a 4k HDR10 TV and the cable should work fine (as my TV says the resolution is 3840x2160p).
Za'Kharj - Khajiit Necromancer (Aldmeri Dominion)
Xbox One X (EU)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not play consoles so I may have misunderstood.

It sounds like you are asking about settings for the console itself rather than a setting in the game. You would probably find a better and faster answer in the Xbox forums. Just a thought if I understood correctly. If not, oops, I did it again.
    Really, idk
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO on PS4 Pro has an in game option to change settings, either 4k or 1080p enhanced. I can choose between them.

I just switched to a One X and the same option is missing on Xbox. That's why I wanted to know if there is an option and I don't see it or if there is no option at all on Xbox One X.
    Xbox One X (EU)
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense now.
    Really, idk
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One X settings 4k = ESO 4k automatically
    Xbox One X settings 1080p = ESO 2k enhanced quality automatically
    Xbox One S settings 1080p = ESO 2k standard automatically

So what you set in your Xbox settings = ESO settings.

Also, if you have a Xbox One X, enhanced quality is always enabled on 1080p, there is no switch.

Although I would have preferred a 60 fps performance option in 1080p in ESO on Xbox One X... maybe some day...
  • x2ndoppx
    x2ndoppx
    Soul Shriven
    I also had a PS4 Pro before switching over. You had to choose between a graphically enhanced 1080p mode or non-enhanced 4k. The shorter answer is that the the Xbox One X is more powerful and the studio had to decide how to use it. There is no option to choose because the One X does both 4k and enhanced graphics at the same time. If you hook up to a 1080p TV (or set the Xbox to 1080p), the game still runs with all the extras and is supersampled down from 4k to 1080p. I can't find any actual Xbox One X or PS4 Pro 1080p frame rate footage, but I know that they were targeting a locked 4k/30fps on X and the 1080p mode on Pro may get near 60fps.

Here was the X patch announcement:
    Edited by x2ndoppx on January 15, 2019 7:01AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah now I understand!
    I was just curious, but now I really love ESO on the Xbox One X and my 4k TV. Looks way better than the PS4 Pro version and I'd say it looks as good or even better than the PC version, too.
    Xbox One X (EU)