The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crown Crate QOL change. Let us extract gems from collectibles.

Greystag
Greystag
✭✭✭✭
First of all, sorry if this has already been proposed. I just wanted to get this idea out there.

Many people feel bummed when they get a collectible in their Crown crates, becasue a lot of the time it's not what they were looking for, and sometimes they may not even like it. I for example, got a bunch of daedric pets in the Psijic Crates and even a Psijic Senche, and I'm not lieing when I say I'd much rather have received 10 gems instead of everything, because I've never used any of them.

Well, there are ways ZOS can make collectibles not go directly to your account. I mean, there's one way to do this in the game already! Runeboxes allow players to trade collectibles like the Jelly Netch in Murkmire or the new Gladiator costume. Would making Crown Crate collectibles drop as runeboxes be difficult to implement? I of course mean Account Bound runeboxes that can't be traded with other characters. Golden collectibles that cost 100 gems could yield 33 gems (Like Golden furnishings), and Apex mounts yield around 120 (the rate is 30% as far as I know, but I've never seen someone get two Apex mounts). Radiant Apex mounts could yield 400 gems, like the shiny Sweetroll.

Furthermore, something similar could be implemented to the Crown Store itself. There could be an option that let's us buy items as Runeboxes that can be traded with other players. This would prevent all Crown trading scams. If this were to happen, ZOS could add a "refund" tab in the store that lets you turn a Runebox you've bought back into crowns, just for cases where a buyer trolled Crown Sellers.

What are your thoughts on these suggestions? Most (if not all) of the people I've talked to thought Crown Crates were and anti-consumer practice. If ZOS doesn't want to remove them, at least make them a bit more consumer-friendly.

(I was going to make this a discussion but I think a poll could be more useful)
| PC / EU |
| Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
| Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
| CP: 1800 |
| Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |

Crown Crate QOL change. Let us extract gems from collectibles. 61 votes

I would like to see this.
95%
jediodyn_ESOhuntgod_ESOAlienSlofAektannCrimson_FlareLivvyfalcasternub18_ESOgangyzgirlAtallantabeckamayIndorilArwynLlethranHidesFromSunDraxysSilverwillowAefionBloodclawGoratesqueDelpiApheriusAliyavanaLord_Eomer 58 votes
I would NOT like to see this.
4%
notimetocareBlazingDynamoVladihiel 3 votes
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love this - my collection is filled up with stuff I will never use - I didn't buy it first time round because I didn't WANT it. I still don't want it. Same with a lot of the crate-only stuff. This wouldn't have been a problem if crates hadn't been given out free, as I certainly would never buy them!

Not that I minded the free ones - I did get a few things I really did like and want. Just would be nice to be able to clear out the stuff I don't want or will never use.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be awesome, but since this will lead to the increase in gem amount and is against ZOS money making strategies I highly doubt that this will ever become reality.
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea until someone does it then changes their mind and whines because now its impossible to get their old item cuz the crates are gone
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great idea until someone does it then changes their mind and whines because now its impossible to get their old item cuz the crates are gone

That's the problem of the buyer in that case. If I win a raffle where the prize is a random T-Shirt and refund it because I don't like the design, and realise afterwards that I actually like the T-Shirt and want it but is now unavailable for purchase, sure, I can blame the raffle and the store that organised it and whine, but it was my fault.

Furthermore, a lot of people "whine" about loot-boxes already, and by "whining" I mean offering reasonable arguments against them. The scenario you used as an "argument" would be just petty squabbling that would only denote your inability to form grounded decisions like an adult.
    | PC / EU |
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I too have tons of collectibles I will NEVER use. I'd love the option to gem these things to get stuff I actually want. :)
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greystag wrote: »

That's the problem of the buyer in that case. If I win a raffle where the prize is a random T-Shirt and refund it because I don't like the design, and realise afterwards that I actually like the T-Shirt and want it but is now unavailable for purchase, sure, I can blame the raffle and the store that organised it and whine, but it was my fault.

Furthermore, a lot of people "whine" about loot-boxes already, and by "whining" I mean offering reasonable arguments against them. The scenario you used as an "argument" would be just petty squabbling that would only denote your inability to form grounded decisions like an adult.

I don't disagree per say, but OP is asking for s feature that will cause problems for zos with no benefit to them
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't disagree per say, but OP is asking for s feature that will cause problems for zos with no benefit to them

No benefit? It would incentivise more people to pay for crates and actually have a higher chance to get rewards.

Also, it would benefit the company. Making your community like you instead of think you're a cashgrabbing company yields no immediate gains but it's a smart move in the long run.
    Edited by Greystag on December 27, 2018 11:20AM
    | PC / EU |
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 8 versions of the same body paint designs in the Xanmeer crates further make this option appealing.

I didn’t want one of those markings, I definitely didn’t want the other seven
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    The 8 versions of the same body paint designs in the Xanmeer crates further make this option appealing.

I didn’t want one of those markings, I definitely didn’t want the other seven

And the Voriplasm weapons. I haven't got one (because I'm not buying Crates) but I suspect you can't extract gems from those either.

| PC / EU |
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so many crappy costumes, hats, momentos and tattoos which i dont care about
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to trade in some of these stupid disco mounts I have (Fire Atro Senche, Storm Atro Bear and Storm Atro Wolf) for gems.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    I would love to trade in some of these stupid disco mounts I have (Fire Atro Senche, Storm Atro Bear and Storm Atro Wolf) for gems.

I got the Psijic Senche mount and I've used it only 2 or 3 times when doing "mount competitions" with random strangers.

Half of my pets also come from Crates and I've literally never equipped them. Maybe once when I got them to see what they looked like, just to put them back into my Collections afterwards, never to see the light of day again.
    Edited by Greystag on January 1, 2019 12:19AM
    | PC / EU |
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greystag wrote: »
    Half of my pets also come from Crates and I've literally never equipped them. Maybe once when I got them to see what they looked like, just to put them back into my Collections afterwards, never to see the light of day again.

This, except I'd say it's 90% of mine.