The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Plum Swamp Jelly

AefionBloodclaw
AefionBloodclaw
✭✭✭✭
Why is the Plum Swamp Jelly in the crown store showcase this month? Can't you already get it for free by doing the Murkmire dailies? If it is a slightly different one it must be pretty similar... and certainly not different enough to justify spending real money on it.
'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • WanderOften
    WanderOften
    Soul Shriven
    That is the blue one that you can earn from the prologue quest. The plum one is a different shade. At the end of Murkmire there is a quest where you can see all the Swamp Jelly colors side by side.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The plum one is much more ripe.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, what you can do is put them all in an aquarium, in your home.

Or with the upcoming (at some point) Murkmire house, you could put them all under the water, in the lake you can see outside your (underground) window.

Whereas, if you only have one colour of jelly, you can obviously only put one of them at a time in your aquarium(s)/lake.
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 3, 2019 6:09PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember when ZOS did an ESO live Murkmire preview and one of the gentlemen said something like “there are a ton of different swamp jelly pet colors!” All I could think was why are they excited to tell us that they’re going to try to sell reskin after reskin after reskin of the same pet???
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many freakin' swamp jellies are ZOS gonna throw at us?
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »
    The whole mcfrickin rainbow. :D
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• xclassgaming
    xclassgaming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remag_Div wrote: »

Think this is the last one.
    Give us clannfear mounts!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think someone had a lot of fun recoloring this swamp jelly. LOL. :)
    The one you get for free is purple mixed with sky blue, whereas the crown store one is just purple. I guess if people want a bunch of swamp jellies in their home, they can collect the different colors.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    kinda off topic but I keep seeing 'Plum' as 'Plump' and thinking this particular swamp-jelly is gonna be a little fat, rolly-poly thing. :D
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah...not that excited for yet another swamp jelly. I haven't even bothered to do the boring prologue dailies more than once - that's how much I care about these pets.

There is one with the collector's edition - cantaloupe? And then the melon one they had last month. They are even putting them up first as ESO+ exclusives (melon and plum). Wow...that's so exciting. These new ESO+ benefits are great!

Joking aside, I have liked the free items and do appreciate the chance to pick up limited-time items for a bit cheaper. And, of course, I'm not going to like every ESO+ deal we're given - you can't please everyone all the time.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the Swamp Jelly bit I was referring to. Don't get me wrong, I think Ed is awesome and he did amazing work with Murkmire. Just... yeah... that's a lot of Swamp Jellies. He says there are three for the Crown Store (plus the fourth you get from the dailies). So, yeah, I think this is the last of them. :lol:
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens