The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Recover account

bzz86
bzz86
✭✭✭✭
So, I have a second account that I've allowed my friend to try. He is not at fault - I simply forgot my password and email that I've registered with. I do remember the user name. However I cannot send myself the password reminder email as I dont know the email. That might require some recovering as well :)

As complicated as this might sound - I just want to know if there is a way to recover account without me knowing the email. Or the support to tell me the first two-three letters of the email address ?! Anything that might juggle my memory...... Help....
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    So after many try and error attempts... I've managed to recover my account details and then my email details..... Now I've realized that this account is linked to Steam account that I don't use anymore!

When I try to submit ticket it asks me to add date the account was created:

Date Account Created
    Provide the Month / Day / Year when you created the ESO account you are attempting to recover.
    You can locate this information in the email you received when you created your account.
    The subject of the email is: "Elder Scrolls Online - New Account Email Verification"

Who keeps this type of emails !? Can support please help with 'disconnecting' my accounts ?!

I actually opened a ticket on 9th of October 2017 - my message was very shot and provided my account, steam account and why I want to unlink them. As I reply I got:
    1. What is the reason for the unlink request?
    2. What is the ESO Userid that you incorrectly linked?
    3. What is the correct ESO Userid account that you wanted to link to, but did not?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos has an interest in ensuring the person asking for account information is in fact the person who paid for that account.

It’s logical is own thinks of it.

So if you cannot remember anything about the account other than the user name that is probably the @ name everyone could know then your probably SoL.

GL figuring things out.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Zos has an interest in ensuring the person asking for account information is in fact the person who paid for that account.

It’s logical is own thinks of it.

So if you cannot remember anything about the account other than the user name that is probably the @ name everyone could know then your probably SoL.

GL figuring things out.

Read my second post. I already managed to get my ESO account details and login to support. Now I am stuck at that stage...
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The link below will allow you to open a ticket so you can recover your account.

Account Recovery
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    The link below will allow you to open a ticket so you can recover your account.

Account Recovery

I appreciate your generic input. However as mentioned before I have no idea what my account creation date is.... Even less city of my original Login....

Also I already recovered the account as mentioned above... I now need to unlink it from my old steam account. I have learned that this old steam account has been stolen and opened a ticket with Steam. I dont even think I've used it in the past 12 months...
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    For people that might be in the same boat or are following the topic...

I got a reply from STEAM asking me for CD-KEY on the box - they did not specify what box or what CD-KEY, so my replay was basically -> 'I have no boxes, what CD-KEY'?

ESO support:
    Greetings!
    Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is ########, and it's my pleasure to assist you.
    We apologize for any inconvenience. However account linking is intended to be permanent and cannot be undone. We are unable to unlink your account from Steam.
    Thank you for your continued interest and support! If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to ask.

Whilst I can understand that the link is intended to be permanent I am sure that there are ways to disconnect them. I like how all the emails are generic and consider no personal feelings. I work in customer services and I know how hard it is to reply to so many emails, tickets etc... etc... a day, however personal touch goes a long way.

I honestly dont know where to go from here and I am not very sure I will recover my account at this stage.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    If anyone is still following this topic. I've opened ticket from the account I am using at the moment to get the leadership of the guild transferred from my stolen account to the one I use now. Below my replay to message sent to me including parts of the message:

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team. My name is ####, and it's my pleasure to assist you today.
    ****Hello #### - thank you for assisting.

We understand that your Steam account was comprised and you'd like to know if you can have guild leadership transferred to your new account. We will be discussing this matter with you.
    ****When can I expect the discussion about this?

Please continue talking with Steam about your comprised account to see if you'll be able to access the account once again. At this moment, we are unable to shift the leadership of ############ to another person.
    ****I am in a very long exchange with STEAM support at the moment. As I have not used the account in years its very hard to confirm details on it.
    ****** So, are you going to be discussing this with me or are you unable to transfer the leadership? If you cannot please confirm the reasons why? I already have vice-leader that I gave myself from the other account.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we'll be more than happy to assist you to the best of our ability.
    ****Please see above.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Generic support generally cant do much at base level, for obvious reasons.
    You should ask your ticket to be moved to a higher tier of support. ask for the supervisor.
    At higher tiers there usually are people who can help with the more complicated things simply because they are more trusted with such systems.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I made a mistake. They cannot transfer leadership cause I am already a leader in another guild. I have just replied to the ticket as I just created another ESO account - lets see if I can get leadership there.
  • bzz86
    bzz86
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I got the leadership of the guild I was worried about.

Now need to solve the other issues - with stolen STEAM account and the other ESO account.
  • Starhorse
    Starhorse
    ✭✭
    Apparently my password changed without my knowledge, I saved my password which auto fills, no one else has access to my account or computer but somehow it's telling me my password is wrong. I'm trying to purchase crowns but can't log in. So, I selected forgot password and it's asking me a secret question that I never created! So, I tried to call and contact ESO support to no avail because they make it impossible to contact them for help! Worst customer service ever! I filled out the account recovery twice and never received an email. This is unbelievable!
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings,

We've closed this thread as some of its information may no longer be relevant. Please feel free to start a new topic on this subject if you wish to discuss it further.@Starhorse we have reached out to you via PM, please check your messages for our latest response.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.