The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I find the first event to morph the Indrik stupid and bias

HappyHaunt1000
Great an event where you have to do something that quite possibly you are not interested (yes midyear mahem-in january??:?). I hate pvp and don't think it should be required to "earn" a ticket, much less having to do it 10 times, just to morph an Indrik. If this is the way things are going to be I'm not going to bother, after all I don't use it and the novelty has worn off and I can't display it at one of my houses due to limits on furnishings(stupid rule). I am also not going to pay them more money per month when I've already purchased the packs, the bank upgrades, and the storage bins so the monthly fee is excessive. So in short I refuse to participate in this event. Sorry for all you pvp and imperial city fans but that mode of play is not the end all be all.
I sat quietly with my own thoughts today
Remind me to never do that again
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. I've hated having to pve for the tickets so far.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great an event where you have to do something that quite possibly you are not interested (yes midyear mahem-in january??:?). I hate pvp and don't think it should be required to "earn" a ticket, much less having to do it 10 times, just to morph an Indrik. If this is the way things are going to be I'm not going to bother, after all I don't use it and the novelty has worn off and I can't display it at one of my houses due to limits on furnishings(stupid rule). I am also not going to pay them more money per month when I've already purchased the packs, the bank upgrades, and the storage bins so the monthly fee is excessive. So in short I refuse to participate in this event. Sorry for all you pvp and imperial city fans but that mode of play is not the end all be all.

All other events are PvE. Would you say its fair that PvPers would have to 100% PvE to get the mount & morphs?

You have to handle one event, on the flipside they have to do multiple.....

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate that out of an entire year of events they feel they need to give 1 event to the PVP crowd. Like why can't they PVE like the rest of us? /s
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do one scout mission a day, get your tickets, return to pve. Or, because the events make it possible to get more tickets than needed, wait until the next event and catch up on tickets for berries. Or wait until later in the winter and buy tickets with crowns. Or just don’t worry about the dawnwood evolution and wait for a morph you like better. There are a lot of options here and the amount of pvp you’ll need to do is really minimal.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stick to the servers they add, people are waiting to prey on PvEers who just want to do the daily on the main servers. Until ZOS gives us PvP and PvE exclusive servers it's just going to make the game completely unfun sometimes. I know it sucks, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. If you gear up for stealth and being tanky you can do a lot in Cyrodiil without ever having to fight anyone, either stay hidden or just permablock until they get bored and go away.

Edited by Minyassa on January 8, 2019 8:22PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find interesting the OP is biased against diverse gameplay interested.

After all it’s fone when the event interested them and they could care less how many do not want to do PvE. By when it is something they do not want to do it’s biased.

Seriously sad.
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok.....thanks for sharing I guess...

Also, PvP is super fun. Sorry.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In all seriousness. This event will take like 20 minutes a day at most to get your tickets.

1. Queue into Vivec. The queue will take a while so you can do your normal PVE things while you wait.
    2. Once in Vivec, pick up the Bounty Board Quest: "Kill X
    3. Drop and pick this quest up repeatedly until the Kill 20 Players quest is found.
    4. Go to a keep that is under attack and drop AOE on the attackers and watch this kill count tick off quickly.
  • Mintaka5
    Mintaka5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely understand where you're coming from. I've been in Cyrodiil since Murkmire release, trying to get a Spell Strategist Inferno staff drop in the Reward for the Worthy. Not a one yet. Now I could just go pick one up in trade guilds for whopping 250K gold, but I won't on principle (overpriced). I'd rather not expose myself to PvP at all, but there's no other way to land a free drop.

This game has a lousy way of locking gear behind a skill-wall. I get it, but there is a whole swath of gear I want to try out, but cannot attain either due to lousy RNG drops (I mean really in an attempt to get all Summerset geyser bosses achievement, and for an entire week Reefhammer was the only boss to show up on any one of the geysers, but if I need a damn inferno staff to drop once it's too much to ask, right ZOS), nearly impossible dungeon and arena mechanics, and basically just a really restrictive way to go about getting the gear you need.

I've settled with overland or dungeon set drops for now, but really wish most sets were more accessible to those of us who do not enjoy doing select content.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a straight PvE'er who has tried PvP and very much dislike it, I will be doing as little as possible during this event. I like playing with other players, but I don't like playing against other players. I even auto-decline all Duel requests. As I already have 12 tickets, I don't need to participate in this event at all for tickets. In fact, I haven't even decided yet if I want this first indrik evolution. I'm not getting any more than one, and this is the one that appeals to me the least.

However, because of the double AP, I will do Battlegrounds for the purpose of leveling the Assault and Support trees and skills. I already did most of my characters during the event this past summer. I even continued doing BG's into the start of the Orsinium event. So I only need to take my last 5 characters from level 5+ up to 7, because I don't have any use for the passives in PvE. Once I complete this, I'll go back to PvE. This way, I can get what I need, and I can stay out of the way of the PvP'ers so that they can enjoy the balance of the event.

• Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you think that's crazy, then think that 2 of the 4 events for Q1 are hidden behind paywalls... lol. So anyone who doesn't have the Thieves Guild/Dark Brotherhood DLCs or Morrowind Expansion/DLC isn't going to be able to morph their Indrik at all...

If that continues throughout the year in the same vein - then all Indrik mounts and community events are going to be hidden behind the same paywalls, rendering useless the other events for players who simply cannot afford to splash the cash (especially considering that some of us aren't getting paid right now thanks to a rather well known "shutdown" lol).
  • Veuth
    Veuth
    ✭✭✭
    Events should remain PvE since it brings more lag and server crashes to PvP when based in Cyrodiil.
    I'm sure PvP'ers don't struggle at completing some events in PvE over players who don't play PvP but want to participate anyway.

I'm all for PvP exclusive kind of events but having an event that's the sequel to a PvE event stationed in PvP doesn't do any good.
    Edited by Veuth on January 18, 2019 4:08AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find the title describes the statement in the OP very well.

Many players do not like PvE yet they have to do PvE to have a chance to get the mount since so far it is 7 out of 8 events are PvE (including the remaining events for first quarter).

So it seems rather narrow minded and biased to complain that one event out of 8 is PvP.
  • coj901
    coj901
    ✭✭✭
    I don't like PvE. I still have to level this stupid undaunted. PvPers have to do all kinds of silly things to get gear and we deal with it.
  • quixadhal
    quixadhal
    Soul Shriven
    People complaining about this are silly.

First, the majority of these events ARE PvE, so maybe let the PvP folk have ONE thing to enjoy on their own terms?

Secondly, you get the event tickets for completing ANY quest in Cyrodil. If you hate PvP, just grab a scouting mission and do it when it's not during peak hours... you probably won't even see any of those horrible PvP people, let alone be attacked by one. You wander to the point on the map, hit 'E' and stand there for a few seconds, and then go turn it in.

Most of the people doing PvP in Cyrodil are busy attacking or defending the current war target, not roaming around looking for people to gank. So if you stay clear of the big red comic-book style explosion symbols that indicate a current conflict, you probably won't even see anyone else at all.
  • wsmith97ub17_ESO
    wsmith97ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I despise most pve in this game. The only tickets I get are from the pvp event. So I will take much longer than you to get the mount, so boo-hoo for me, I accept hugs.
    It is the mind, that is the mind, confusing the mind. Do not leave the mind, oh mind, to the mind.