Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Signal Fire Zephyr tactics

adirondack
adirondack
✭✭✭✭✭
My magplar has 13.5k stam. I tried using just stamina food to boost it to about 19k, but I still had insufficient stamina to complete the signal fire zephyr achievement in under 35 seconds.

For those of you who have magicka chars, what did you do in order to complete this achievement?

Thanks in advance.

Ray
Ray
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about the order in which you do them.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    could you elaborate?
    Ray
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I start at the north one and work clockwise. I do this to make sure that Stam has a chance to recover before I start, if I had been using any of it. If I need to eat, I do that on the way. Timer starts when the first brazier is lit. There are some guards and NPCs that wander the bridges, so I adjust "lane position" depending on where they are. I try to avoid going down the stairs and back up on the way to the south brazier. After the south brazier, I head to the one closest to the quest giver, watching out for the annoying guard. Once the last brazier is lit, it does not matter, but I just jump off the platform to the ground through the gap in the railing. It is just faster to get the quest done.

Whether that is optimal, I have no idea, but it works.

I use the Lava Foot Soup and Saltrice to boost Stam and stam recovery, but any food that does those two will work.

Skills might not be available for all characters. If a character has no skill to give Major Expedition, use a crafted Speed potion that gives Major Expedition and Major Endurance. This is usually enough to complete the Achievement. Be aware that skills will also use Stamina to give Major Expedition. If that is a problem, keep a potion on hand to restore Stamina.
    Edited by Elsonso on December 16, 2018 3:14PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skills might not be available for all characters. If a character has no skill to give Major Expedition, use a crafted Speed potion that gives Major Expedition and Major Endurance. This is usually enough to complete the Achievement. Be aware that skills will also use Stamina to give Major Expedition. If that is a problem, keep a potion on hand to restore Stamina.

You don't even need to craft it. The New Life boxes will frequently give you 5 of "Roguish Escape Draught". Potion of Stamina + Stamina Regen + Speed. I think a lot of people immediately junk that without realizing it gives everyone the chance to complete the Signal Fire achievement.
  • Barnicle
    Barnicle
    ✭✭✭
    The quickest way is to group with 3 other players then each player stands over a different brazier. All extinguish them together, Run done in a fraction of a second.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    could you elaborate?

Yeah, sorry I typed that on my phone. Start with the one closest to the quest giver (at the stairs across from her), run up and take the first right and do that one, now the next one in the middle and than the last one at the bottom of the furthest stairs.

Edit: I did this with only 12K stamina and had like 8 seconds left on the timer.
    Edited by The Uninvited on December 16, 2018 3:47PM
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some good suggestions here folks - I appreciate it. I think I was using a similar route to what was suggested; with a combination of lava foot soup and a few Race Against Time casts, I think I can do it.

Thanks all. I gave everyone an awesome.

Ray
    Ray
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grab the next AP from the daily rewards, IIRC that should grant you access to the PvP skill lines - then get yourself rapids. That plus stamina foods should have to do it easy.
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some people have weird issues...

I did this with rapid maneuver on my magblade that just has 10k stamina and now that I think about it I should've used twisting path.
    And how did I do it? I started at the first one and went counter clockwise, ez win.
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My magplar used Rapid Maneuver, the first skill in the alliance war skill line and a stam pot.

Both are easily obtained
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--