The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

New Life Master Writs

Easily_Lost
Easily_Lost
✭✭✭✭✭
I have two questions:
1) Is there a time limit when they need to be done ( i.e. before the new Life festival is finished )?
2) It says that you need to complete 12 NL Writs to receive a skin. Can they be done on multiple charaters in the same account?
PC - NA - AD
started April 2015
PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) No information. Don't know.

2) You must do 12 writs on one single character to complete the achievement for which the skin is a reward.
    PC EU
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply. your answers were what I thought. Just thought I would ask them anyway.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • midgetfromtheshire
    midgetfromtheshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    From the wording of the achievement, it reads as being able to complete the writs even after the event has ended.

For the other holiday events, they usually read at the end "during xx event". FWIW I let a few of my alts learn the Jesters Festival outside of the event and they still received the "Jester's Personal Chef" achievement.
    Get rid of faction locks.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From the wording of the achievement, it reads as being able to complete the writs even after the event has ended.

For the other holiday events, they usually read at the end "during xx event". FWIW I let a few of my alts learn the Jesters Festival outside of the event and they still received the "Jester's Personal Chef" achievement.

True, with motifs and recipes, you can learn them any time and get the achievement, while there are specific achievements (like setting off fireworks at the Undaunted enclaves) that have to be done during the festival.

I would guess that if you obtained Charity Writs after the event from another player and completed them, you could get the achievement. You just aren't able to earn any Charity Writs after the event has ended.

Now, I don't know that this is the case, and I wouldn't depend on it, so if you can complete it during the Festival, that would be the safe bet.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering achievements like learning all the event motif chapters can be unlocked outside of the event period it would seem the achievement for the skin can be as well.
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    In addition, I want to point out that we can sell the charity writs. If it was meant to only be done during the event, I expect they would be bound. As it is, the writs will be available in game long after the event ends, so it's reasonable that like learning motifs and recipes (and therefore getting those achieves) can be done outside the holiday event, so can earning the skin.