Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 21
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Female Bosmer in New Life Frost Skin (Screen Shot)

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
A few days ago someone on these forums asked to see what a female bosmer looked like in the frost skin. I can't find the original post, but here is a screen shot.

45421842565_701645e746_h.jpg
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, sorry, I still haven't seen this thing look good.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwwww, so tiny.
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Ugh, sorry, I still haven't seen this thing look good.
    You need to build around the look

Edited by Aliyavana on December 16, 2018 6:58AM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if you got rid of that hideous outfit?

It's a skin after all, not a face-window ...
    dry.gif

Edited by SirAndy on December 16, 2018 7:01AM
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Maybe if you got rid of that hideous outfit?

It's a skin after all, not a face-window ...
    dry.gif

Sorry I was not very clear.

I have no intention of keeping that frost skin on this character. I don’t like it either. But someone requested a screen shot and here it is.

I may use the frost skin on my nord warden though.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That skin just destroys faces, and it only looks good with like 2 out the 20 possible hair colors.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    That skin just destroys faces, and it only looks good with like 2 out the 20 possible hair colors.

Agree, it makes good faces look like a sheet of ice after it just got ice skated all over
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not going to lie. Probably my least favourite skin. Heck, I have not been the greatest fan of any of these "elemental" skins.

What would I like, though? A skin that made your character look pale-white. Stuff like that.

Less monster skins, more "expanded character creation" skins please!
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, not in the least enticed to go grind out dailies for that.
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    I love my bosmer, but sorry that portrait of your bosmer is ugly!

Wish I knew where to post some images of mine. There so many scams and *** on the net! I haven't figure out how to use the Cloud Storage.
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks good on Argonians.

XzZPycW.png

Only three problems:
    - there are no viable ice-based builds outside of wardens
    - we don't have enough revealing costumes,
    - the only proper chrome dye in game is available to some 0.01% of players :p

db2JuYi.png
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The moment I saw "female Bosmer" I knew @Aliyavana would be in here
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s cool n all but it’s not very flattering. I’ll probably only wear it on my argonians.
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say how much I really like your character's overall look (yes, even with the skin!) it's very robinhood-like and so fitting for a bosmer. I love her clothing, especially. What is she wearing? @BlueRaven
    Edited by ArchangelIsraphel on December 16, 2018 2:52PM
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The skin kind of reminds me of the white Walker king from Game of Thrones
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say how much I really like your character's overall look (yes, even with the skin!) it's very robinhood-like and so fitting for a bosmer. I love her clothing, especially. What is she wearing? BlueRaven

The clothing is the Altmer Hero costume.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks good on Argonians.

XzZPycW.png

Only three problems:
    - there are no viable ice-based builds outside of wardens
    - we don't have enough revealing costumes,
    - the only proper chrome dye in game is available to some 0.01% of players :p

db2JuYi.png

Which chrome dye are you referring to? I’ve been looking for a good chrome dye for one of my characters, and can’t seem to find anything worthwhile.

Also, you’re pretty much the only person I’ve seen so far who has managed to make this skin look good, so kudos to you.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    The moment I saw "female Bosmer" I knew @Aliyavana would be in here

LOL I had the same thought.
    Edited by Thogard on December 16, 2018 3:07PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Couple of Bosmer pics...

Second one has Dark Emphasis Eyelashes and Blue Lip Tint - nothing else (that I have) shows up, apart from Scarlet Lipstick, which looked downright odd.

IceElf.jpg

Hair (especially the eyebrows) looks a bit weird with this skin, which is why I think Argonians have the advantage. White hair (which this toon does not have) might help - not sure.

On the whole, I think it's a nice skin and my screenshots (and all the others I've seen) don't do it justice. Might be fun to build a character around it.

EDIT:

Adding a toon with lots of hair. You can all be the judge.

IceBreton.jpg

Edited by Riverlynn on December 16, 2018 4:32PM
    My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

Unicorns and cannonballs, palaces and piers
    Trumpets, towers and tenements, wide oceans full of tears.
    Flags, rags ferryboats, scimitars and scarves
    Every precious dream and vision, underneath the stars.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riverlynn wrote: »
    Couple of Bosmer pics...

Second one has Dark Emphasis Eyelashes and Blue Lip Tint - nothing else (that I have) shows up, apart from Scarlet Lipstick, which looked downright odd.

IceElf.jpg

Hair (especially the eyebrows) looks a bit weird with this skin, which is why I think Argonians have the advantage. White hair (which this toon does not have) might help - not sure.

On the whole, I think it's a nice skin and my screenshots (and all the others I've seen) don't do it justice. Might be fun to build a character around it.

It looks nice with the Psijic skullcap!
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭
    It looks nice with the Psijic skullcap!

Yep - I thought so...was the most 'icy' thing I had to cover her hair. :)

My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

• TaliColdwater
    TaliColdwater
    ✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    A few days ago someone on these forums asked to see what a female bosmer looked like in the frost skin. I can't find the original post, but here is a screen shot.

45421842565_701645e746_h.jpg

I kinda like it. It's weird, but cool, haha. And I love her outfit and hair color/style.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not going to lie. Probably my least favourite skin. Heck, I have not been the greatest fan of any of these "elemental" skins.

What would I like, though? A skin that made your character look pale-white. Stuff like that.

Less monster skins, more "expanded character creation" skins please!

The scalecaller skin does that
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say how much I really like your character's overall look (yes, even with the skin!) it's very robinhood-like and so fitting for a bosmer. I love her clothing, especially. What is she wearing? @BlueRaven

Thanks! The robin hood comparison was not something I was going for, but when a friend pointed it out it's something I cannot unsee. lol

As others have said the main costume is the "Elven Hero Armor" and the hat is "Feathered Bycoket Cap", both recolored.

I wanted something that looked a bit more sophisticated but still Wood Elven like. (Until ESO I had pictured Bosmer society to be more Tolkien like, and it is a stereotype I can't shake.)

Here she is with a bow.

31402377477_7b5a0b0540_h.jpg
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BlueRaven Thank you for the larger picture with a bow! >w< She looks so amazing. And thank you for telling me the name of the hat and the outfit, I'll definitely need to get them for my bosmer boy when they roll around again.

I too keep thinking of the Bosmer as being more Tolkien-like in their aesthetics until playing ESO. I always find myself going for that look when decorating their homes and dressing them instead of using the racial motifs and furnishings (My undying love for Thranduil and all things elven in the books and movies does not help haha) But I definitely see the Tolkien in her design as well ^_^
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Thanks! The robin hood comparison was not something I was going for, but when a friend pointed it out it's something I cannot unsee. lol

As others have said the main costume is the "Elven Hero Armor" and the hat is "Feathered Bycoket Cap", both recolored.

I wanted something that looked a bit more sophisticated but still Wood Elven like. (Until ESO I had pictured Bosmer society to be more Tolkien like, and it is a stereotype I can't shake.)

Here she is with a bow.

31402377477_7b5a0b0540_h.jpg

Awww
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of you clearly take screenshots from the character selection screen but how are you getting the buttons, like PLAY which covers the feet, to go away? Also I can't zoom out to get my staff in the screenshot, is there a way?
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm...now I’m not sorry that the writs aren’t dropping for me.
  • MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    Super cute @BlueRaven! Her hairstyle is...

I thought it was the "barbaric windblown" but it looks like one I haven't seen.
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭
    MamaDruid wrote: »
    Super cute @BlueRaven! Her hairstyle is...

I thought it was the "barbaric windblown" but it looks like one I haven't seen.

Barbaric hair looks like that if you add a hat. :)
    Edited by Riverlynn on December 16, 2018 10:07PM

• MamaDruid
    MamaDruid
    ✭✭✭
    Riverlynn wrote: »
    Barbaric hair looks like that if you add a hat. :)

Thanks! I did not know that it made a new hairstyle with a hat. I tend to not wear hats, but I will now for that specific look!
    Most people go through life dreading they'll have a traumatic experience. Freaks were born with their trauma. They've already passed their test in life. They're aristocrats.
    ― Diane Arbus