The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hello, new here, have some questions

Silurus
Silurus
So hello, i am new to the game and i have some questions about some things.
--I have played around a little and i really do like that the quests are voice acted and it helps me more with my immersion into the world. I've found that there are also group dungeons out there, i'd like to know if they are required to progress through a zones story. I honestly don't intend to do those as i am aware of my capabilities and i just enjoy the open world more, to play the way i like to and don't want my playstyle to interfere with other people that might want to do the dungeons in a certain way.
--I see i have the base game+Morrowind, and by how many quests there are in areas, it's going to take me a long time to finish all of it, also because i play really casually. Would i really need the Summerset expansion right away?
--Umm...i don't intend to get that ESO+ thing i see, so are all the content updates like different story zones available to be bought with those crowns? Or are there some which require ESO+?
--Housing. I see there is housing in this game. I also saw different furniture items on the shop, can some of that furniture be attained in game through gameplay? Or are there other versions of furniture and decorations out there?
--I have read that guilds have guild stalls where you can list things for sale. Is there also something like that which doesn't require you to be in a guild?
--Mounts. I like basic mounts, like horses and such and not too interested in flashy looking ones. Are there other mounts in the game for different races? Or besides the horses, the other mounts you'd want come from the store.

Thank you.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's some ways to get some mounts like daily rewards, free gems or events

Loot backpacks and such to find housing recipes. There's some cheap ones in stores and at NPCs.

You can sell in zone. Advice theives make good gold fast. Try this
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Group dungeons are not required to progress through storylines so they really are optional. Delves are designed for single players. Public dungeons are harder but not that much harder than delves and very doable for single players. Group dungeons are designed for a group of four and can be played on normal or veteran level.

Your plan to just comfortably solo quests is perfectly fine. Don't need to worry about group dungeons. That said, don't rule them out for later perhaps. If you get very comfortable and feel strong with a character, group dungeons offer a higher level of challenge but are certainly not out of reach at all (especially on normal level) for reasonably diligent players with a bit of experience.

You will also encounter dolmens (dark anchors) and world bosses (WB) outdoors while adventuring. These are designed for multiple players but, again, with practice and experience, dolmens can be soloed and so can a good number of the WB you find in non-DLC zones.

Enjoy and don't be in a rush! :)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on December 30, 2018 4:33PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My points in bold. :)
    Silurus wrote: »
    So hello, i am new to the game and i have some questions about some things. Welcome to the game. Hope you enjoy and have a great time.
    --I have played around a little and i really do like that the quests are voice acted and it helps me more with my immersion into the world. I've found that there are also group dungeons out there, i'd like to know if they are required to progress through a zones story.I believe the answer is Yes and NO. No they are not required for MOST quests, but I believe when you go to Craglorn, there are some where you need to team up. I haven't done them since I play solo. Never encountered any single play where I need to do that, but I could be wrong. I honestly don't intend to do those as i am aware of my capabilities and i just enjoy the open world more, to play the way i like to and don't want my playstyle to interfere with other people that might want to do the dungeons in a certain way.
    --I see i have the base game+Morrowind, and by how many quests there are in areas, it's going to take me a long time to finish all of it, also because i play really casually. Would i really need the Summerset expansion right away? UNLESS you want to craft jewelry, no you don't need it. Also it "may" become a DLC and not a story and be included in ESO+
    --Umm...i don't intend to get that ESO+ thing i see, so are all the content updates like different story zones available to be bought with those crowns? Or are there some which require ESO+? You can buy all DLC with crowns in the crown store. For me I get ESO+ because I like getting all the DLC for free, and the CRAFT BAG. If you are a horder you will need the craft bag. What I would do, is if you are not in any hurry to buy any DLC, I would say get ESO+. This way you are spending money anyways, so when you get ESO+, the 1650 crowns you get from there, you can save and buy up the DLC that way and then cancel ESO+. This way you can get the craft bag, double bank storage and 10% extra experience. After all, you are spending the money either way, will not be doing the content so get ESO+, save the crowns until you buy what DLC you want and then unsubscribe to ESO+. Why buy the DLC and get nothing in return, when you can buy the DLC through ESO+ and get so much till you get what you want? Just an idea there.
    --Housing. I see there is housing in this game. I also saw different furniture items on the shop, can some of that furniture be attained in game through gameplay? Or are there other versions of furniture and decorations out there? I can't really say since I haven't dabbled in hoursing, but you can make your own furniture and find them as well as part of the loot. So they all don't need to be bought.
    --I have read that guilds have guild stalls where you can list things for sale. Is there also something like that which doesn't require you to be in a guild?If I am reading this correctly, are you talking about the guild stalls in the world of Tamriel? If so You can buy anything in any guild stall. You don't have to be part of that guild. If you are talking about buying when at a banker, then yes you have to be with a guild to do so.
    --Mounts. I like basic mounts, like horses and such and not too interested in flashy looking ones. Are there other mounts in the game for different races? Or besides the horses, the other mounts you'd want come from the store.All the mounts are for everyone. No matter what race you are, you can use any mount. You only buy the mounts in the store is if you want them. All they are is for looks, since all your mounts when you train one, all of them are trained to that level you have done.

Thank you.

Hope this helps.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • Silurus
    Silurus
    Thanks for the info. Yes, you might be right about getting ESO+ , as you said, and i could try out some DLCs that are overworld content and story. But for now i plan first to finish the zones that are here, after that i'll most likely look around and see what i'd like to do next. They seem full with quests and content, so i will have quite some time on them :smile:
  • Silurus
    Silurus
    Group dungeons are not required to progress through storylines so they really are optional. Delves are designed for single players. Public dungeons are harder but not that much harder than delves and very doable for single players. Group dungeons are designed for a group of four and can be played on normal or veteran level.

Your plan to just comfortably solo quests is perfectly fine. Don't need to worry about group dungeons. That said, don't rule them out for later perhaps. If you get very comfortable and feel strong with a character, group dungeons offer a higher level of challenge but are certainly not out of reach at all (especially on normal level) for reasonably diligent players with a bit of experience.

You will also encounter dolmens (dark anchors) and world bosses (WB) outdoors while adventuring. These are designed for multiple players but, again, with practice and experience, dolmens can be soloed and so can a good number of the WB you find in non-DLC zones.

Enjoy and don't be in a rush! :)

Well yes i mostly like the solo play part, as said, i'm not very good in dungeons and i don't want the other teammates to have a bad play session.
    I have seen the dolmens and there usually are people around, but those bosses out there ar tough, and not many people are around those. I guess it's because the base game is older content.
    Oh and i am the kind that doesn't rush :smiley: , so i'll have a good time questing, all being voice acted and such.
  • Silurus
    Silurus
    Not wanting to start another thread, but i have seen a few guilds advertising, as trading guilds, and say like some sort of weekly payment or a certain selling point/gold in sales. Are there guilds that do not ask for such things?
    It's not very much, most that i have seen, but due to the times i will to be on the game, it might be just a little bit much for me, and when i'm on i would like to do my thing instead of raising the gold to pay the guild.
    Also, there might be times where i won't be on for a week or two.
    I like selling things, trading through an auction house, that's why i ask, because i feel like if this is tied to guilds, then inactive users might be replaced with more frequent people.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dungeons are not required to progress through any zone's main story, though you may come across them as you explore each zone. A small number of group content does cover major story points of a zone, most notably the three trials in Craglorn, but that zone was originally meant for groups. It's mostly scaled for solo play now.

The story progresses from Morrowind through Clockwork City and then Summerset. From that perspective you don't need it now. The one thing you'll most likely be missing is access to jewelry crafting. Note: if you do get Summerset, new characters will start there instead of Morrowind.

ESO+ provides you access to all DLC, except the current chapter, but all can be bought separately. In fact based on the usual price points it would cheaper to buy DLC you want than to sub for access, unless you can sub 1 or 2 months a year and complete the new content in that time. ESO+'s main appeal is the unlimited craft materials bag, double bank space, costume dying and double furnishing slots for houses.

Speaking of houses, there is a wide range of items that can by crafted in game, and bought in guild shops or from a variety of NPCs. There are, however, a number of crown exclusive items. Most notably will be Imperial racial items, a few are available from level up rewards, but otherwise they are generally just just recolors of Breton Items.

No, your only other option is to use zone chat to sell something. You can trade with players face to face, or mail the item with a COD. When the other player accepts the attachment, it will send a return mail with the gold. Note: if your attachment is not accepted, and the player does not return to sender, your item will still return after 30 days.

Other than four horse types, event mounts, give aways for owning content, and log in rewards, any other mounts will need to be bought directly or gambled for via loot crates.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Silurus wrote: »
    Not wanting to start another thread, but i have seen a few guilds advertising, as trading guilds, and say like some sort of weekly payment or a certain selling point/gold in sales. Are there guilds that do not ask for such things?
    It's not very much, most that i have seen, but due to the times i will to be on the game, it might be just a little bit much for me, and when i'm on i would like to do my thing instead of raising the gold to pay the guild.
    Also, there might be times where i won't be on for a week or two.
    I like selling things, trading through an auction house, that's why i ask, because i feel like if this is tied to guilds, then inactive users might be replaced with more frequent people.

If you are on NA PC, I have a couple guilds that might work for you. One that usually has a trader, supports it through raffle donations, and will probably be a good place to learn group content. And unless you're gone for months, you probably won't be kicked.

The second one has a trader only some of the time, but has no restrictions or requirements other than treat other members respectfully. I consider it a good starter guild for those who are mostly solo players intimidated by the social aspect of an MMO but still feel the need to join one for the benefits.

Send a mail to @Drio if you're interested.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HORSES -
    Mounts are all the same, up your storage and speed and stamina from the stablemaster, no mount is better than another.
    You can buy regular horses (without magic smoke/flames pouring out their... eyes ;)) for in game gold from the stablemaster.

HOUSES -
    MANY cool furnishing items are tied to Quest achievements, but you still have to buy theem with in-game gold.
    (each Map has different regular and achievement furnishings)
    PLANTS mostly you buy from the regular housing merchants.
    Basic furniture (chairs, tables, shelves, beds etc) we make ourselves or buy from the guild traders.

FYI -
    ESO+ doubles your bank space and furnishing slots, and gives you a monthly crown stipend.
    (I spend my crowns on clothes and Guar :) )
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Silurus
    Silurus
    Ehh, i just saw a furnishing guy around, i'll have to check the other maps aswell for the guys.But i want to get a bigger house than than a room in an inn......i guess i'll have to work a bit for it tho.
    Just did my first random dungeon, just to check things out. I stated from the start that i was new and that anything i should know about bosses here to tell me. It was good, nobody rushed, i can't remember the name but it was quite fun, me as a healer. If people are understanding and want to have me around as a newbie, i will definitely try more out as i go :smiley:
  • Silurus
    Silurus
    Oh, forgot, i am on PC EU, so if anyone knows a nice guild for trading and stuff, please let me know.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As has been stated group dungeons are not required. You will run across some group dungeon introduction quests as you move around Tamriel. None require you to actually run the dungeon but you might have to enter it to turn in the quest. I pick them up whether I intend to run the related dungeon or not being somewhat of a completionist.

I didn't run any group content and stuck strictly to delves and public dungeons until the Undaunted event. I've found most of the normal level group dungeons to be pretty forgiving as long as you follow the basics of don't stand in stuff and following any action messages that pop up. Being an older person my reflexes aren't that fast anymore and it takes me a bit longer to learn to anticipate mechanics so I doubt I will try many if any veteran dungeons/trials. This doesn't bother me as a number of the sets considered to be best in slot for PvE are available in the open world, crafting or Undaunted chests and if your patient the Golden vendor. Those that aren't, aren't needed for anything other than vanity if you don't run the high end content.