The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What Stam Healer Sets Should I Use?

MashmalloMan
MashmalloMan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Thinking about making a stam warden dps in to a healer, it was pretty awesome on PTS and the point is to use it in 4 man vet dungeons for fun.

As a stam healer, it's possible to do pretty high dps and healing at the same time, in a meta with 3 dps and 1 tank, it doesn't hurt to be a dedicated healer that can pull 20k dps+. I also like being able to carry in pugs because most of the time our DPS can barely break 10k dps.

With War Machine, I can get about 40-45% uptime using bear or enchanted forest.

With DPS and Healing in mind, here are the choices. Greatly appreciated.

Edit: By dedicated healer I'm referring to still providing Orbs Syngery, HoT (Vigor/Lotus), Burst Heals (Spores) and focus on increasing max group DPS instead of a DD that just slots Vigor. Looks like thats considered an offhealer.

kPw8D6k.png
Edited by MashmalloMan on December 30, 2018 8:55PM
PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit

What Stam Healer Sets Should I Use? 20 votes

Powerful Assault + Vestment of Olorime
35%
ATreeGnomeLarianaNateS4Princess_CiriFlozillaJobooAGSMashmalloMan 7 votes
Powerful Assault + War Machine
50%
hedna123b14_ESOSnowZeniaDracan_FontomDrdeath20TasearPorter_HThorstiennvingarmoKhajiitFelixJoSePHRiNG 10 votes
War Machine + Vestment of Olorime
15%
EpicRekkoningKonstant_Tel_NecrisWildRaptorX 3 votes
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll say my choice seems to lean towards Powerful Assault + Vestment of Olorime.

Powerful assault is kind of a must for me, just over all really useful. Good for healing and dps. Solid set.

Vestment will be a little tankier for healing and give me more flexibilty for ultimates, I could use warhorn for example.

War machine I feel would help the most for group dps instead of Vestment, the healing would be about the same stat wise, while the boost in damage for major slayer and minor slayer would be signifigant. I'd be forced to use bear or enchanted forest, I'd most likely choose bear because it's more reliable. That would mean less uptime on warhorn if I'm relying on tank to use, which is never a guarantee with pugs.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on December 29, 2018 7:30PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say PA and War machine though your effectiveness will be much less than if you went magicka since magicka has better sets available like Olorime which is superior to PA. The reason you should not wear that set as a 50/50 stam healer which is what you said you want, is because it is clearly magicka.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Powerful Assault + War Machine
    Because, even though its not optimal, 1 of your mag damage dealers can wear spell power cure and give everyone major courage with their off heals. Its a second tier set but its still effective
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I would say PA and War machine though your effectiveness will be much less than if you went magicka since magicka has better sets available like Olorime which is superior to PA. The reason you should not wear that set as a 50/50 stam healer which is what you said you want, is because it is clearly magicka.

Sorry, but I already know the arguement that "magicka is more effecient or better for healing". Still making a stam healer and PA and War Machine seems pretty solid for DPS/Group DPS.

So what do you think is more useful to group dps:

You would say 40% uptime on major slayer and personal minor slayer would offer more overall group dps than something like Olorime's 100% uptime + 40% warhorn uptime. (As an example.)

The 258 magicka recovery and minor aegis isn't completely useless. The build would use orbs + a magicka warden skill.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Because, even though its not optimal, 1 of your mag damage dealers can wear spell power cure and give everyone major courage with their off heals. Its a second tier set but its still effective

Good point, not many dps in pugs run supportive sets though. At least with war machine, having overlap from another person doesn't hurt because it would help imensely with major slayer uptime, but overlapping the major courage buff doesn't really work because it's usually close to 100% uptime anyway.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I used to run a Stamina Sorcerer for that purpose. Here is my setup for it. 1 Kena + 1 Velidreth + 5 Hundings (2 daggers, Nirn/Infused) + 5 Vicious Ophidian + vMA Bow. Warrior Mundus and bi-stat food. This setup will let you reach insane Weapon Damage numbers, allowing you to deal decent damage while healing for a ton with decent sustain. Remember to pick Echoing Vigour for better radius and make a rotation to keep it up. Here is what I've used:

Endless Hail > LA > Razor Caltrops > LA > Poison Injection > LA > Rearming Trap > Swap
    HA > Echoing Vigour > HA > Shrouded Daggers (swap to Rending Slashes for single target) > HA > Deadly Cloak > HA > Hurricane > HA > Echoing Vigour > Swap

This rotation would let me reach 90%+ uptime on Vigour and reach 50k ST on stable bosses. This was back before Off Balance got nerfed though. Still, I think it will serve the purpose quite well. Question is that if you want to run those support sets or not. You'll be buffing only 3 players instead of buffing your own DPS. Especially Olorime can reduce your DPS by quite a lot. I guess you could swap one of the sets with Powerful Assault, preferably Hundings.

I hope this helps, good luck ^^
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    I used to run a Stamina Sorcerer for that purpose. Here is my setup for it. 1 Kena + 1 Velidreth + 5 Hundings (2 daggers, Nirn/Infused) + 5 Vicious Ophidian + vMA Bow. Warrior Mundus and bi-stat food. This setup will let you reach insane Weapon Damage numbers, allowing you to deal decent damage while healing for a ton with decent sustain. Remember to pick Echoing Vigour for better radius and make a rotation to keep it up. Here is what I've used:

Endless Hail > LA > Razor Caltrops > LA > Poison Injection > LA > Rearming Trap > Swap
    HA > Echoing Vigour > HA > Shrouded Daggers (swap to Rending Slashes for single target) > HA > Deadly Cloak > HA > Hurricane > HA > Echoing Vigour > Swap

This rotation would let me reach 90%+ uptime on Vigour and reach 50k ST on stable bosses. This was back before Off Balance got nerfed though. Still, I think it will serve the purpose quite well. Question is that if you want to run those support sets or not. You'll be buffing only 3 players instead of buffing your own DPS. Especially Olorime can reduce your DPS by quite a lot. I guess you could swap one of the sets with Powerful Assault, preferably Hundings.

I hope this helps, good luck ^^

That's pretty much what I'm going with, but stam warden and a bit more supportive skills. I still want to provide orbs and have a burst heal like soothing spores, passive healing from lotus flower, etc.

Hmm yeah thanks for the post, I guess I could just do 1 of the sets too. Pugs are luck of the draw, if I use 2 support sets I might be buffing someone who will barely see a benefit from the set while hurting myself. That being said, these set's don't sacrifice THAT much self dps to provide group dps. Hard to decide.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As a stam healer, it's possible to do pretty high dps and healing at the same time, in a meta with 3 dps and 1 tank, it doesn't hurt to be a dedicated healer that can pull 20k dps+.

Not a huge issue or problem, but you're really not using the term "dedicated healer" correctly.

A "dedicated healer" is a character who's sole focus is healing ... with no side focus on DPS. This type of character generally pulls 10k DPS or less.

An "off-healer" is a character with a primary focus on heals ... and secondary focus on DPS. This type of character generally pulls 10k DPS or more on top of primary heals.

For example, I healed a Vet Cradle of Shadows timed no-death run earlier today with a regular 4-person group. My DPS added to the group was never over 9-10k during the entire run. We cleared both achievements.

Hope you learned something today.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 29, 2018 10:43PM
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    If you r going for a competitive setup none of these are good but if your wanting a pure stamina healer run Powerful assault with Hiricenes its a good setup for a true stamina healer but for a hybrid I would say powerful assault and olorime.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but I already know the arguement that "magicka is more effecient or better for healing". Still making a stam healer and PA and War Machine seems pretty solid for DPS/Group DPS.

You would say 40% uptime on major slayer and personal minor slayer would offer more overall group dps than something like Olorime's 100% uptime + 40% warhorn uptime. (As an example.)

The 258 magicka recovery and minor aegis isn't completely useless. The build would use orbs + a magicka warden skill.

ofc, all my comments are based on the content having some challenge. In reality I understand you are merely looking at 4 man dungeons based on the OP and few offer a real challenge with heals so it really does not matter.

First, based on that last sentence you are not building a stam 50/50 healer. You are building a hybrid 50/50 healer. ofc, that makes it less effective for both healing and damage output leading to the comments in the OP that "it's possible to do pretty high dps and healing at the same time" less accurate.

Second, If going for a stronger 50/50 it would have to be pure stam. So the uptime you mention,, it would be challenging for you to give a 40% uptime of both major slayer and WH. Granted, the combination of major slayer and the first 9 seconds of WH are great but I do not think a warden can provide 40% uptime of slayer while using WH as the ult.

I am not trying to discourage you. Just suggesting you go for pure stam. While the uptime of slayer will be less than 40% it would still be nice.
    Edited by idk on December 30, 2018 12:27AM
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

ofc, all my comments are based on the content having some challenge. In reality I understand you are merely looking at 4 man dungeons based on the OP and few offer a real challenge with heals so it really does not matter.

First, based on that last sentence you are not building a stam 50/50 healer. You are building a hybrid 50/50 healer. ofc, that makes it less effective for both healing and damage output leading to the comments in the OP that "it's possible to do pretty high dps and healing at the same time" less accurate.

I'd probably stray away from vet dungeons until I was confident I could do them later on. My main concern at first would be providing constant heals (vigor/lotus/spores), orbs (sustain via synergy) and increasing our total group dps. So it's walking the line of when to buff myself or others to achieve highest possible group dps while still providing those healing skills above. I don't just want to dps and slot vigor although I probably could given the difficulty.
    Second, If going for a stronger 50/50 it would have to be pure stam. So the uptime you mention,, it would be challenging for you to give a 40% uptime of both major slayer and WH. Granted, the combination of major slayer and the first 9 seconds of WH are great but I do not think a warden can provide 40% uptime of slayer while using WH as the ult.

I was comparing how with War Machine I'd be using a cheap ultimate like bear/tree to get high major slayer uptime meaning no WH vs olorime where I could be more flexible and provide warhorns. Doesn't seem like it would be that great to use WH + WM set.

The difference in the 2 sets stat wise doesn't seem huge to me like you say. War Machine gives 1096 sta and 129 wp dmg while Olorime gives 258 wpd dmg (also for the group). My heals would be slightly better because of wp dmg. I'd lose out on minor slayer, but gain 258 mag recov. Major slayer uptime seems to be about the same as WH at around 40% on paper, which is stronger? I'm not sure in practice.

Using orbs doesn't make it a hybrid, it costs magicka, but I still want to provide the synergy to the group for sustain and if I go with WM, I feel like I may need 1 or 2 glyghs on jewelry for mag recovery anyway.
    I am not trying to discourage you. Just suggesting you go for pure stam. While the uptime of slayer will be less than 40% it would still be nice.

To be honest, leaning a bit towards War Machine only because of minor slayer and having more fun with cheap ultimates, but to say olormine wouldn't be a good set in comparison to War Machine, I'd dissagree, theres some positives, at least for what I'd want to do with it.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As a stam healer, it's possible to do pretty high dps and healing at the same time, in a meta with 3 dps and 1 tank, it doesn't hurt to be a dedicated healer that can pull 20k dps+.

Not a huge issue or problem, but you're really not using the term "dedicated healer" correctly.

A "dedicated healer" is a character who's sole focus is healing ... with no side focus on DPS. This type of character generally pulls 10k DPS or less.

An "off-healer" is a character with a primary focus on heals ... and secondary focus on DPS. This type of character generally pulls 10k DPS or more on top of primary heals.

For example, I healed a Vet Cradle of Shadows timed no-death run earlier today with a regular 4-person group. My DPS added to the group was never over 9-10k during the entire run. We cleared both achievements.

Hope you learned something today.

Fair enough, edited OP. I just don't want to be a "Fake" healer as some say. I still want to fulfill the major points (at least the ones necessary for group pug vet dungeons ).
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My stam redguard healer was running

War Machine
    Dead-Water’s Guile
    Earthgore

Ultimate regen build

I've tested few Vtrial and DLC HM with this toon , well ... after that I play back my mag temp healer XD , he is much powerful lol

• ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaking as someone why has tried and used a standen healer for content up to and including the vet craglorn trials, you need magicka regen if you plan on using orbs. So I suggest Olo for sure. I also ran a Asylum resto on my back bar for combat prayer and to reduce the cost of orbs, but that's probably not worth it for 4 man content. Of the other 2, I found that I liked PA better because I wanted to run warhorn for my ultimate and the health bonus let me run dubious without survivability issues. If you want to run bear or trees as your primary ult though I would do WM, you just might want a health enchant on something.