The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Mount speed bug

relentlessyouthofficialneb18_ESO
There seems to be an annoying bug where every time you make a new character you need to spend 60 days logging in and getting your mount to max speed again.
No but for real..I'm sure this has been said many times but here's once more. Make. Mount. Speed. Bound. To. Account. Not. Character.

Cheers
  • jrgray93
    jrgray93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are other things I'd rather see be account bound. Mounts never bothered me. Skyshards do though.
    EP: Slania Isara : Harambe Was an Inside Job
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All mount stats and skyshards i'd be more than happy with.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Forget it. If mount speed was bound to account, they couldn't take advantage of people like me who get so annoyed at riding a snail on Valium they immediately buy crowns for purchasing riding lessons. :/
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    It didn't bug for me man lol. It was fine lol.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There seems to be an annoying bug where every time you make a new character you need to spend 60 days logging in and getting your mount to max speed again.
    No but for real..I'm sure this has been said many times but here's once more. Make. Mount. Speed. Bound. To. Account. Not. Character.

Cheers

It's annoying but not end of the world. Motifs for me are.
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    never gonna happen. ZOS makes money off of riding skill lessons from the crown store
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    never gonna happen. ZOS makes money off of riding skill lessons from the crown store

True. Believe me man we made money off all of it lol
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hell.

When someone sprints past you faster than your mount gallops it crosses the line from ridiculous to absurd. Yet I still refuse to buy scrolls.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hoolielulu wrote: »
    It's hell.

When someone sprints past you faster than your mount gallops it crosses the line from ridiculous to absurd. Yet I still refuse to buy scrolls.

I bought a few.... wait what? No? No!
  • Hoolielulu
    Hoolielulu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »
    It's hell.

Just think, I'd be less disgruntled if I wasn't so stubborn about this issue. :D
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO_GOD wrote: »
    It's hell.

Just think, I'd be less disgruntled if I wasn't so stubborn about this issue. :D

Yet your disgruntlement is warranted. No penalty for disgruntlement! Justice lol
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At least you can buy the riding lessons for gold.
  • relentlessyouthofficialneb18_ESO
    It's honestly the thing that keeps me from creating new toons the most and I know I'm not the only one.. spending hundreds of hours in the game and then trying a new class with the speed of a snail is just no fun. Did it twice to the max but now its just too annoying. not to mention jumping to cyrodill on a new char and being miles behind your group just cause your mount is too slow. :)
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well you could speed up the process just depends on how much your willing to spend vs the time. I mean I'm sure you can find a crown seller to send you the crown upgrades for your gold. I'd you do it that way you can have your lvl3 character speeding along before you even finish the tutorial quest.
    I have no problem paying for some things but you do realize that to get your mount to max speed you have to spend like 32eur on crowns (for 0-60). You can buy the entire game like 4 times when its on sale for the same amount of money..
    I'd say *** it if it was 5 euros or something for the entire thing. BUT ITS AT LEAST 10 EUROS FOR *** 10% SPEED BOOST SRSLY
    Edited by relentlessyouthofficialneb18_ESO on December 29, 2018 12:00AM
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just ask for a big "I win" button. This is not an issue, each character should be separate like this.
    Skwor wrote: »
    Why not just ask for a big "I win" button. This is not an issue, each character should be separate like this.

Oh please it's not like I'm asking for a max level boost or something. I'm simply pointing out something that was made this way only for the sake of grabbing you by the wallet due to the frustration they knew it will cause. It has nothing to do with "winning". 1% a day for every char is *** and deep down we all know it.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. This doesn't even bother me at all. It's just something I do in the middle of crafting writs. I don't care how long it takes. And I don't care when others can run faster.

I don't buy stuff like scrolls for this. I get some free, that's cool. Otherwise, I spend gold for it on 15 girls every day. It's no big deal really.
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skyshards and alliance rank should be account bound, but that's just me
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cheers
    Stop QQ. Do it as every other player did it before you even started to play. 🤨

Beside. HOW ABOUT NO TO ACCOUNT BOUND
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t mind it being per character, but 250g for a measly 1% speed increase??? :unamused: To think I was expecting a 10% increase and instead the change is imperceptible. And time-gated too, just in case I wanted to spend all my gold for nothing. I’m sure the price for each imperceptible boost would cost increasingly more too. It’s really too much IMO.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on July 19, 2019 6:28PM
  • FoulSnowpaw
    FoulSnowpaw
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS put lessons in crown store to make money off such timers per character so I doubt they'll remove their income for convenience of disposable players.

I agree that mount upgrades need to be accountwide because it's such a chore just like leveling alliance war skill line just to get caltrops for viable stamina dps.

At the very least reduce the amount of upgrades from 60 to 40 or something. If a horse runs slower than a player can sprint there's something wrong...
  • rwfairchildpub19_ESO
    See, just make a character 6 months before you want to play it. Lol.

At least all mounts on the same character share training now.
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just spend 500$ to exp mount and buy some skyshards. Don't be so greedy, developers starving
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I generally create a new character to start from scratch. I personally think only cosmetics should be account wide. I don't even like the CP going over characters.

Currently I have a character (my only one after starting again after a long break) around level 40, but when he hits 50 there're a few hundred CP points hanging over from the last character I had, so he'll immediately be at CP160 but with no way to make the required gear as his crafting isn't high enough, not without some kind of power grinding, and I'd rather play casually.

Having all the sky shards and motifs etc right at the start would just make the game not worth playing at all.

Unless, and I've asked this and been shot down about CP, it's completely optional.
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See, just make a character 6 months before you want to play it. Lol.

At least all mounts on the same character share training now.

Which is pretty sad but that's indeed what I do when I want to make a new character. I just create it and let it rest for months till the riding skills are decent enough. If this how they want us to play their game, this is pathetic.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS put lessons in crown store to make money off such timers per character so I doubt they'll remove their income for convenience of disposable players.

I agree that mount upgrades need to be accountwide because it's such a chore just like leveling alliance war skill line just to get caltrops for viable stamina dps.

At the very least reduce the amount of upgrades from 60 to 40 or something. If a horse runs slower than a player can sprint there's something wrong...

I see. It’s supposed to feel dreadful so that I’ll buy lessons from the crown store? I am perfectly fine with extra cosmetics being available that way and already bought several. Gimping the F2P so that you sub, okay, that’s how most MMO’s do it. But this just rubs me the wrong way. I feel that a sub should include better ways to improve riding skills. So I’ll just go on foot and use wayshrines and won’t be buying mounts from the crown store.

In GW2, the mounts are freakin’ awesome and are gained in game (some have game currency costs) and all their abilities are unlocked by play and across the account. What’s available from their cash shop is purely cosmetic and I’ve spent over $100 on mount skins that I like.

My point being, make a feature cool and I’ll pay to customize it. Make a feature gimped that I’d have to pay to fix and I won’t bother with it at all. Maybe I’m in the minority here and ZOS has determined the current system is most profitable. Just giving my thoughts on the matter.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they just got rid of PvP, it wouldn't be an issue.
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was pleased to see that I could use my spare crown gems to purchase riding lessons and I could save my crowns for other things.
  • Slayer62
    Slayer62
    ✭✭
    its fine now