The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Abilities not casting when clicked

thefixerupper
This is happening more and more and its to the point where I am about to quit. ESO will not respond to my tickets.
I am having a couple different issues -->

*Magplar *
*Casting issues*

I am in a dungeon, or soloing and my cast bar freezes up or a ability takes forever to trigger.

Examples:
I was in a dungeon today, and my casting bars literally all grayed out. I could not use any ability. I could not even use block or dodge. I thought maybe I had a debuff or something on, but there was nothing. I reloaded my UI and nothing. I had to quit my game and log back on. Only to find that I was kicked from group :( But... my bars were working again. This would be ok, if it was once in a great while, but this is daily!... Its so embarrassing and time wasting to go through this.

and

I was soloing skyreach, and it literally took 5 clicks to activate my ward shield or inner light. It seriously is causing me to die because its not activating when I click it and have to spam it over and over. Its not even on a cool down. Its the first time I use this ability, it takes me several times to click for it activate it.

Any ideas on how to fix this since ESO doesn't respond to tickets?

Also I have great internet, nothing in the game seems to be freezing. I don't think it is anything to do with my computer, since I am playing much higher end games and other MMO with no issues. This is the only game I have this issue with :S
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    It is possible the delays in your ability bar could be the result of an add-on. Try removing your add-ons and see if you still experience the delays.
    1. Go to the "Elder Scrolls Online" folder in My Documents.
    2. Open the "live" folder (NA megaserver) or "liveeu" (EU megaserver).
    3. Remove all files from the "AddOns" folder.
    4. Remove all files from the "SavedVariables" folder.
    5. Remove AddOnSettings.txt from the "live" folder.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    It is possible the delays in your ability bar could be the result of an add-on. Try removing your add-ons and see if you still experience the delays.
    Excuuuuse me! In my humble opinion, your set of instructions is as hostile to the interests to the player as it can possibly be.

The only thing that the player must do is rename the ...\Addons folder to ...\XAddons. The game client will create an empty ...\Addons folder when the player reloads the UI or resumes playing TESO via the game/account log-in dialog screen. Deleting or renaming any of the other files is irrelevant, because the game client does not do anything with them if the ...\Addons folder is empty.

In the highly unlikey event that resolves the issue, then the player can delete the empty ...\Addons folder and rename ...\XAddons to ...\Addons.

Then the player can disable all if the addons by removing their respective checkmarks from the the ESC > Addons menu, and reload the UI. Then the player can re-enable them one-by-one to determine which one -- if any -- is the cause of the problem.

ZOS needs to acknowledge that the Guild Store UI (among others) is so primitive and inadequate that an add-on such as Awseome Guild Store is essential to playing the game effectively. Without many of the addons which we use, the features of TESO are, individually and collectively, a fail.

ZOS has profited handsomely from the voluntary donation of skill, time, and effort of the add-on developers, but evidently has no respect for them at all. If I had to play TESO without any addons, then I would be playing some other MMORPG instead.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • fullheartcontainer
    fullheartcontainer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was in a dungeon today, and my casting bars literally all grayed out. I could not use any ability. I could not even use block or dodge.

This is commonly called "The sprint bug". You tend to see it more in Cyrodiil due to use case scenario, so pvp players are pretty familiar with it. I'm not sure what *exactly* causes it, but it's some interaction between sprint and ability animations.

To get rid of it, double click your sprint button.
    I was soloing skyreach, and it literally took 5 clicks to activate my ward shield or inner light. It seriously is causing me to die because its not activating when I click it and have to spam it over and over. Its not even on a cool down. Its the first time I use this ability, it takes me several times to click for it activate it.

Again, I see this issue a lot in cyrodiil due to number of enemies/players doing actions around you. With the sheer number of enemies you're probably stacking together in skyreach, it's likely lag from the server dealing with the number of things happening at that location. Even though things seem to be running smoothly on your end (good internet/computer) the lag is on the server side.

• Nyxxa
    Nyxxa
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »

^ This fixed nothing as no AddOns were even downloaded when this issue occurred. The folder was already empty!
    ~ Nyx