Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Solstheim

JamuThatsWho
JamuThatsWho
✭✭✭✭✭
Do you think we'll ever go there? It's so close to Bleakrock, and it got me thinking whilst I was doing New Life dailies.

It'd be ideal for a Nord-based DLC area.
@JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There isnt much there tho
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point in the timetime, the only settlement is the skaal village. And there isnt anything really going on there. I could see it being a map for a new mode if they made it. Maybe they will follow the battle royale trend XD. other than that, they could include it as a small dlc like murkmire/clockwork.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its got the skaal village, probably a riekling settlement, and the standing stones. Oh and also a large amount of nordic ruins. But that's about it.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A battleground and dungeon dlc in it? Sure. A whole story dlc? Unlikely
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be a winter dlc as clockwork or murkmire. or coaould beadded with Skyrim chapter
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solstheim is THE area I'd like to see opened one day, with a quest/story-line that grants a werebear skill-line.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Solstheim is THE area I'd like to see opened one day, with a quest/story-line that grants a werebear skill-line.

Me 2

Loved that place in Skyrim, cant wait to get there in ESO

Maybe help the first dumer settlers to land there, and build the Mushroomtower ect.

However idk if this would be lore friendly :/
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me 2

Maybe help the first dumer settlers to land there, and build the Mushroomtower ect.

At this point in the timeline, it's only home to a tiny Nord village and some Rieklings. Dark Elves didn't settle there until 4E 200, after the Red Year.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, we can wait for quite a while longer and have a way larger chunk of good old Skyrim instead. Yes, we can - what the actual Skyrim enthusiasts have to say doesn't matter. They can play Skyrim instead.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭

At this point in the timeline, it's only home to a tiny Nord village and some Rieklings. Dark Elves didn't settle there until 4E 200, after the Red Year.
    By 4E 201 the settlement of Tel Mythrin was already fully grown, which takes quite a while. The wiki article reckons Master Neloth visited sometime before the Red Year (4E 5) to begin that process, and Raven Rock was initially "founded" before that (4E 0).
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without question.

Skyrim will be either this Chapter or the next. So I could easily see Solstheim being the DLC that tags at the end of the year.
  • mreisse
    mreisse
    ✭✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    Without question.

Skyrim will be either this Chapter or the next. So I could easily see Solstheim being the DLC that tags at the end of the year.

I'm betting Skyrim is NOT coming next. When's the 10th anniversary? Yeah, then if ever...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Me 2

Dunmer settlers? We are in the second era.
    Edited by Aliyavana on December 18, 2018 1:07PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Me 2

WAS SOOO SPOOOKY in Skyrim D:
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Me 2

It was the Imperials who came and made the Ebon mine which later led to the Dunmer expansion/invasion onto Solstheim. I doubt the native inhabitants wanted all these people on their island but they really didn't have much choice when the Empire came knocking or hordes of House Dunmer following. I get the sense the Nords of Solstheim are really a distinct subset of the Nord people based on the gameplay of both games in the series.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • SilverIce58
    SilverIce58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »

By 4E 201 the settlement of Tel Mythrin was already fully grown, which takes quite a while. The wiki article reckons Master Neloth visited sometime before the Red Year (4E 5) to begin that process, and Raven Rock was initially "founded" before that (4E 0).

While that is true, in Morrowind, the bloodmoon expansion takes us to Solstheim and there aren't any dunmer settlements on the island at that time. So somewhere after the events of the third game, and before the events of skyrim was when the dunmer came to the island.
    PC - NA
    CP 1125
    Veric Blackwood - Breton Magsorc DC
    Xhiak-Qua'cthurus - Argonian Frost Warden EP
    Kujata-qa - Khajiit Magplar AD
    Suunleth-dar - Khajiit Stamblade AD
    Teldryn Antharys - Dunmer Flame DK EP
    Strikes-With-Venom - Argonian Poison DK EP
    Rur'san-ra - Khajiit WW Stamsorc AD
    Ilianos Solinar - Altmer Stamplar AD
    Iscah Silver-Heart - Reachman Magden DC
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MyKillv2.0 wrote: »
    Without question.

This would probably be the one thing that would make me stop playing the game. I loved Skyrim, really did, but I DON’T want to go there in ESO unless there is nowhere else left.

(Yes, I know ESO already has bits of it, I’m just tired of people still wanting this to be Skyrim Online.)
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I’m sick to death of Elves, sooooo
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not “The Elder Elves Online” either.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tatanko wrote: »

Yeah, Raven Rock dates back to 3e427. The exact date is a little unclear, because it's a player built settlement in Morrowind. Skyrim was indulging in some serious nostalgia when they added the zone in Dragonborn. Now, I'd like to see it too, but a lot of the stuff we think of as aspects of the island just aren't there yet. Even Thirsk probably doesn't exist yet.

I love the map, especially pre-Red Year ashfall, but there isn't much there.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love this idea.

The Reikkling huts with the hundreds of copies of the “Lusty Argonian Maid” amuse me greatly.

Also, I want the Skaal outfit in ESO. Proper winter attire and zone.

No more halter tops and skirts.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "The History of Raven Rock Vol I"
    The History of Raven Rock
    Volume I
    by
    Lyrin Telleno
    Forward

Raven Rock is one of the more interesting colonies of Morrowind of the last two centuries. So much has happened to this tiny town in such a short amount of time, and so many lives have been affected by it, I felt it necessary to describe its rich history within these volumes. During my research, I lived in Raven Rock for almost three years, and I got to know many of my fellow Dunmer who call Raven Rock their home. I hope that my readers will appreciate the amount of fortitude and perseverance that it must take to endure life in such an inhospitable and untamed land.

Raven Rock was founded in 3E 427 by the East Empire Company in response to the discovery of a rich ebony mine on the southern edge of the island of Solstheim. The construction of the town took several months, and the mine immediately started yielding ebony ore that the miner's shipped to Windhelm in Skyrim. By 3E 432, the town was home to over thirty people, all of whom depended on the mine for their livelihood. At this time, Raven Rock was almost exclusively inhabited by Imperials and a few Nords who were drawn to the mine's wealth.

When the Oblivion Crisis arose in 3E 433, Raven Rock remained largely untouched by Mehrunes Dagon's forces and work continued as usual. The bulk of the Imperial Guard that was stationed in Raven Rock was recalled to Cyrodiil to fight the invading forces, but a few soldiers remained behind in order to protect the ebony mine from bandits. It's uncertain whether any Oblivion Gates ever opened on Solstheim, as there appears to be no record of such an event ever occurring there.

In the first year of the Fourth Era, after the destruction of Ald'ruhn, many of the Dunmer Great Houses sent out small groups of their own to seek places to reestablish themselves. House Redoran's group was led by Brara Morvayn who immediately struck out for Solstheim. After some quick negotiations with the East Empire Company (and some speculate quite a bit of coin changing hands), Brara's group was allowed to settle in Raven Rock where they quickly became a part of the mining colony's way of life. The Dunmer proved to be both hard-working and reliable when it came to working in the mines, impressing the East Empire Company and solidifying their relationship.

All was going quite well until that fateful day in 4E 5 when the Red Mountain suddenly erupted, sending a massive blast across the Sea of Ghosts that struck Solstheim with its full fury. Raven Rock was heavily damaged by this wave of force, which toppled several of its stone structures and obliterated many of the wooden ones. Ironically, the mine once again proved to be the town's saving grace, as most of the population of Raven Rock was working underground at the time, and was completely shielded from the blast. This event wasn't without cost, however. Raven Rock was heavily dependent on nearby Fort Frostmoth for its defense, but the eruption had almost completely wiped it from the face of Solstheim. The few soldiers that survived took residence in Raven Rock itself and attempted to set up a makeshift garrison there, but these scant few were hardly a match for potential threats to their town. With the East Empire Company's permission, Brara brought in some of House Redoran's elite "Redoran Guard" to fill the void. The guard proved to be an ideal replacement for the fallen Imperial soldiers and have been guarding the town ever since.

Source: https://www.imperial-library.info/content/history-raven-rock
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    While that is true, in Morrowind, the bloodmoon expansion takes us to Solstheim and there aren't any dunmer settlements on the island at that time. So somewhere after the events of the third game, and before the events of skyrim was when the dunmer came to the island.
    You're not wrong, and neither am I :)

Reread what I said, and you'll realize we are saying the same thing.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God, I loved Bloodmoon. Bring on the Spriggans that you have to kill three times before they stay dead!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was created to introduce werewolves into TEs III. Otherwise, it wouldn't exist.

I'd rather get sheogorad