The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How do you let Steam sell Crowns??!!... so irresponsibly... I have lost 21000 Crowns buying at Steam

Medieval3D
Medieval3D
✭✭✭
Hi, first TES games are mostly only games I play, for real, love them, I like ESO I was waiting for offer sales at this end season of the year just for get new content for ESO, I have the base game; Imperial version (dlc) and Orsinium, I acquired the Imperial dlc from Steam but the base game from official site. I really want to buy ESO content but is impossible without a credit card, even payapal ask for credit card... that is way I looked for Steam... at my country (I'm from Chile southamerica) you can buy with a linked bank account Steam wallet and games... so I said why not to get Crowns at Steam... (by the way I linked my ESO account to Steam, supposedly but now I know isnt true...)

Just bought the 21000 Crowns pack... waiting for get a redeem code, key code or something..., I lost my money 86.5158 usd dollars to trash, now I must ask for a ticket to Steam to be refunded at least could get the possibility to get back my Steam wallet credits...

Dont you see a big problem here??, I have read ton of post happened the same, saddly I should have don that first before purchase the fail 21000 Crowns... the last time I got something about ESO on Steam worked so why now would not work...

First problem is about the accessibility, why is not allowed key redeem codes for Crowns or for ESO content, is really sad...

The company is being very irresponsible with associated distributor of ESO games as Steam, I would prefer be a huge notice or something before one get Crowns for Steam, or a huge notice on ESO official site about "IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET CONTENT WITHOUT A CREDIT CARD FOR GET IT (wait until next update or something to be more a new ways to acquire ESO content)"....

I should get refund in osme way for lost my time and money...

The company Zenimax Online and Bethesda I guess have indireclty the fault ton of people is lossing money because allows quite "official" third party distributors as Steam sell whatever about ESO without any warning or responsability...

I'm pretty sure I might get a response here on the forum about: "it is said in some lost corner of the official site having ESO bought at official site and Steam are not compatible", such kind of comments worth nothing, I mean how reading such comment will get my money back?...
Medieval
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowns are added to your account automatically, Steam doesn't give you a code that you then have to apply yourself somewhere. When you log into your ESO account, you should see the crowns added to your balance. ;) I play through Steam as well and I've never had a problem purchasing crowns.
    Edited by Saturnana on December 23, 2018 11:21PM
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Medieval3D
    Medieval3D
    ✭✭✭
    lnsane wrote: »
    Crowns are added to your account automatically, Steam doesn't give you a code that you then have to apply yourself somewhere. When you log into your ESO account, you should see the crowns added to your balance. ;) I play through Steam as well and I've never had a problem purchasing crowns.

I dont play through steam due I purchased ESO by by official site, I mean I run ESO through Bethesda launcher... when I log into ESO I see 0 Crowns...
    Medieval
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crowns on Steam only work if you own the game on Steam, as you've figured out by now. I don't know what ESO can do about it, since Steam would have to refund the money, and the crown packs are non-refundable. You can inquire at Steam and ZOS, both, and see if you can get the money back, but I wouldn't be too hopeful. Maybe someone will help you. Best of luck.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, I hate to say it... but it's hard to do anything without a card of some kind these days because they are so widespread and available. Obviously you have an issue to work out with this sale, but there are ways to deal with this I'm the future.

I'm not sure what is available where you are, but in the US there are both static prepaid cards and reloadable visa(and other company cards) that funds can be added to in a store and then used like a credit card. I'd suggest going to a major grocery store and seeing what's available.

If you have a bank account, PayPal only really needs routing info and it should work.

Tried to use proper English in case it is easier for you to run this through Google Translate. Best of luck
    Edited by notimetocare on December 24, 2018 5:53AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are you saying you do not own the game on Steam but you can buy crowns on Steam? Does Steam generally allow you to buy DLC for games you don't own on Steam? I just checked whether steam would allow me to buy GTA V currency, and it doesn't since I don't own the game. They really need to have it do the same for crowns if you don't own ESO on Steam.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Medieval3D wrote: »
    lnsane wrote: »

I dont play through steam due I purchased ESO by by official site, I mean I run ESO through Bethesda launcher... when I log into ESO I see 0 Crowns...

Like others pointed out as well already; purchasing crowns through Steam only works if you own / play the game through Steam. I went ahead and checked the crown purchase page to see if this fact was mentioned explicitly at all, since I can understand it confuses people. Turns out it was;
    CxALC8v.png

Simply adding ESO to your Steam library manually does not count as 'linking'; it only enables the Steam overlay in an otherwise non-Steam game. To link your existing ESO account to Steam, you should follow these steps: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36517/kw/link steam

I'd contact Steam and see if there's anything that can be done about the crowns.
    Maybe they'll be able to reimburse you.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • Medieval3D
    Medieval3D
    ✭✭✭
    I solved the problem but I had to purchase the game again through Steam, anyway wasnt that bad due the game was in offer :), but still I say there is irresponsibly, I hope things could be more clear in future and the game keeps improving
    Edited by Medieval3D on December 26, 2018 1:57AM
    Medieval
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully you were able to continue using your characters. As pointed out by someone else, steam does give a warning. And don't forget my suggestion of prepaid cards. I am glad you did get your crowns though