The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is a Stam Warden viable?

SkaldWarrior
SkaldWarrior
Soul Shriven
As the question asks, is it viable to be a stam warden? I've never played warden class just recently unlocked it and I am wanting to give it a try. However most guides for wardens all say the same about them being an almost pure magicka class. I have already looked at their skills and a I do see where most of their skills will scale from magicka. I already have a High Elf Templar going a pure magicka build and was wanting a more melee orientated class to play and from a quick glance it seems like warden would fit that niche for me. Am I safe going with a melee build using warden class or will I eventually be forced into picking up a destro staff in order to deal optimal damage even when questing?

If it helps I was already planning out using medium gear and either a DW/Bow or 2Hand/Bow combination with my warden.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DW/Bow stam Warden is very, very viable in both pve and PvP.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    DW/Bow stam Warden is very, very viable in both pve and PvP.

The only problem you might have is if you join one of those 'leet groups trying to set records in trials. Other then that, I've been successful running a stam Warden in any content.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For PvE it depends on the content. Stam Warden does not have the absolute best DPS at the moment but it is still very good and especially consistent throughout burst fights, sustained fights and AOE. A Stam Warden can also bring a considerable amount of group utility. I would say for the classic trial content it is one of the strongest builds at the moment for it's consistency throughout the different situations you face in the same trial. Solo content is usually not so relevant, but even there Stamina Warden has a very well balanced kit. For PvP it is very much viable as well. In fact it is very much the opposite of what you heard, Stamina is dominating Magicka. Magicka Wardens are basically non existent as DDs.
    Edited by FakeFox on December 24, 2018 8:42PM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • SkaldWarrior
    SkaldWarrior
    Soul Shriven
    FakeFox wrote: »
    In fact it is very much the opposite of what you heard, Stamina is dominating Magicka. Magicka Wardens are basically non existent as DDs.

Alright cool. I'll go ahead and give it a shot then and see what happens. Thanks for the quick replies everyone!
  • cbritomiranda
    cbritomiranda
    ✭✭
    they are great! Weapon Critical, Major Brutality, Self-Healing... The only class more powerfull are the Untouchables StamBlades.
    Arielle Pendragon [] High Elf - Sorcerer [DD]
    Ataena Zastee [] Khajiit - Nightblade [DD]
    Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Nightblade [DD]
    Angeline Pendragon [] Breton - Templar [Healer]
    Freyja Stone-Singer [] Nord - Dragonknight [Tanker]
    Raelys the Flame [] High Elf - Dragonknight [Healer]
    Anne-Marie Pendragon [] Breton - Warden [Healer]
    Fairynn Frost-Moon [] Nord - Warden [Tanker]
    Asrin the Wise [] Khajiit - Sorcerer [DD]
  • humpalicous
    humpalicous
    ✭✭✭
    Stamden is very viable, probably the second best stam dd right now, about 1-2k less than Stamblade in pve. I love my stamden!
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All classes and toons are viable. With 15 character slots per server, you're not experiencing ESO to its fullest without having each class toon in both maj and stam build. Each toon is deadly and enjoyable in its own way.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree, stam warden is viable. Every class has more magicka focused class skills than stamina ones so stamina players tend to rely more heavily on weapon skills. On the other hand, magicka characters have plenty of class skills but their weapon options are more limited. So it sort of balances out between magicka and stamina players.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's very viable.