Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Characters missing again!

Jaberwahky
I dont know what i did to upset someone at zos but this constantly deleting my toons has got to stop.
I am tried of logging in to see that my main toon is missing from the character selection screen again for the 4th time in less than a month. No one else is logging into my account. "I check my device history" and no one else has access to my xbox. Therefore the only other option is someone higher up in the chain is maliciously deleting my characters. What do i have to do to fix this.
Edited by Jaberwahky on December 16, 2018 6:34PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Jaberwahky

If you continue to find your characters missing when you login, please open a ticket with customer support so we can investigate.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Jaberwahky
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @Jaberwahky

If you continue to find your characters missing when you login, please open a ticket with customer support so we can investigate.
    I opened a ticket. I keep getting the character restored for which i am truly greatful but the reason they are continually missing is being overlooked. And now i have someone sending fake tickets. I have checked and no one is signing into my account and no one has access to my xbox. Any suggestions as to what i should do?

Edited by Jaberwahky on December 17, 2018 11:57PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change passwords. For ESO, ESO Support, your Xbox live login, and the email address you associated with your eso account. Change them to complex passwords, and don't use the same one for each login. Do it now.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Jaberwahky
    I have did that 4 times in the last 2 weeks
  • Jaberwahky
    Not only do my characres keep disappearing but On December 14th at 7:58 p.m. a support ticket was sent in under my name asking that all my champion points be deleted and my characters reset to level one I was at home Signed in to my xbox watching Netflix So explain to me How it is possible for a ticket to be sent in under my name without someone signing in because it would have signed me out of my xbox if they had done so.
    Edited by Jaberwahky on December 17, 2018 8:19PM
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaberwahky wrote: »
    Not only do my characres keep disappearing but On December 14th at 7:58 p.m. a support ticket was sent in under my name asking that all my champion points be deleted and my characters reset to level one I was at home Signed in to my xbox watching Netflix So explain to me How it is possible for a ticket to be sent in under my name without someone signing in because it would have signed me out of my xbox if they had done so.

Nah that wouldn't have signed you out because they just sign into your eso account on the support site to submit tickets.

Now this issue as a whole is definitely somebody screwing with you. Someone somewhere is pissed at you obviously, and they're taking it out on your eso account. No idea how to fix this though other than the usual thing of changing passwords. Maybe you could change emails and your account name the same time as your password?

I know there's also software that can steal your passwords, but idk if you're signing in only via your xbox. If you're signing into these places via a computer or smartphone maybe somebody has infected your device with one of those? I'm technologically inept though so maybe im wrong on that one haha. Still this should definitely be looked into more from your end and support's to find out the heck is going on.
  • Jaberwahky

Nah that wouldn't have signed you out because they just sign into your eso account on the support site to submit tickets.

Now this issue as a whole is definitely somebody screwing with you. Someone somewhere is pissed at you obviously, and they're taking it out on your eso account. No idea how to fix this though other than the usual thing of changing passwords. Maybe you could change emails and your account name the same time as your password?

I know there's also software that can steal your passwords, but idk if you're signing in only via your xbox. If you're signing into these places via a computer or smartphone maybe somebody has infected your device with one of those? I'm technologically inept though so maybe im wrong on that one haha. Still this should definitely be looked into more from your end and support's to find out the heck is going on.

You're right. I didnt think about tickets sent via support site but that still doesn't explain how they can delete characters without signing into my account. Did i *** off a dev...😱
    Edited by Jaberwahky on December 17, 2018 11:47PM
  • Jaberwahky
    To show the trouble i have been going through, these are all in reference to characters being deleted by unknown persons.6j45y2uest2k.jpg
    6iar0epk8o6l.jpg

Edited by Jaberwahky on December 17, 2018 11:52PM
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You're right. I didnt think about tickets sent via support site but that still doesn't explain how they can delete characters without signing into my account. Did i *** off a dev...😱

They definitely would have had to sign in somehow. If it's anything like playstation your account can be signed in on multiple xboxes, but then you said it's not showing that anyone has signed in. Have you contacted microsoft about this? They could possibly track down whoever is doing this and do something about it.

Honestly the fact that anyone would go to this length is ridiculous and speaks fathoms about that person. Can you think of anyone you know or have known that would do anything like this? Cause this doesn't seem like some random troll or something.
  • Jaberwahky

They definitely would have had to sign in somehow. If it's anything like playstation your account can be signed in on multiple xboxes, but then you said it's not showing that anyone has signed in. Have you contacted microsoft about this? They could possibly track down whoever is doing this and do something about it.

Honestly the fact that anyone would go to this length is ridiculous and speaks fathoms about that person. Can you think of anyone you know or have known that would do anything like this? Cause this doesn't seem like some random troll or something.

I can't think of anyone. Only thing i know is it all started after i sent in a feedback ticket voicing my opinion about the nerfing of the harden ward skill, grant it i was upset with it. The day after i sent the ticket this all started.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very random suggestion - is it possible for support to tell the IP address these requests are coming from? Then they would be able to tell real you from not real you and narrow down geographically where the culprit is - if there is significant distance between you.

This perhaps needs some support co-ordination higher up rather than someone just responding to each individual ticket as you submit it.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Jaberwahky
    A very random suggestion - is it possible for support to tell the IP address these requests are coming from? Then they would be able to tell real you from not real you and narrow down geographically where the culprit is - if there is significant distance between you.

This perhaps needs some support co-ordination higher up rather than someone just responding to each individual ticket as you submit it.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I don't know. If it is that would help tremendously.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't think of anyone. Only thing i know is it all started after i sent in a feedback ticket voicing my opinion about the nerfing of the harden ward skill, grant it i was upset with it. The day after i sent the ticket this all started.

Well I don't think it's anyone from zos doing it otherwise half the people here would be getting crap deleted lol you should definitely contact microsoft, see if they can figure out what's up.

Oh also set up two factor authentication next time you change your passwords, if you don't have it set up already. Should also check to see if there's a way you can log off your account from every device it's signed in on, so then if somebody tries logging in you'll know because you'll get a verification code texted to you.
  • Jaberwahky

Well I don't think it's anyone from zos doing it otherwise half the people here would be getting crap deleted lol you should definitely contact microsoft, see if they can figure out what's up.

Oh also set up two factor authentication next time you change your passwords, if you don't have it set up already. Should also check to see if there's a way you can log off your account from every device it's signed in on, so then if somebody tries logging in you'll know because you'll get a verification code texted to you.

I'm not sure what to think. All i know is this stuff is happening while im signed into my account. So i have no idea what to think. I am completely puzzled
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure what to think. All i know is this stuff is happening while im signed into my account. So i have no idea what to think. I am completely puzzled

Just contact microsoft support and eso support, and take those other precautions like the 2 factor authentication plus password changes on your accounts. For the eso support you'll likely get automated replies, but respond to those and they'll eventually get to a real person who will look into it. You could probably call or do one of those chat things with microsoft support, so that'll be pretty quick to start getting things investigated on their end.

Hopefully after all that things will be taken care of and nobody will jack around with your account anymore!
  • Jaberwahky

Just contact microsoft support and eso support, and take those other precautions like the 2 factor authentication plus password changes on your accounts. For the eso support you'll likely get automated replies, but respond to those and they'll eventually get to a real person who will look into it. You could probably call or do one of those chat things with microsoft support, so that'll be pretty quick to start getting things investigated on their end.

Hopefully after all that things will be taken care of and nobody will jack around with your account anymore!

I get started on that asap. Thank you for all your advice. Hope it all works out. (Fingers crossed)