Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Healing Staff traits and enchantments

Greystag
Greystag
✭✭✭✭
(I'm a Magicka Warden Healer)

Hi. I've always used Infused as a trait for my resto staves, coupled with a Magicka regen enchantment. I recently began to think about other options, mainly Powered and Decisive.

Powered sounds like overkill in my opinion. I think I already have enough healing.

Decisive sounds interesting, on the other hand. It would help me get more War Horns up. What are your thoughts on this?

Also, which enchantments do you guys use?
| PC / EU |
| Aspen Greystag, Khajiit Warden, Frosty boi |
| Healer, Tank, Damage dealer |
| CP: 1800 |
| Guilds: Officer at Meridia's Light |
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For dungeons, I have front bar desicive and back charged. I do this because it's easier to react to changes in situations with desicive giving more utlimate, also more war horns. I have charged on lighting staff with shock glyh to make it easy to apply concussion on a lot of mobs with dynamic to timing.

Note using shield glyh or damage one on resto. It's fun cause now shields work with restiences
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infused is my favorite but you really can't go wrong with powered, nirn, precise or charged, in that order. Decisive is garbage.

Enchantments are back bar infused lightning enchant/crusher lightning destro with wall of elements. Always.

Front bar resto is either berzerk or absorb magic, depending on your needs.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 23, 2018 12:40PM
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For frontbar I would go for infused if you are running crusher or weakening. In more optimized groups where the tanks can hold those debuffs up themselves I go for decisive as it is the only other buff option you have and you don't really need anything selfish here.
    On backbar I use infused no matter what enchant. Even for shock I found it to be better then charged because it carries over to your frontbar and therefor usually gives better uptime, it depends on how much time you spend on your backbar though.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention you might like charged/infused comb in a trial setting keeps uptimes for concussion/off balance better this way.
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies.

What's statistically better for a lightning staff with a shock enchantment? I currently run Charged for more concussion procs but I don't know how much better Infused is.

I may give decisive front bar a try. It does sound neat on paper.
    | PC / EU |
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greystag wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

What's statistically better for a lightning staff with a shock enchantment? I currently run Charged for more concussion procs but I don't know how much better Infused is.

Depends on the situation. What I say is infused for trials and charged dungeons.
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to use defending on my resto staffs so there's less of a chance of something killing me, and a charged lightning staff with a shock enchant for off-balance. Powered is what you need when you're low level, but can still be good once you've hit CP cap.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to use defending on my resto staffs so there's less of a chance of something killing me, and a charged lightning staff with a shock enchant for off-balance. Powered is what you need when you're low level, but can still be good once you've hit CP cap.

Yeah I'm around 750 CP so that's why Powered seems a bit like overkill.
    Tasear wrote: »
    Depends on the situation. What I say is infused for trials and charged dungeons.

Does the enchantment affect concussion proc chance, or is it purely for damage? I see Charged being better in dungeons because I'll likely be the only one applying the debuff.

| PC / EU |
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does the enchantment affect concussion proc chance, or is it purely for damage? I see Charged being better in dungeons because I'll likely be the only one applying the debuff.

The both could do same thing but infused makes easier to keep on boss monsters while charge makes it easier to get on multiple enemies on short period of time.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    the reason you use an infused destro back bar over a charged is that the infused trait carries over to your front bar, ie the enchant goes off every 2 seconds instead of every 4. charged only works on the bar it is on. an enchant has a base 20% chance to proc a status effect, in the case we are talking about, it is concussed from a lightning enchant. with charged and the destro passives the proc chance goes to 84%. but that drops to base rate on your front bar resto.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 23, 2018 4:06PM
  • Greystag
    Greystag
    ✭✭✭✭
    an enchant has a base 20% chance to proc a status effect, in the case we are talking about, it is concussed from a lightning enchant. with charged and the destro passives the proc chance goes to 84%. but that drops to base rate on your front bar resto.
    Ah, I didn't know about the 20% status effect proc. I think I'll swap to infused then. I only really use my backbar for buffs, and Blockade is the last skill I drop, so charged does seem like a waste.

The both could do same thing but infused makes easier to keep on boss monsters while charge makes it easier to get on multiple enemies on short period of time.

I'm gonna try to get an Infused version of my Lightning staves then. I guess charged would only really be better when fighting multiple mobs in a dungeon.

Thanks again for the replies 👌

| PC / EU |
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the replies.

Charged is stronger then infused if you proc the enchant while being on that bar. So it comes down to how much time you spend on that bar or in which rhythm you barswap. For the most part this means infused is stronger for classic healing aka. going to your backbar every 6-8 seconds for reapplying whichever buffs or debuffs you have there and not actively using this bar. You can develop a swapping pattern that utilized charged with this playstyle, but I think it isn't viable. Where it becomes viable however is if you use your backbar actively, for DPS when there is no healign required for example.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)