The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buying another copy of game on Xbox, what transfers regions?

Beardimus
Beardimus
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Odd question. I have a copy of the game i use on main Xbox, running EU and have bought a few DLC. I'm also ESO plus so when i go NA that applies and i can do all content.

I need a second game disk as have two xboxs now. So I'm thinking to get an upgrade i.e. Imperial edition and apply that to my EU OR get the gold version and load that into NA so i keep Orsinium & Imp City if i drop ESO plus down the line.

Questions then

1. Does bought DLC apply to all regions?
2. Does Imperial edition
3. Does Gold version include a code you use or is the DLC access on the disk? (as i may buy off eBay)
4. Same question for imperial.

3&4 are basically do i need a sealed version of game?
Edited by Beardimus on December 31, 2018 6:40PM
Xbox One | EU | EP
Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
Alts - - for the Lolz
Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach

Best Answers

• Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing tranfers sadly. Not from pc to console and vica versa. Same goes for regions. Everything has to be repurchased.
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
    Answer ✓
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My understanding is that anything that is purchased outside the game is available on both servers. Anything purchased inside the game (via Crown Store), is only available on the server it was purchased on.

Since you have ESO plus, you can access all DLC on both servers. However, if you were to drop ESO plus, then you would only have access to the DLC you purchased on the server you purchased it on. But if you were to purchase the gold edition, which I understand from your post includes Orsinium and Imperial City, you would have access to both of those DLC on both servers since you purchased them outside the game.

Also, any pets/mounts/collectibles that come with the purchase of a box/digital copy of the game (Imperial Edition, e.g.) is available on both servers. When I created a character on EU during Summerfall, I had access to the Imperial horse from the Imperial edition (as well as Any Race/Any Alliance) and the pets/mounts/collectibles that came with the pre-order of the Special Editions of Morrowind and Summerset.

I don't know the answers to 3 & 4.

Edited for clarity.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 31, 2018 7:00PM
    Answer ✓
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any codes/DLC you unlock stay with your gamertag, not the individual console. So if you purchase the imperial edition (and do not currently have it) it doesn't matter what console you input the code into, it will be synced with your gamertag and be available on whichever console you happen to be playing on at that time.

One thing you will notice most times when you first load the game after switching will be a quick "update" bar/screen that says something to the effect of "Syncing game data" or whatever. Usually takes only a second or two.

I misread your OP and/or got distracted by follow up replies.

I would wager to say that Gold would come with a code similar to Morrowind/Summerset that would unlock for the whole account across both servers, and wouldn't be hard coded into the disc itself. Not sure about the Imperial Edition.

Just for the record, the disc is typically just the base game and all special content is digitally unlocked via code. I have physical collectors editions of Morrowind and Summerset, but still play the game with my original physical disc of ESO: Tamriel Unlimited and keep the MW/SS discs in case my original gets scratched up or broken. I can still access all content just fine.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to update my own thread.

It is as the guys said above. DLC bought in game is only on that region. DLC bought out of game os on both. I.e. I have Morrowind on both, but if i look in crown store on EU the DLC i bought is greyed out as purchased yet i have nothing on NA.

Terrible system :(

And the gold version comes with a DLC code to activate those DLC across your account.

Likewise i assume if i buy imperial upgrade in game its ~2k crowns and ill get on one region. If i get the imperial editon code it will be on both.

Hard work is all ill say, this stuff should be obvious.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Answer ✓
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    My understanding is that anything that is purchased outside the game is available on both servers. Anything purchased inside the game (via Crown Store), is only available on the server it was purchased on.

Since you have ESO plus, you can access all DLC on both servers. However, if you were to drop ESO plus, then you would only have access to the DLC you purchased on the server you purchased it on. But if you were to purchase the gold edition, which I understand from your post includes Orsinium and Imperial City, you would have access to both of those DLC on both servers since you purchased them outside the game.

Also, any pets/mounts/collectibles that come with the purchase of a box/digital copy of the game (Imperial Edition, e.g.) is available on both servers. When I created a character on EU during Summerfall, I had access to the Imperial horse from the Imperial edition (as well as Any Race/Any Alliance) and the pets/mounts/collectibles that came with the pre-order of the Special Editions of Morrowind and Summerset.

I don't know the answers to 3 & 4.

Edited for clarity.

Thanks @Jayne_Doe that's a good way to summerise it as i was trying to think how something bought outside of the game knew which region to put it against!!

So my next question then is 3&4 i.e. is the Gold / Imperial a code i input into a region or via disc thus on both regions using that disc.... Insightfuls for the answer
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm confused. Are you running a different gamer tag on the second Xbox? If you are signing in using the same gamer tag, you should have access to everything on both Xboxes. If you use a physical disc, you'll have to move it around, but I've got 3 Xboxes and bouce between them regularly.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mik195 wrote: »
    I'm confused. Are you running a different gamer tag on the second Xbox? If you are signing in using the same gamer tag, you should have access to everything on both Xboxes. If you use a physical disc, you'll have to move it around, but I've got 3 Xboxes and bouce between them regularly.

Hi, no its one GT. I got an Xbox one X which is my main unit, but I have my old Xbox setup In a different room and sometimes wasn't to play that. Rather than move the disc about i thought I'd buy another cheap off eBay but rather than get the basic one i thought either A) get myself imperial added on or B secure Orsinium & Imp City on NA as there will come a time i won't have ESO plus (and i already own them on EU)

I'm just not sure if Imperial version disc just gives you the extra pack wherever it plays or if it uploads / tags something into your profile?

Same.with the gold disc edition.

Does that make more sense? If I'm spending a tenner on a disc i might as well gain something.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Mik195
    Mik195
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that makes sense. I tend to buy the digital versions since getting up to change a disk usually means winding my way around multiple cats.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to start over
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Imperial Edition it depends on where you buy it. If you get the Imperial upgrade from the crown store then it's only on the server you purchase it on. But if you buy a physical copy of the Imperial Edition (base game collectors edition) it will be available on both servers.

As Jayne Doe said the same is true of everything else but most things are either only available one way of they have different names. (Like the Gold Edition which is a physical copy of the base game and the Guilds and Glory DLC pack.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No need to start over

Not trying to start over, I'm using the same GT on both. My query is about what transfers regions prepping for when i eventually lose ESO plus
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Any codes/DLC you unlock stay with your gamertag, not the individual console. So if you purchase the imperial edition (and do not currently have it) it doesn't matter what console you input the code into, it will be synced with your gamertag and be available on whichever console you happen to be playing on at that time.

One thing you will notice most times when you first load the game after switching will be a quick "update" bar/screen that says something to the effect of "Syncing game data" or whatever. Usually takes only a second or two.

I misread your OP and/or got distracted by follow up replies.

I would wager to say that Gold would come with a code similar to Morrowind/Summerset that would unlock for the whole account across both servers, and wouldn't be hard coded into the disc itself. Not sure about the Imperial Edition.

Just for the record, the disc is typically just the base game and all special content is digitally unlocked via code. I have physical collectors editions of Morrowind and Summerset, but still play the game with my original physical disc of ESO: Tamriel Unlimited and keep the MW/SS discs in case my original gets scratched up or broken. I can still access all content just fine.
    Thanks for intel on codes. So 2nd hand i need to ensure code is unused/new i guess and I'm away
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The NA server doesnt recognize what youve done on the EU server and vice versa because theyre not connected.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    The NA server doesnt recognize what youve done on the EU server and vice versa because theyre not connected.

I get you, but still there is a connection i.e. They can both 'see' your crown stash. And ESO Plus so it wouldn't be technically impossible to allow a purchase to run across both. But of course that makes no financial sense.

I'm fine losing crown purchase, mounts etc etc as its business. But the fact i can buy ESO Gold for £9 and get it across both, or spend 5k for the 4 DLC pack then realise its one server.

It's cool and all, companies got to make money its just not so clear to understand. But in essence all you can buy out of the game is chapters, imperial pack, gold, and that's it. Ao the problem isn't that big.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP