The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please help me choose which traits I should research.

Greystag
Greystag
✭✭✭✭
These are my researched traits:
1csN96F.png

The only trait I'm sure about researching next is Infused for daggers (and the jewellery traits), but I'm completely lost on which traits I should research first. Is Invigorating and Nirnhoned armour actually useful?
As for weapons, maybe Defending is better than Powered and Charged.

Thanks in advance.
| PC / EU |
| Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
| Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
| CP: 1800 |
| Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nirn and invigorating have niche uses but most will go without it. Defending is better between the other options.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Nirn and invigorating have niche uses but most will go without it. Defending is better between the other options.

Ok thanks. I think I'll go Nirnhoned -> Invigorating on Medium and Invigorating -> Nirnhoned on Heavy (since if I'm not mistaken, tanks already hit the cap without it and Impenetrable is better for PvP).

Should I get them all to 8 traits first, or prioritise some weapons and get 9 traits on them?
    | PC / EU |
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greystag wrote: »

Should I get them all to 8 traits first, or prioritise some weapons and get 9 traits on them?

It probably isn’t going to matter too much.

Takes less research time on your eighth trait versus the ninth trait ... and you can call yourself an eight trait crafter when done.

In addition, when would you ever craft 2-handed weapons with the powered trait? ;)
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭

In addition, when would you ever craft 2-handed weapons with the powered trait? ;)

bUt My sTAmWArDen HEaLeR iS vErY GoOd aND cAn SoLOhEaL vMOL

| PC / EU |
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greystag wrote: »

bUt My sTAmWArDen HEaLeR iS vErY GoOd aND cAn SoLOhEaL vMOL

It's not a judgment on your build, @Greystag, so no need to take offense to it.

You are just looking for a trait research order ... we are trying to help.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 30, 2018 10:03PM
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not a judgment on your build, @Greystag, so no need to take offense to it.

You are just looking for a trait research order ... we are trying to help.

I... was trying to make a joke lol. I know powered is useless but I'm sure some people run a powered greatsword for their "toatally hidden OP" stam healer build.
    | PC / EU |
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Greystag I instantly got and had a nice chuckle over your joke. :)

The reason to know the powered trait on a great sword is not to make a powered great sword; rather, it is to make a great sword that is part of a set requiring 9 traits to be researched, such at Twice Born Star (just an example, I'm not passing judgment on TBS as a set). I don't play PvP and have no use for impenetrable but that and powered are required if I'm going to make 8 or 9 trait sets.

Tldr: Research everything to open up all crafted sets.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Greystag I instantly got and had a nice chuckle over your joke. :)

The reason to know the powered trait on a great sword is not to make a powered great sword; rather, it is to make a great sword that is part of a set requiring 9 traits to be researched, such at Twice Born Star (just an example, I'm not passing judgment on TBS as a set). I don't play PvP and have no use for impenetrable but that and powered are required if I'm going to make 8 or 9 trait sets.

Tldr: Research everything to open up all crafted sets.

Yup that's what I'm aiming for; I just want to know which traits could even be remotely useful so that I research them first.
    | PC / EU |