The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What should be goal of dps to reach to be average DPS?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
How much dps do you think a person needs to complete content with normal standards.

Not taking to long to finish fights
Not be over burdened by mechics
Etc
Edited by Tasear on December 29, 2018 2:32PM
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think for most veteran base-game content, mainly the vet craglorn trials, 25k is a good start for either stam or mag. Getting proper gear with good traits and practicing your rotation are key. You don’t have to be max CP to pull decent numbers.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect my DDs in normal dungeons to be doing roughly 10 to 15k DPS. That seems to he par for the course in Groupfinder PUGs and we rarely have problems with that.

In vet, 15k DPS will make for a rather slow but doable run. I know from personal experience that Vet COA 2 is doable with that, but its a long drawn out and painful slog. So, I'd recommend higher DPS than that, eapecially for vet DLCs.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect my DDs in normal dungeons to be doing roughly 10 to 15k DPS. That seems to he par for the course in Groupfinder PUGs and we rarely have problems with that.

In vet, 15k DPS will make for a rather slow but doable run. I know from personal experience that Vet COA 2 is doable with that, but its a long drawn out and painful slog. So, I'd recommend higher DPS than that, eapecially for vet DLCs.

What do you think is most tolerant DPS is at? We often here people being kicked for low dps so that would question is 15k DPS standard enough to do content at reasonable rate? What should be average between ceiling and floor for dps?
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    25K.

Not good enough for the hardest content but its fine for everything else.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it depends. In a 4 man group are you expecting 4 people to be hitting that threshold? Are you expecting 1 to tank and 1 to heal and 2 to dps? Are you expecting a tank and 3 dps? The better question may be how much dps does the group need to make it feel right, and how do you go about factoring in self healing and being healed by a dedicated healer to push the group roll make up to be what is desired. I am assuming tank, dps, dps, healer is desired.

Then again, maybe you are not wanting to go that deep into it. Not sure if your question is driven toward ways to change the game to improve the experience, or to just see at this point in time what it takes to make people enjoy the pace of dungeon crawling. Even in the latter case if someone says 25k is that assuming 100k for the group or 50k for the dps and 25-30k for the tank/heal? Is that what you mean by normal standards 1 tank 1 healer 2 dps?
    Edited by Ranger209 on December 29, 2018 2:46PM
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »
    I think it depends. In a 4 man group are you expecting 4 people to be hitting that threshold? Are you expecting 1 to tank and 1 to heal and 2 to dps? Are you expecting a tank and 3 dps? The better question may be how much dps does the group need to make it feel right, and how do you go about factoring in self healing and being healed by a dedicated healer to push the group roll make up to be what is desired. I am assuming tank, dps, dps, healer is desired.

Then again, maybe you are not wanting to go that deep into it. Not sure if your question is driven toward ways to change the game to improve the experience, or to just see at this point in time what it takes to make people enjoy the pace of dungeon crawling. Even in the latter case if someone says 25k is that assuming 100k for the group or 50k for the dps and 25-30k for the tank/heal?

Yeah my apologies it was a bit too open ended. My question is what is flooring for dps you won't kick from a group?

What should be goal of dps to reach to be average DPS?
    Edited by Tasear on December 29, 2018 2:31PM
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From my experience...

For most vet dungeons 10 k per DD will get you through them if you follow mechanics.

20 k per DD and they get a lot easier. You can also do Vet Craglorn trials (non-HM).

30 k per DD and most 4 person dungeons get trivial, also you can get yourself on a trial progression run.

35 k and up, you can do everything.
    Playing since beta...
  • grizzly375
    grizzly375
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if there needs to be a floor, but, FFS, my son and I ran Normal Cradle yesterday with two pugs (a Magden and something else). My son is a healing build sorc who ran as "fake tank", I was on a healing build magplar. Throughout the instance, we were consistently pulling over 50% of the DPS, and neither of us even kissed 10K DPS (he was running taunts and off heals the whole time, I spent most of the instance trying to keep the two "DPS" PUGs alive).

If you're over CP, and you're not CONSISTENTLY pulling over 10K DPS, PLEASE DON'T sign up as fake DPS. If you don't have a taunt or two and decent HP, PLEASE DON'T sign up as fake tank.
  • Dracan_Fontom
    Dracan_Fontom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, i think 30k is more than adequate for most if not, the entire game. Considering the amount of buffs in the game, especially when at least 2/3 of them come from healers and tanks, it seems like overkill to aim for anything higher. I have one toon that made it to 35k dps and I'm happy that I was able to get it that high but with the meta constantly changing, I don't really want to farm anymore. Just want to enjoy content.
    Edited by Dracan_Fontom on December 29, 2018 8:52PM
  • Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    25k can clear most vet content if you want to do it faster then anything above that is good. What most do not realize is most content in the game when it comes to dungeons is base game dungeons that is path one dungeons all enemies have the same resistances and hp, bosses have different degrees of HP and path 2 and most DLC dungeons share the same hp and resistances and trials do the same so reaching to some super high standard of meta is not required but reaching to become better is a given in most cases.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A DPS, Tank and Healer in this game are responsible for doing absolutely nothing because ZOS hasn't even bothered to arm them with enough information to do anything.

The in-game information and tutorials should be in depth enough to lead you to hit 20k reliably. Funnily enough they don't even exist. I have yet to see a single ESO video, or written piece of work provided by ZOS that displays what their three roles are even supposed to actually look like.

This game wasn't built to be a rotation based DPS/Buff/Debuff system, but has become one over time because of the WOW kiddies upset that ESO isn't WOW2 and the devs capitulating. The game has stepped far away from intelligent combat to button mashing performance which is actually affected by latency and overall computer specifications. Add in the fact they have made little other changes other than a memeworthy tutorial system you can't expect the average DPS in this game to be anything other than light attack spam.
    Edited by usmcjdking on December 29, 2018 9:36PM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering that most gear is easly farmed and rotations easly learned. 40k... And of course, I am not talking about normal runs but veteran runs.

The powercreep is real, so anyone at 20k dps in vet content is dragging the rest down.

And saying 40k in a grp setting is low. As the elitists get 50-80k in same situation.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Oathunbound
    Oathunbound
    ✭✭✭
    20-25k DPS is good enough to get through most content with minimal fuss. Anything more is just gravy.(speaking from pug dungeons point of view)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    My question is what is flooring for dps you won't kick from a group?
    What group? If it's a pug, who cares what anyone's dps is ...

I always go into a pug with the assumption i have to carry the whole group, so i usually end up being pleasantly surprised and at worst i got what i expected.

There's plenty of different content in this game with different dps thresholds. You did not specify what content you are asking for.

Trials? Dungeons? MA? Overland? Vet or Normal? Solo, Pug or Organized?

There is no one single correct answer ...
    shades.gif
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than my healer or tank is doing
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Tasear wrote: »
    My question is what is flooring for dps you won't kick from a group?
    What group? If it's a pug, who cares what anyone's dps is ...

I always go into a pug with the assumption i have to carry the whole group, so i usually end up being pleasantly surprised and at worst i got what i expected.

There's plenty of different content in this game with different dps thresholds. You did not specify what content you are asking for.

Trials? Dungeons? MA? Overland? Vet or Normal? Solo, Pug or Organized?

There is no one single correct answer ...
    shades.gif

It was a generalized question on purpose this time. Wondering how our community currently feels about dps requirements.
    Edited by Tasear on December 30, 2018 3:36AM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obviously if you dont do 500,000,000,000 dps you're a scrub. anyone can do 90% of that with white non set gear! its so easy! B)
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Thorstienn
    Thorstienn
    ✭✭✭
    I do a lot of PuG runs so I know on average it is actually around 10k or less. I think the goal should be 20k, that allows your "average" DPS to get through all but thenhardest content (without a bit of a carry).
    Regarding the floor/ceiling idea, I've mentioned it before; I think the design of the game that has lead to the size of the gap, is some of the worst aspects of this game. Bit I won't go into that again, as people on the forums get very heated if you mention the idea of taking away some of there DPS.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dungeons often require far less dps than people think. I randomed into a vet banished cells 2 group in which the tank had bailed. I soon found out why. Using my stop watch to time us on the last 2.7 million health of the giant daedroth, our total group DPS was between 21-22k. Total GROUP. Many will act like you can’t DD a vet dungeon until you as an individual do that. I thought we had no chance but sure enough, we kept the daedroths from overwhelming us and beat the dungeon.

I’m not saying that low of dps was fun. My point is that we drastically overestimate what damage is needed for content.
  • Shadow-Fighter
    Shadow-Fighter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It shouldnt depend only on dps!
    The priority should be a group strategy.

You know penetration was nerfed to the ground, the last one base 100 was removed. Weapon/Critical too

Example:
    If both dd's have the minimum requirements of e.g. 18k penetration and 5k weapon damage, it should be doable.
    Tanks passives should add some buff to the group, also healer passives add some good regeneration to the group.

If one of the requirements not match, e.g. no healers = no regen, it should be very hard.

Conclusion, the guy who do normally 5-15k dps could build up something, that match the requirements of the group. It would be a "value" to the person who not doing good dps.

Also, more information about a group/dungeon/boss should come from the API (eg. Elementary, magical, poison damage)
    to compensate poison damage to build up diversity.
    Edited by Shadow-Fighter on December 30, 2018 2:42PM
    Natch Potes is like a box of chocolates - you never know what you're gonna get
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20k is the sweet spot if all dps can maintain around 20k during a fight your probably ok
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    More than my tank, which is super rare for some weird reason.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your dps depends on your current goals.

Want to do overland quests? 5k is fine.
    Want to do normal dungeons? 10k is a good first goal, but higher is better
    Veteran dungeons? 20k or more.
    DLC veteran dungeons? 25k+ would be nice, but you can get by with less.
    Vet trials? 30k+ would be ideal, but it varies depending on the fight.

Above all else, try to stay alive. All the dps in the world means jack if you're dead. Focus on staying alive as a priority. It's not all on the healer. You need situational awareness and a defensive toolkit appropriate to the content.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember pre clockwork city when 30k was a solid end game dps and somewhat of a big deal. So it confuses me when people need 45k for content released before cwc.

20k group is plenty for the easy vet dungeons. When I get too tanky that's about what I pull and still solo the easy vet in a reasonable amount of time. 12k group is plenty for nfg1.

Also, mechanics aren't a burden, they are everything. They are the only difference between a target dummy and an actual fight. Skipping mechanics is really just turning the good stuff into more faceroll fetch missions. Might as well just quest.

The problem here is that people are doing content they don't want to. The real question is "How much dps do I need to satisfy people who want the drops and not the content." So yeah, suddenly it's 80k group min in vCoH for the helmet for someones 14th alt. Can't craft without a helmet!
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your dps depends on your current goals.

Want to do overland quests? 5k is fine.
    Want to do normal dungeons? 10k is a good first goal, but higher is better
    Veteran dungeons? 20k or more.
    DLC veteran dungeons? 25k+ would be nice, but you can get by with less.
    Vet trials? 30k+ would be ideal, but it varies depending on the fight.

Above all else, try to stay alive. All the dps in the world means jack if you're dead. Focus on staying alive as a priority. It's not all on the healer. You need situational awareness and a defensive toolkit appropriate to the content.

Yep %100
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    The problem is people want to rush and skip everything. I pugged nMOL where the crown was getting annoyed that the group didn't have enough DPS to skip backyard. If people would actually take the time to do mechanics there wouldn't be such an emphasis on DPS
    vFG1 HM
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    A DPS, Tank and Healer in this game are responsible for doing absolutely nothing because ZOS hasn't even bothered to arm them with enough information to do anything.

The in-game information and tutorials should be in depth enough to lead you to hit 20k reliably. Funnily enough they don't even exist. I have yet to see a single ESO video, or written piece of work provided by ZOS that displays what their three roles are even supposed to actually look like.

This game wasn't built to be a rotation based DPS/Buff/Debuff system, but has become one over time because of the WOW kiddies upset that ESO isn't WOW2 and the devs capitulating. The game has stepped far away from intelligent combat to button mashing performance which is actually affected by latency and overall computer specifications. Add in the fact they have made little other changes other than a memeworthy tutorial system you can't expect the average DPS in this game to be anything other than light attack spam.

this. it's crazy that you need to YouTube how to play this game in order to do any hard content.
    vFG1 HM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nowadays 35k+ in a decent setup, you dont need to be a god at the game to reach those numbers, just the average joe gamer.
  • Lifemocker
    Lifemocker
    ✭✭✭
    If you have good gear and put some work in a rotation, 35k should be pretty easy to hit. That will get you through any vet trial or dungeon.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normal play - Anything
    Normal dungeons - Anything
    Vet dungeons/normal trials - 10-20k
    Vet trials 20-30k
    Vet hm trials 30-40k

That's all you 'need' anything more just makes it easier.
    Edited by Sparr0w on December 31, 2018 1:04PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS