The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

No option to switch between 4k / 1080p enhanced?

Seraphayel
Seraphayel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
As the title says. Is there no option for this? On my PS4 Pro I can choose between those two different settings, on my One X I can't. There's just no option for it, just for HDR.

I do own a 4k HDR10 TV and the cable should work fine (as my TV says the resolution is 3840x2160p).
PS5
EU
Aldmeri Dominion
- Khajiit Arcanist -
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not play consoles so I may have misunderstood.

It sounds like you are asking about settings for the console itself rather than a setting in the game. You would probably find a better and faster answer in the Xbox forums. Just a thought if I understood correctly. If not, oops, I did it again.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO on PS4 Pro has an in game option to change settings, either 4k or 1080p enhanced. I can choose between them.

I just switched to a One X and the same option is missing on Xbox. That's why I wanted to know if there is an option and I don't see it or if there is no option at all on Xbox One X.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes sense now.
  • Excaltic
    Excaltic
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One X settings 4k = ESO 4k automatically
    Xbox One X settings 1080p = ESO 2k enhanced quality automatically
    Xbox One S settings 1080p = ESO 2k standard automatically

So what you set in your Xbox settings = ESO settings.

Also, if you have a Xbox One X, enhanced quality is always enabled on 1080p, there is no switch.

Although I would have preferred a 60 fps performance option in 1080p in ESO on Xbox One X... maybe some day...
  • x2ndoppx
    x2ndoppx
    Soul Shriven
    I also had a PS4 Pro before switching over. You had to choose between a graphically enhanced 1080p mode or non-enhanced 4k. The shorter answer is that the the Xbox One X is more powerful and the studio had to decide how to use it. There is no option to choose because the One X does both 4k and enhanced graphics at the same time. If you hook up to a 1080p TV (or set the Xbox to 1080p), the game still runs with all the extras and is supersampled down from 4k to 1080p. I can't find any actual Xbox One X or PS4 Pro 1080p frame rate footage, but I know that they were targeting a locked 4k/30fps on X and the 1080p mode on Pro may get near 60fps.

Here was the X patch announcement:
    https://youtu.be/E5elDa-STts
    Edited by x2ndoppx on January 15, 2019 7:01AM
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah now I understand!
    I was just curious, but now I really love ESO on the Xbox One X and my 4k TV. Looks way better than the PS4 Pro version and I'd say it looks as good or even better than the PC version, too.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -