The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ravager VS Fury Stamplar

Stormshadowonesixty
I have a question
I fought this one dude today and he was using snb and 2h with heavy fury and hulking jewelry
I have a stamplar that has ravager heavy with hulking jewelry with DW and 2h
the dude absolutely stomped me
is fury better when you have snb rather than DW?
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fury at full stacks gives 750 weapon damage versus Ravager's 630. Not that big of a difference, and he most likely didn't have full stacks if it was a 1v1 fight.

You probably just got outplayed. :P
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those set's may have similar final value but they are pretty different in playstyle.

Fury is a tank and spank set. To utilize it effectively you turtle up for a bit and then turn around and go for your burst combo spiced up with an ulti. This is why s&b is pretty logical choice for Fury builds.

On the other hand Ravager procs on dealing damage. So to keep your ravager up you have to stay on the offensive especially since the proc chance is pretty low. And you need a lot of melee damage in your build to reliably proc it. I would say that Ravager is more difficult to use effectively

But yeah, most likely you got outplayed by a better player.
  • Stormshadowonesixty
    I mean that couldve been the case but he was also doing massive damage to me with jabs and I wasn't
    Would weapon ench have anything to do with that? The guy just said that ravager is scrub play for stamplars and fury is the way to go because of the stamina pool
    he probably has all infused jewelry as well
    I used to murk people with this build but it's just not cutting it anymore
  • Stormshadowonesixty
    Royaji wrote: »
    Those set's may have similar final value but they are pretty different in playstyle.

Fury is a tank and spank set. To utilize it effectively you turtle up for a bit and then turn around and go for your burst combo spiced up with an ulti. This is why s&b is pretty logical choice for Fury builds.

On the other hand Ravager procs on dealing damage. So to keep your ravager up you have to stay on the offensive especially since the proc chance is pretty low. And you need a lot of melee damage in your build to reliably proc it. I would say that Ravager is more difficult to use effectively

I can see why since offensive players are not really better than tank and spanks playstyles
    it's the same with my DK against other dks
    I just found my answer thank you guys
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see why since offensive players are not really better than tank and spanks playstyles

The counter to tank and spank builds is moderation.

If you slow down they lose the fury damage and you maintain resources (so you can counter their burst)

If you don't over extend they shouldn't be able to kill you
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Stormshadowonesixty

If you slow down they lose the fury damage and you maintain resources (so you can counter their burst)

How do I differentiate between the sets
    how would I know if someone is using fury or revager or 7th?
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in 1v1 duel u can see their buffs, so u can see what set he is using if he uses one that gives a buff.

ravager is for dps, fury is for tank. Fury can have its power 100% uptime in a continuous fight, while ravager is a proc and isn't 100% uptime even if on paper is possible.

maybe he was tankier than u so that's why u didn't deal the same damage as him. U hold DW up more often than him, and he holding SB more of the time has his defenses up more of the time
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He probably defiled you, you had dots on him which kept his fury alive, and got outplayed. You can still crit if he's blocking.

Ravager is by far quicker to get max dmg and easier to maintain on stamplar.

Fyi, a jab weave with a burning light and glyph proc can get him up to 7 chances to proc 25 dmg, so best case 175 wpn dmg, probably more like 75 or 100. Conversely, that same instance has about a 45% chance to grant you 645 wpn dmg.
  • Stormshadowonesixty
    Sergykid wrote: »
    in 1v1 duel u can see their buffs, so u can see what set he is using if he uses one that gives a buff.

ravager is for dps, fury is for tank. Fury can have its power 100% uptime in a continuous fight, while ravager is a proc and isn't 100% uptime even if on paper is possible.

maybe he was tankier than u so that's why u didn't deal the same damage as him. U hold DW up more often than him, and he holding SB more of the time has his defenses up more of the time

so should I be sticking to my DW ravager axes
    or should I drop one of the axes for a dagger or a sword?
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭

You just have to pay attention.
    7th - opponents hands begin to glow orange when taking damage
    Ravager - opponents hands begin to glow orange while dealing damage
    Fury - really takes a bit of attention but you notice that your opponent hits harder and heals stronger the longer the fight persist. Back off momentarily and watch for a difference to confirm.
    Edited by Lichbourne90 on December 29, 2018 1:20AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The above poster is correct.

Also, a fury type build will maintain close proximity to you but will be not be using many attacks (there are some to build ult, maintain buffs/debuffs etc - so they feel aggressive without attacking first.)

So if you're fighting, not doing much damage at all, slow down and look for clues, try and maintain space to get information
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 29, 2018 2:01AM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Stormshadowonesixty
    Yeah my playstyle is of dueling caliber
    so I'm your average brawler that just happens to be really good with 1v1 fight and even 1vX but i'm just another zergling when it comes to zerg fights

so that info will help me actually

People don't see how I can open nworld pvp with dueling builds but I've made them work and played with them for so long that I am able to survive in cyro and I'm an absolute monster in BG's on my DK only though

But I'm not used to bursty play like a stamplar I'm used to sustain play with the DK
    Seems like I have to be a little more careful and plan my attacks and roto accordingly with each situation
    I don't even know how to cleanse properly yet lol i think I over cleanse sometimes or I cleanse too late

What is a good rule of thumb for cleansing?
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah my playstyle is of dueling caliber
    so I'm your average brawler that just happens to be really good with 1v1 fight and even 1vX but i'm just another zergling when it comes to zerg fights

so that info will help me actually

People don't see how I can open nworld pvp with dueling builds but I've made them work and played with them for so long that I am able to survive in cyro and I'm an absolute monster in BG's on my DK only though

But I'm not used to bursty play like a stamplar I'm used to sustain play with the DK
    Seems like I have to be a little more careful and plan my attacks and roto accordingly with each situation
    I don't even know how to cleanse properly yet lol i think I over cleanse sometimes or I cleanse too late

What is a good rule of thumb for cleansing?

Cleanse if you can't out heal the damage or can break a combo coming up. You should know based on the debuffs listed lf you need to or not.
  • Lichbourne90
    Lichbourne90
    ✭✭✭
    Also keep in mind if you wear fury then cleanse becomes your enemy as well. It's a push pull honestly. I actually prefer to play my stamplar with a medium build using bone pirate, pariah, blood spawn and fight with a "sustain and burst" playstyle. Basically kite and survive till u can combo a power of the light, dawnbreaker, and jabs to finish. The stats dont look impressive on that build but itll kill most players...
    Edited by Lichbourne90 on December 29, 2018 5:34AM
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you got stomped 1v1, it more than likely had nothing to do with the sets you or the other person were wearing. And no fury is not better than ravager for a stamplar, even less for a 1v1.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is all in theory but lets say you both are on the same skill level, he had major defile from reverb while you being DW don't, he maybe had a lot of points into befoul CP and maybe he was using minor defile poisons as well, that's around 60% of your healing done lost which is a killer, he might have been using lingering/major vital pots which made him tanky AF making it seem like you're not dealing damage to him, and plus all of this you having lots of bleeds probably gave him a high fury uptime, so yeah if all that is the case, you stand no chance.
    Edited by Trancestor on December 29, 2018 7:56AM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »

so should I be sticking to my DW ravager axes
    or should I drop one of the axes for a dagger or a sword?

doesn't matter any are good. Thing is to not dump your burst into his shield, wait until he swaps it off and play defensively because u're squishier while DW bar is active. Simply wearing the shield grants you more resistances, from the shield itself and CP.
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean that couldve been the case but he was also doing massive damage to me with jabs and I wasn't
    Would weapon ench have anything to do with that? The guy just said that ravager is scrub play for stamplars and fury is the way to go because of the stamina pool
    he probably has all infused jewelry as well
    I used to murk people with this build but it's just not cutting it anymore
    SnB is the standard issue duel cheese. He probably used reverb bash to get a high defile uptime with befoul cp + the broken cc animation. In a duel between 2 roughly equally skilled players, the one using defile will take the win most of the time. That is just the sad state of the game at the moment in cp. Players are just retardedly tanky because of cp, so people draw on SnB defile and bleeds cheese to win 1v1.