The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

DK Hybrid Legitimate 3vX and 1vX Gameplay for Murkmire

• mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiveboro wrote: »
    For what it's worth I'm still running innate/BSW and I don't think it has ever been much better than this patch. Switch to dual wield, cauterize, and tri stat glyphs and it's still solid. Although this whole hybrid think is piquing my interest. If you're running pelinals and 2h wouldn't you want to be using execute? That and healing seems like the only reasons to go hybrid over full mag.

I'd love to know how you think it's solid in bg's. I'm running Blood Spawn / Innate / BSW 5/1/1 with snb BSW and vma resto back bar.

front bar: flame lash / embers / fossilize / engulfing flames / cauterize / leap
    back bar: mutagen / wings / degeneration / talons / volatile armor / temporal guard

in no-cp bg's: my recovery sits at 1700 mag and add in vma. the problem is - even on a perfect encounter where I can degen at range, talon the target, engulf flame, ember, fossilize, and then flame lash - I find that I am routinely wounding the target to 30 to 40% damage. From there, they either roll dodge away, shield up, have teammates assist, etc... and I'm pretty much nuked.

compared to a stam toon, it is night and day. stam toon can get in, hold up much better in the brawl, and the damage I dish with rending slash into execute will finish targets.

Add on the fact that if I get any type of prolonged fight where multiple cc's happen, I'm now at no stamina on magdk and just die to hard cc.

I find the lack of a dodge roll / vigor heal is super debilitating. the lack of aoe reduction is debilitating. the necessity to run light armor in massive aoe brawls is debilitating. and the just mediocre pressure damage without an actual execute is debilitating.

it feels like u work 10x as hard on mag as stam in bg's to accomplish the same result. Did I mention that my light attack weaves hit for poo because its snb physical?

i'd love to know how you are dominating bg's on bsw/innate. on paper it should be great damage. in reality I find it lacking against good players running stam variants dumping aoe dmg everywhere.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    @Fiveboro exactly. People need to stop thinking hybrids in terms of damage only. Think in terms of healing, sustain, and utility. If you want legitimate damage with mag/stam, I think your answer lies in SB piercing armor for fracture and breach.

Light armor mag dk has diminished since pre-cwc in my opinion. That’s set up pre-cwc was better.

I might try building a hybrid DK for *** and gigs based on your thread. I think all of the DK magicka DOTs and Skoria paired with 2h execute could be devastating.

And I take back what I said it is definitely harder to play LA mag DK this patch due to how hard surviving is with shield nerfs but actual damage output for me is as high as ever.

@SkysOutThizeOut also wanted to say THANK YOU for xbox content. Only see stuff from PS4/PC but the truth is xbox goes the hardest. I also think ive dueled you at least 10 times in the last couple weeks in stormhaven.
    Edited by Fiveboro on January 7, 2019 10:24PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fiveboro exactly. People need to stop thinking hybrids in terms of damage only. Think in terms of healing, sustain, and utility. If you want legitimate damage with mag/stam, I think your answer lies in SB piercing armor for fracture and breach.

Light armor mag dk has diminished since pre-cwc in my opinion. That’s set up pre-cwc was better.

I might try building a hybrid DK for *** and gigs based on your thread. I think all of the DK magicka DOTs and Skoria paired with 2h execute could be devastating.

And I take back what I said it is definitely harder to play LA mag DK this patch due to how hard surviving is with shield nerfs but actual damage output for me is as high as ever.

I have just leveled my mag dk and used it in cyrodiil a couple of times and I was thinking spin to win after a leap. Not sure at what point I should just make it a stamdk.
  • Fiveboro
    Fiveboro
    ✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I have just leveled my mag dk and used it in cyrodiil a couple of times and I was thinking spin to win after a leap. Not sure at what point I should just make it a stamdk.

Depends what you want, to be honest though, I would stick with the pure Mag DK to start. I'm just exploring this hybrid because i've played MagDK for like 800 hours and it'd be fun to change it up. The pure Mag DK damage dealer is my personal favorite though and you can definitely do some work in cyrodiil. On top of that, if you like dueling the mag DK is one of the best 1 on 1 dueling classes.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Fiveboro I did play Xbox a couple years ago. But am pc na and use Xbox elite controller. My damage is just as high if not consistently higher on my hybrid than my full mag, except for maj breach, but I use a magden friend for that.

@technohic up to you, but you need to learn to time draw essence with leap. And you can make it work. Just gotta start considering and critically analyzing if/thens.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    started messing with this last night - really feel you have to go medium armor as the entire point of pelinals is to match weapon damage and therefore need to spike it as much as possible. medium armor accomplishes this with passive.

BG's on magdk have felt like a total struggle lately. every death recap is sub assault, steel tornado, dbos damage and wearing 5/1/1 light even with snb has me melting in seconds, sometimes before i'm able to cast even 1 skill.

I've been running mutagen on vma, degeneration, cauterize, embers, and flame lash and it still doesn't feel like anywhere close to enough healing in bg's. recovery is also super poop compared to stam toons that normally run 2k stam (my magdk has about 1500 mag recovery and additional vma supplement).

magdk bg struggles are real. if you can isolate a fight, you can stand toe to toe, but every bg fight is usually 3 to 4 with aoe everywhere and you just melt.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mursie Damage is higher in light armor. Test it yourself. lol I’ve done the damage tests. I have video of it in medium. For dw and 2h, focus on mag damage, light is better. That crit and 4800 pen is often underrated. You can definitely do something towards hybrid damage with sb and 2h in medium tho, using pierce armor.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well although it's always nice to see a rek it ralph video of players burning other players, I have to say you're video is a little weird. One thing that stood out was the enemy icons above the other alliances heads. I was confused a little bit in the beginning of you vid where the enemy players looked like DC, then I realized the keep was red and you were burning EP players, and confirmed you were DC when you were standing on the flag.

IDK about you but in my game, EP enemy player icons are red and AD are yellow. You should fix that.

That said, yeah I enjoyed the video. Thanks, keep em coming. Always love to see a Ep die good. Don't have to worry about ad, they're always squishy. Prob by design. Thanks zos. Haaa!
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mursie Damage is higher in light armor. Test it yourself. lol I’ve done the damage tests. I have video of it in medium. For dw and 2h, focus on mag damage, light is better. That crit and 4800 pen is often underrated. You can definitely do something towards hybrid damage with sb and 2h in medium tho, using pierce armor.

i don't disagree with you that light armor might be more dmg but i'm going to ironically use your own words against you as to the reason why i would wear medium armor. it's about the healing and utility - not dmg. if you slot vigor and rally, the main things i want to use, then you need that weapon dmg to elevate the tooltips to something meaningful. i think medium will help u push over that 3k spell/weapon dmg threshold into the 4k area to make vigor tooltips and rally really worthwhile.

thoughts?
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @chaz I’m AD.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mursie lmao is light armor in at 4400 weapon and spell damage. That is meaningful. And if you have base 3k, with medium armor that 450 wd/sd gained with 15%. It’s funny because I thought it would be better. And it wasn’t. If you can work in an execute it’ll be worth while. But otherwise meh.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mursie lmao is light armor in at 4400 weapon and spell damage. That is meaningful. And if you have base 3k, with medium armor that 450 wd/sd gained with 15%. It’s funny because I thought it would be better. And it wasn’t. If you can work in an execute it’ll be worth while. But otherwise meh.

wow - 4400 wd in no cp? how in the hell.

unbuffed i'm sitting just above 2k
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    As the magden that usually duo’s with drizz I confirm that the build works! I can sure you that drizz has theory crafted this build 100 times over. The build is unusually tanky and can put out more sustained damage than norm magdk/stamdk builds.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @mursie all weapon damage enchants and mundus with berserker gets you over 4400.
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭

it seems like you have found your original build not as good as your current, and would you mind if you share your new build? as a whole..

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HansProlo I might soon. It struggles to compete with medium armor Stamplars though, especially ones on TK. Struggles against magplars. Also, if your wearing the open world version and not the “duel” version there are some tanks out there you may not be able to kill and have to walk away from.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @HansProlo I made a build video. Not going to edit it, just going to upload it. It'll probably be there tonight.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on January 9, 2019 11:11PM