The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning

kronoso1979b14_ESO
I decided after upgrading my ps4 hd to reinstall the game. I avoided doing random dungeons with people because well you know how people can be in these games. My first one yesterday went fine. The one I did today started off fine until I noticed the healer wasn’t healing. My second one the other dips and healer complained my dps was low. Mind you their cp levels were mid two hundred or higher and mine is only 160. Again the healer wasn’t bothering to heal anyone. I was having to also fight by myself and heal myself. They then kicked me from the group after letting me die again.

Any advice for a returning player? Or should I just avoid the queue altogether. I was trying to gear up to do better stuff. I handle normal dungeons just fine. Or since the expansions came out did things get tuned up while I was away for a few months?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, my main inclination is to say that, hey, its groupfinder and some people are always going to be snots. Plus, of course your DPS is going to be lower if you have to shoulder most of the self-heals. You probably dont need to worry too much.

My second thought, on the other hand, is to think of some things that might help going forward:

Do you know your usual DPS? If you don't and you have access to a training dummy through a guild, its a good idea to find out how much DPS you do on a boss. That can give you peace of mind that, yeah, your DPS is fine. Or it can give you some ideas of how to improve your DPS if needed.

Also, its okay to point out that the healer isn't healing, however, many groups do expect that DDs will run their own self-heals in addition to the healer. More experienced groups may even prefer to run 1 tank/3DDs without a healer. So it may be worth practicing self heals in your rotation, and making doubly certain you aren't "standing in stupid" and you are letting the tank manage the mob pulls and take most of the heat.

Hope this helps!
  • kronoso1979b14_ESO
    So, my main inclination is to say that, hey, its groupfinder and some people are always going to be snots. Plus, of course your DPS is going to be lower if you have to shoulder most of the self-heals. You probably dont need to worry too much.

My second thought, on the other hand, is to think of some things that might help going forward:

Do you know your usual DPS? If you don't and you have access to a training dummy through a guild, its a good idea to find out how much DPS you do on a boss. That can give you peace of mind that, yeah, your DPS is fine. Or it can give you some ideas of how to improve your DPS if needed.

Also, its okay to point out that the healer isn't healing, however, many groups do expect that DDs will run their own self-heals in addition to the healer. More experienced groups may even prefer to run 1 tank/3DDs without a healer. So it may be worth practicing self heals in your rotation, and making doubly certain you aren't "standing in stupid" and you are letting the tank manage the mob pulls and take most of the heat.

Hope this helps!

It does. It sums up a lot of what I’m doing already. If I see the healer not healing anyone I heal myself. It’s the same with this mmo as any other mmo though. You have dps queuing as tanks so they can get runs. Then they all want easy runs because they all have top gear. Pretty dumb imo. But yeah thanks for the information. My character is a Templar with cp 160 and blacksmith at 41.

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    come to pc, i have a guild there that really couldnt care what your dps is,

We run dungeons, die, rezz, die, wipe, try again and eventually we make it,
    after many laughs and tears,

we do it all in the name of fun.
    Edited by Johngo0036 on December 19, 2018 1:46PM
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• kronoso1979b14_ESO
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    come to pc, i have a guild there that really couldnt care what your dps is,

We run dungeons, die, rezz, die, wipe, try again and eventually we make it,
    after many laughs and tears,

we do it all in the name of fun.

Ty I appreciate it. I don’t have a computer right now.