Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagDK - Please assist with my DPS/Build. (Link inside)

Riviawolf
Riviawolf
Hey there!

https://en.uesp.net/w/index.php?title=Special:EsoBuildEditor&id=105842

This is my build/stats currently.

I am also CP205 currently. All of the info is in the link above. Gear/enchants/traits, etc.

I play on Xbox, not that it fully matters.

I just made this toon, and getting used to MagDK. Right now with the setup, I'm hitting about 10K DPS Parse on a Target Skeleton. I feel like even though this is a beginners Alcast build/setup.. I should be hitting harder. I am missing "Inner Light" but working on Mages Guild as we speak.

Keep in mind I do not have all passives yet, etc. Those are listed in the link above.

I am learning to Light Attack Weave between abilities as well.

Alcast Build (Gear Setup 3): https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-dragonknight-build-pve/#content4

Thanks!
Edited by Riviawolf on December 27, 2018 12:58AM
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bars look like this:

1) Engulfing flames, burning embers, whip, ele drain/symmetry, inner light, meteor/fiery rage

2) eruption, flames of obliv, trap, blockade, harness mag/inner light, Standard of might

Rotation can ne a bit dynamic but you can get by with static just fine. Involves just keep up all your dots (every skill bar whip) amd weave whip until you have to recast your dots. Work out for yourself how it comes together.

For gear, yes your sets are beginners. Bit that is fine. You can def do more dps in that gear. I recommend getting valkyn skoria asap. Coa2 isnt that hard. Just grab some guildies and crack on. Alternatively grothdar from vaults of madness is an excellent choice for a magedk.

Passives are very important to your damsge. Its hard to give advice eithout knowing what you have but i would initially suggest your race passives for dunmer and light armor passives (except for sprint cost reduction one).And then any cost reduction passives in class and weapon skill lines. Then cap passives for all skill lines you are using.

Alcasthq.com guide is pretty solid in regards to cp, skills, rotation etc. If you follow that you should def be hitting more than 10k. How is your light weaving aswel?

• Joxer61
    Joxer61
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • md3788
    md3788
    ✭✭✭
    I recommend starting with Burning Spellweave and Julianos. Then Grothdarr helm and shoulders. These three sets are super easy to obtain and they are very powerful. This will be a great starting point for a MagDK and I still run it at times on mine. You can have any combination of BSW/Julianos as long as you have both 5 pieces active, but you will likely want to use Julianos weapons unless you get really lucky and pull a BSW inferno staff.
    vFG1 HM
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen more and more magDKs drop the whip spamable and rather use the burning ember instead. With same DPS, but alot higher HPS (healing pr secound)

When you use burning ember it first does an upfront dmg, then .5sec later comes first dot tick. And because of the 1sec global cooldown in this game this means that you can use it every secound and still get the dot tick.

A nice tip for new players playing magDK
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I use Burning Spellweave and Silks of the sun. But Burning Spell weave and Julianos is also really good and even Silks of the sun, julianos also is fine.

Everyone uses Siroria and spell strategist as the meta set up for everything atm though.

Bar 1: Engulfing flames (10s), Burning embers (12s), Molten whip (spam), Harness Magicka, Inner light, elemental rage (10s)
    Bar 2: Elemental blockade (8s), Eruption(15s), Flames of oblivion(15s), Beast Trap (60s), inner light, Dragonknight standard (20s).

You need a destruction staff ability on both bars for the 8% bonus so that is the purpose of the elemental rage.

You want to settle into a rotation where you keep all of your damage over time abilities up at all times.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valkyn/Juli/BSW would be my starter sets, even Mother's Sorrow if you don't want to farm BSW.

Rotation I use is:
    Eruption > la > Flames > la > Trap > swap
    la > 2 skills > la > Embers > la > Engulfing > swap
    la > Blockade > swap
    la > 5 skills > Embers > la > Engulfing > swap
    la > Blockade

Skills being: Whip, Ult

As for CP make sure to account for jump points (they always round down, so 19.1% and 19.99% both give 19%).

As for gear you only need to gold your weapons, armour and jewellery dont really matter.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xynode's build is the one i currently use tho currently I have siroria instead of DM until i can get a BSW inferno to drop.

Alcasts is good too.

But I also advocate finding something that works for you.As far as advice:

1.) Inner light should be on your whip/spammable bar. 7% bonus magicka means they are going to hit harder and prophecy for crit.

2.) Engulfing flames can go on your back bar and doesn't need to be on both; you'll be swapping every 10 sec at the very least to reapply blockade same with harness magicka.

3.) I really prefer to just use the destro ult instead of standard of might. In more difficult content it's nice to be able to drop the storm ulti and then be able to go about your business of avoiding damage and getting rezes; your time to stand around in your standard dpsing is often limited, though on certain fights you can certainly swap it back in.

This is one reason I like xynode's setup. putting the mage's guild ultimate adds more magicka on your front bar, once again increasing your overall damage with other skills. Once you remove harness and engulfing from that bar you'll have room for a destro skill (here for the passive that requires a destro skill slotted - i recommend pulsar for trash, ele drain for boss fights), and inner light.

as far as your rotation goes, you should be swapping to your back bar at least every 10 seconds to reapply engulfing and blockade, and every other rotation use eruption or flames of oblivion.

I'm not sure if you can do it on Xbox, on PS4 I use accessibility options to map R3 (pushing right joystick in as a button) as my bar swap and this makes it much cleaner.

I see people often say "I'm learning to light attack weave" - don't learn it, just do it. there's nothing to it. Tap the trigger a fraction of a second before each skill. There's nothing to learn. :)

lastly i'd recommend getting both Valkyn Skoria and Grothdar sets. For most fights you'll use grothdar (easy to obtain as vet vaults of madness might be the easiest vet IMHO) but there are going to be fights where you're going to need to be ranged. In this case you wear Skoria and trade whip for Force Pulse/Crushing shock (or elemental weapon, if you want to bother with doing the snoozer of a psijic quest). Eventually you'll want zaan for single target heavy fights.

get some Burning Spellweave - its by far my fav set for magDK and city of ash 1 even on vet isn't difficult so you can get your purple jewelry there. If you're lucky an inferno staff will drop; otherwise just use two body pieces, then get julianos weapons and 3 body, and the above monster sets.
    Edited by Krayl on December 28, 2018 8:04PM