The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Indoril Motif

Intextio
Intextio
✭✭✭
Please ZOS add an Indoril motif to the game! House Indoril is an integral part of the EP quest line and we explore and deal with threats within House Indoril lands. We already have 3 house dunmer motifs since we have explored the lands of those houses. Yet Indoril is absent.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator is the House Indoril motif, given that its got Nerevar Indoril's face on it.
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator is the House Indoril motif, given that its got Nerevar Indoril's face on it.

Bam that was answered quick
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that's not really correct.

While the Ordinators consist "primarily of House Indoril members" and while the Ordinator outfit is influenced by Indoril design, the two are not equal or similar.

Not all Telvanni are wizards, and not all Indorils are Ordinators, in fact, many Indorils would not be Ordinators, just as some Ordinators are not Indoril. The Militant Ordinator is not a House motif, it is an organization or faction motif, and while I doubt we will ever get a separate Indoril design (and what happened to Dres, for that matter), it is not correct to say that the Militant Ordinator motif is the Indoril Motif.
  • Alkapton
    Alkapton
    ✭✭✭
    It is not just that house motifs are ignored by this game but houses are not developed in general. We should be able to join houses, with quest lines. Not sure how it would work maybe you can only be in one house at a time each having its own skill lines?
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Not all Telvanni are wizards

Then what are the others if not mages? House Telvanni is made up of magic users. And yes, alchemy is a form of magic.
    Edited by SilverIce58 on January 1, 2019 12:48AM
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While the Ordinators consist "primarily of House Indoril members" and while the Ordinator outfit is influenced by Indoril design, the two are not equal or similar.

Not all Telvanni are wizards, and not all Indorils are Ordinators, in fact, many Indorils would not be Ordinators, just as some Ordinators are not Indoril. The Militant Ordinator is not a House motif, it is an organization or faction motif, and while I doubt we will ever get a separate Indoril design (and what happened to Dres, for that matter), it is not correct to say that the Militant Ordinator motif is the Indoril Motif.

Looking back at TES3, @VaranisArano is correct. The Ordinators wear the armor of House Indoril. It's not entirely clear if all Ordinators are pledged to House Indoril, or if they simply bear the arms and armor of House Indoril in their role as guardians of The Tribunal. Though, if they are members of the house, it would go a long way towards explaining why Almalexia gets her own unique Ordinators while Vivec does not. As she is a noble of House Indoril.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking back at TES3, @VaranisArano is correct. The Ordinators wear the armor of House Indoril. It's not entirely clear if all Ordinators are pledged to House Indoril, or if they simply bear the arms and armor of House Indoril in their role as guardians of The Tribunal. Though, if they are members of the house, it would go a long way towards explaining why Almalexia gets her own unique Ordinators while Vivec does not. As she is a noble of House Indoril.

I agree with Varanis as well. I doubt Zos put much thought into the background and just did what was easy to do at the time.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intextio wrote: »
    Please ZOS add an Indoril motif to the game!

I'm all for another pickpocket only motif. Khajiit's family grows, this one needs to buy a bigger house!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO calls it "Militant Ordinator" but its clearly the same style as the "Indoril Armor" in TES 3 Morrowind, as @starkerealm pointed out. The Ordinators, whether members of House Indoril or not, wear Indoril Armor.

TES 3 Morrowind Indoril Armor: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Indoril#Armor
    MW-item-Indoril_Armor.jpg

ESO Militant Ordinator
    redkbsjtvnhy.jpg
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

ESO calls it "Militant Ordinator" but its clearly the same style as the "Indoril Armor" in TES 3 Morrowind, as @starkerealm pointed out. The Ordinators, whether members of House Indoril or not, wear Indoril Armor.

TES 3 Morrowind Indoril Armor: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Indoril#Armor
    MW-item-Indoril_Armor.jpg

ESO Militant Ordinator
    redkbsjtvnhy.jpg

Looks like same armor just updated to not look like a potato run on a calculator operating system of my youth.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The similarity of armor appearance is not the point, you're trying to equate House Indoril with the organization called Ordinators, which is simply not correct, and that's all there is to it.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The similarity of armor appearance is not the point, you're trying to equate House Indoril with the organization called Ordinators, which is simply not correct, and that's all there is to it.
    UESP wrote:
    Ordinators are special guards employed by the Tribunal Temple. They are sworn to uphold both Temple law and Imperial law. Ordinators wear some of the best Medium armor, colored light-gold and blue, with masks that hide their faces. Their distinctive armor is called "Indoril armor" because many - although not all - of the Ordinators are members of House Indoril.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Uh.

In TES 3 the armor is called Indoril Armor. Go read the link I provided or the info starkerealm pulled out for you.

Its the armor of House Indoril.

Ordinators wear the armor of House Indoril, whether they are members of the House or not, because it honors St. Nerevar Indoril the Captain. That's his face on the armor, you know, probably the most famous Indoril after Almalexia?

"Militant Ordinator" happens to look pretty much the same as the "Indoril Armor of TES 3.

So you seem to think that the Ordinators have their own armor and House Indoril has armor we've never seen, when in fact, according to TES III, House Indoril's armor is what's worn by Ordinators.

Though if you really want a separate arnor style, LOL, go look at what House Indoril's Grandmaster Tanval Indoril is wearing in Stonefalls. Basic Dunmer Armor (light), iirc. Same as all the House Dres guys in Kragenmore. Or look at the High Ordinators in Mournhold. Now sure, we all know that's because of different design and development timetables - the "Indoril Armor" we see on the Ordinators in Mournhold is not all that close to its TES III design compared to Militant Ordinator. And thanks to policy, ZOS won't update the visuals of early zones, so Tanval Indoril is stuck with boring, basic armor instead of the armor style based on the actual "Indoril Armor" of TES III - if updated, he'd be wearing a light Militant Ordinator armor robe because that's the Indoril Armor.

But the point remains. ZOS won't add an Indoril Armor because they already did. They call it Militant Ordinator, but that's the Indoril Armor of House Indoril from TES III Morrowind.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Militant Ordinator is the House Indoril motif...
    Agreed.

But... what about House Dres!?! (though I suppose it -could- be arguend that the "basic Dunmer" motiv is the dres motiv...)

And... the lost house, House Ur? ...I want to see an armor motiv for that as well... while there is the "sixth house robe" costume, that is not quite as nifty as having a nice motiv, right?

But I really think it would be great if more races became more diverse in their crafting styles. Dunmer got it with their houses for Morrowind, Orcs with the Orsinium cults, Argonians with various tribes from Murkmire, Redguards with the sets from Craglorn and Thieves Guild, Summerset added fun for the altmer... but there could be so much more for Bretons, Bosmer, Khajiit and others...

I expect we will see more Khajiit styles in time, as Elsweyr is a lofical place for them to go soon enough...

Bosmer? I could see them adding a load of styles for "various tribes", like vinedusk ranger style, brackenleaf briar style, blacksap rebellion style, whatever...

For Bretons there are also a good deal of likely candidates... I mean, it would make sense that various nobles made up their own distinctive style, yes? I suspect some people would love to see Montclain soldiers go all "dracula armor", or have various medieval styles available, from early crusades to late middle ages full tournament plate...

Also, how about the Imperial divines? I mean, we did get "Order of the Hour", which is pretty Akatosh-themed... why no motivs for Stendarr Paladins, Mara Healers, Arkay Clerics, Kyne Warriors, Julianos Sages, Zenithar Merchants, Dibella Courte... err... entertainers.

And Akaviri! We got one generic that most likely came with the akaviri men, and we got the Tsaesci... what about Kamal, Ka-Po'Tun or Tang-Mo and their crafting styles? So much more asian armor fun we could have!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano I like how you quoted my post, then completely disregarded responding to that actual post, despite it only being one and a half lines long, and then continuing into your own rather longwinded and completely unrelated post. Such debate, much wow.

The armor is literally called INDORIL armor, and yes, because it resembles Nerevar Indoril, do notice how it is NOT called HOUSE Indoril armor. That was the whole point of my post, which you quoted then disregarded. ORDINATORS are not HOUSE INDORIL. What do you assume the House Indoril non-Ordinators wear then? Or are they naked?
    And don't start on Tanval Indoril, you can't use base game ESO for any type of lore, or they should have had all possible motifs on the game to begin with. Or did you fail to notice how also Naryu changes from basic Dunmer motif in the base game to the Morag Tong outfit in the DLC? Everyone wear base game motifs in the base game, cause that's all they had developed and made at the time, duh ..

No need to act so stupid all of a sudden, the reason we don't have a HOUSE Indoril motif has nothing to do with the Ordinator motif, but simply that ZOS assigns X numbers of motifs to each DLC and Chapter, as it has been so from the beginning. Which is also why we don't have a House Dres motif, or do you have another far fetched explanation for that one too?

IF there was a house Indoril motif, it would probably look somewhat like the Ordinator motif, yes, but we already have both Dark Brotherhood motif and Assassin's League motif, and Thieves Guild motif and Outlaw motif, which also look pretty similar.

So once again, for the umpteenth time, HOUSE Indoril is NOT = Ordinators, due to the simple fact that Ordinators also have memebers from other Houses, albeit the majority are Indoril, and due to the fact that not all Indoril are Ordinators, which should be self-evident. And while the Ordinator motif/armor does indeed display NEREVAR INDORIL, it is NOT a "house" motif, in the same way that the Telvanni, Redoran and Hlaalu motifs are "house" motifs.

Edited by Carbonised on January 2, 2019 4:29PM
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:House_Indoril

You realize that House Indoril is associated with the Ordinators because most ordinators are from House Indoril? Look on the page. The concept art for the Indoril armor is roughly the same as ESO's Ordinator armor (because ordinator does indeed = Indoril).
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano I like how you quoted my post, then completely disregarded responding to that actual post, despite it only being one and a half lines long, and then continuing into your own rather longwinded and completely unrelated post. Such debate, much wow.

The armor is literally called INDORIL armor, and yes, because it resembles Nerevar Indoril, do notice how it is NOT called HOUSE Indoril armor. That was the whole point of my post, which you quoted then disregarded. ORDINATORS are not HOUSE INDORIL. What do you assume the House Indoril non-Ordinators wear then? Or are they naked?
    And don't start on Tanval Indoril, you can't use base game ESO for any type of lore, or they should have had all possible motifs on the game to begin with. Or did you fail to notice how also Naryu changes from basic Dunmer motif in the base game to the Morag Tong outfit in the DLC? Everyone wear base game motifs in the base game, cause that's all they had developed and made at the time, duh ..

No need to act so stupid all of a sudden, the reason we don't have a HOUSE Indoril motif has nothing to do with the Ordinator motif, but simply that ZOS assigns X numbers of motifs to each DLC and Chapter, as it has been so from the beginning. Which is also why we don't have a House Dres motif, or do you have another far fetched explanation for that one too?

IF there was a house Indoril motif, it would probably look somewhat like the Ordinator motif, yes, but we already have both Dark Brotherhood motif and Assassin's League motif, and Thieves Guild motif and Outlaw motif, which also look pretty similar.

So once again, for the umpteenth time, HOUSE Indoril is NOT = Ordinators, due to the simple fact that Ordinators also have memebers from other Houses, albeit the majority are Indoril, and due to the fact that not all Indoril are Ordinators, which should be self-evident. And while the Ordinator motif/armor does indeed display NEREVAR INDORIL, it is NOT a "house" motif, in the same way that the Telvanni, Redoran and Hlaalu motifs are "house" motifs.

Okay, so I'm assuming that the motif virtually identical to the armor that TES III calls "Indoril Armor" is in fact the armor of House Indoril and thus no extra motif is needed. As far as I know, we've never met a non-Ordinator member of house Indoril wearing other armor outside of ESO's base game, and we agree that Tanval Indoril's basic armor sucks and isnt a good basis for lore.

If I understand you correctly, you disagree with my assumption. You want ZOS to add/invent another motif that's "Indoril Armor" despite the fact that we already have a motif that's practically identical to what TES III calls "Indoril Armor", its just called Militant Ordinator. Because you assume that there must be another House armor worn by non-Ordinators.

Okay. We're not going to agree or convince each other. Given that it would take ZOS adding more Dunmer content to ESO to get another motif since they won't update released content, I suspect this is a moot point and won't be resolved for years until the development cycle swirls back around to Dunmer again. Or we get a look at "Indoril Armor" again in TES VI.

So lets drop it, and you have a great day.