The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

They need to make a pay to transfer or a 1 time transfer option: SERIOUSLY@!

Jsho83
Jsho83
Soul Shriven
I will buy eso for pc and pay for subscription if I can transfer my ps4 account. There should be like a 1 time thing to transfer; or just make it pay to transfer if its such a issue. I do not and refuse to start over again. Way too many hours in the game. I havn't played in over a year and ahalf now because I don't have a ps4 anymore and I enjoy playing games on my pc more. Until then I guess Ill just keep playing CSGO.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a one time thing to transfer. That one time happened over 3 years ago.

While I understand the desire, Zos stated clearly that would be a one time deal and that they would not do it again. It is very likely forbidden in the agreement between Zos and the consoles. If so Zos would not say so as it is bad business to toss your partners under the bus.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main reason is that allowing transfers right now would cause problems. You can see their official stance on transfers in the FAQ page:

"We have not built, and do not plan to build, the capability to move individual characters from platform to platform. We were only able move characters in bulk for console once on June 1st 2015 because the database tables we copied to were brand new (empty). Now that the database tables are filled with other data, the techniques we used before no longer work."
    Edited by Greystag on December 30, 2018 12:57PM
    | PC / EU |
    | Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
    | Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
    | CP: 1800 |
    | Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • HouLiGaN
    HouLiGaN
    ✭✭✭
    Greystag wrote: »
    The main reason is that allowing transfers right now would cause problems. You can see their official stance on transfers in the FAQ page:

"We have not built, and do not plan to build, the capability to move individual characters from platform to platform. We were only able move characters in bulk for console once on June 1st 2015 because the database tables we copied to were brand new (empty). Now that the database tables are filled with other data, the techniques we used before no longer work."

Well yeah thats basically how things work.

Now people would say;
    But Im guessing they could Copy paste the line of the character and its information to the other platforms database.

Now where does this get complicated?

That would require someone doing it manually, where that would probably cause problems in a database being updated constantly automatically.

As Internal Controls go, this would be the main reason for this not being implemented. One simple mistake could lead to a necessary backup from a previous file for everyone.

And that is basically one of an MMO`s worst nightmares.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Technical issues aside, i cant image sony or Microsoft would be keen on allowing ZOS a paid service to actively take customers away from their respective platforms. Its likely in the fine print somewhere.

Unfortunate really. I would do so in a heart beat even if it meant deleting all my pc peogress. When console came out, i started new since i had no friends at the time on pc playing the game and had a handful of console friends willing to try it, rhey ended up being super invested in the game and my pc account was slowly dwarfed by my work on the ps4 acount. Now those same friends who have taken a long break from the game have become proud memebers of the masterace and want to return to the game on pc. Lol.