The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Berries for morphs

gangyzgirl
gangyzgirl
✭✭✭✭
I just need a clear explanation of how it works. Do you need one if each type of berry but right click to activate the one you want for the specific morph or do you need four of the same type?

• fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    gangyzgirl wrote: »
    I just need a clear explanation of how it works. Do you need one if each type of berry but right click to activate the one you want for the specific morph or do you need four of the same type?

Well, in "brief":

there are 4 different possible evolutions, and each will be separately made available during each quarter of the year. As the year goes by, any previous group of 4 berries for a specific evolution will no longer be available.

The evolution takes 4 different berries of a single evolution type. There shouldn't be too much confusion with it because only those 4 berries will be made available during the quarter, each berry being cumulatively added to the vendor's inventory with each event, the same way that the 4 different feathers were made available during Q4 2018. As far as the cost, players stated that the berries were also 10 tickets each on the PTS, although ZOS hasn't stated that specifically yet. But that's probably what they'll be, if they're gonna use roughly the same event progression and time frame as they did the last quarter of 2018. So based on that pricing, you'd need 40 tickets for the 4 berries to do a single evolution. And also based on last quarter, they'll probably make roughly 60-80 tickets available through event participation, but that's only a guess on my part. I'm guessing that it'll be even more important this quarter for them to to provide ample opportunities for earning at least 40 tickets because unlike the feathers, the berries will be limited to specifically the one quarter. So along with any you already have, you must have an opportunity to be able to get at least 40 tickets before the end of the last event of the quarter, or else you can say goodbye to that particular evolution, and also, any berries you already got would be essentially garbage (...until the berries also appear in the crown store...just kidding, but who knows). On the other hand, unlike feathers, stockpiling berries will be useless beyond a single evolution, so that's why I'm guessing 60-80 rather than 80+.

Because of the availability of feathers and non-availability of berries, and the extremely limited cap on number of tickets you can hold at one time, as well as the number of tickets made available during Q4 2018 events, many players have already obtained extra feathers so as not to waste opportunities to get as many tickets -> feathers -> berries -> indriks as possible. However, there is exactly one slot available for a nascent indrik in your collections. So in order to have multiple indriks, you must complete an evolution on your current nascent first. That locks in that particular evolved indrik into your collections, and makes a new collection slot available to start another nascent by obtaining 4 more feathers. You may even have a second batch of 4 feathers already obtained, but you won't be able to use them until you evolved your existing nascent. There were either 80 or 81 tickets made available to earn during Q4 2018, so if played correctly by using the IRL "alarm clock mini-game", some players may actually have a 2nd set of 4 feathers already. They'd be able to confirm that the 2nd set can't yet be used.

By the way, the way you use these would be to simply use any one of the berries when you have all 4 in your inventory. You don't need to right click it, although there would probably be a Use option in the context menu if you did right-click. A double click or the Use keybind should all work the same way. It would work the same as the fragments of a Psijic Ambrosia recipe, or the fragments of a swamp jelly runebox, or other similar items. I'm not positive, but I believe they need to all be in your character inventory at the same time, not just in the bank or housing chests.This applies to both the feathers to create a nascent, and the berries to evolve the nascent.

A lot of this has been stream of consciousness as I thought of applicable details. I hope it helps.

• Kandore_the_Shadow
    Kandore_the_Shadow
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for this info, and I have something to add that is potentially frustrating. During the Q1 Jester's Festival I evolved my nascent indrik into the dawnwood indrik, then started to acquire tickets in order to purchase the Q2 berries and more feathers for the next form in Q2. When I visited Impresario I noticed that I'm unable to purchase ANY berries until I have a nascent indrik mount in my collection.

That puts a lot of extra pressure on players each quarter, if we're trying to get all mount versions. Why can't I purchase berries even if I don't have a nascent indrik? Obviously I can't do anything with the berries until I get my next set of feathers, but I should still be able to buy them during the limited time that they're available.

If you want to avoid this I suggest acquiring a nascent indrik (or not using your berries if you're currently able to do the evolution). Then just collect berries each quarter and DON'T do the evolution until you have another set of feathers ready to go.

If anyone has other suggestions on how to handle this lmk!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for this info, and I have something to add that is potentially frustrating. During the Q1 Jester's Festival I evolved my nascent indrik into the dawnwood indrik, then started to acquire tickets in order to purchase the Q2 berries and more feathers for the next form in Q2. When I visited Impresario I noticed that I'm unable to purchase ANY berries until I have a nascent indrik mount in my collection.

That puts a lot of extra pressure on players each quarter, if we're trying to get all mount versions. Why can't I purchase berries even if I don't have a nascent indrik? Obviously I can't do anything with the berries until I get my next set of feathers, but I should still be able to buy them during the limited time that they're available.

If you want to avoid this I suggest acquiring a nascent indrik (or not using your berries if you're currently able to do the evolution). Then just collect berries each quarter and DON'T do the evolution until you have another set of feathers ready to go.

If anyone has other suggestions on how to handle this lmk!

You couldn't purchase the berries because you already bought those berries for the Dawnwood Indrik. The new berries for the next evolution aren't out yet.

PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Kandore_the_Shadow
    Kandore_the_Shadow
    Soul Shriven
    I really hope you're right. The only reason I'm worried is because the text I saw didn't say "you can't purchase this because you've already used this berry" or something along those lines. It specifically said I couldn't buy them because I didn't have a nascent indrik in my collection. I should have taken a screenshot, gah :/ we'll see on Thursday!
  • Kandore_the_Shadow
    Kandore_the_Shadow
    Soul Shriven
    I am able to buy berries without a nascent indrik in my collection, yay! Sorry for any confusion, and enjoy the event everyone!