Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Outfit slots NOT account wide?!

j.greenmanb16_ESO
j.greenmanb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Holy hell in a handbasket ZOS, 1500 crowns for an outfit slot, and you need to buy each slot for each character? That is insane. What's even worse, it is not stated so in the crown store that it is not account wide. Again, another case of the crown store being slimier than it should be.

I know, It doesn't state that it is account wide, but am I silly in thinking that it would be? It seems in line with other account wide things, like motifs, mounts, pets, dyes, etc.
"You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of people made this mistake, and a lot of others only found out by reading about it on the forum.

If you contact support and explain (politely) that the description did not make if clear what you'd get they may refund you.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS appreciates your dedication to the game, and your donation of 1500 crowns. :trollface:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • EphemeraCrawford
    EphemeraCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since they make money from selling costumes, you'd think an account wide slot puchase option would be on offer. That or cheaper per character slots. More outfits = more $$$
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been noted in the forums more than once since they were added. Heck, the best thread actually calculated the cost to unlock all slots on all characters (though that is pretty extreme).

They go on sale occasionally.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    This has been noted in the forums more than once since they were added. Heck, the best thread actually calculated the cost to unlock all slots on all characters (though that is pretty extreme).

I think the point is that you shouldn't have to come to the forums to get clarification on a purchase in game. It should be clear on the purchase itself.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

I think the point is that you shouldn't have to come to the forums to get clarification on a purchase in game. It should be clear on the purchase itself.

Yeah, but if they fixed the description to clarify, they would probably sell fewer of them. :neutral:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I strongly encourage you to post in the unofficial megathread for this issue as well: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/394951/1500-crowns-per-outfit-slot-1-slot-just-under-1200-for-every-slot/p34

(And yeah. It's sketchy to say the least.)
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to make an outfit mod for pc (the cool kids ;P)

Saves settings for outfits to allow easy swaps at the outfit station. 20-60k gold > crowns lol
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is very expensive.

This is, at least partly, why I don't level alts.

To be honest, I don't enjoy levelling alts much, anyway, until I am utterly sick of.....I mean.....very familiar with a game.

But, stuff like this does not make me feel any more tempted.

Edited by Tigerseye on January 2, 2019 7:07PM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone needs to make an outfit mod for pc (the cool kids ;P)

Saves settings for outfits to allow easy swaps at the outfit station. 20-60k gold > crowns lol

There had been one, then ZOS cut it off from the API call. They clearly don't want that function to impede their sales. They also clearly don't understand that they impede their own sales greater with their pricing.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah i got one thinking itll unlock 1 additional slot for all my characters. Sadly disappointed. For the price it makes since to.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya, outfit slots after a while start to add up, i didnt like that they werent account wide. That was just one more thing that should have been account wide in addition to alliance war ranks and AP.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well yeah, its ZoS marketing team deliberately making it unclear to trick people into making that mistake!
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought one thinking it was account wide. I won't buy another one unless it becomes account wide or I win some lottery.