The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Minor Mangle on Rune Cage?

IAVITNI
IAVITNI
✭✭✭✭✭
Thoughts?
  • Dr3sden
    Dr3sden
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer a DoT, but this is also a possibility.

A couple thoughts...
    Minor Mangle would help with HP tanks, arguably sorcs' biggest weakness. It would help to a lesser extent with your average HP pool players, that's fine.
    The thing about this debuff is the timing. For it to contribute to a burst combo, it has to be applied first, before dealing any damage. I am having Curse-Fury-Meteor-Cage-Frag in mind. The intitial Fury impact would probably eat the pseudo-damage Mangle provides. Also, if it gets applied when Cage impacts, it'll be useless for the burst. I would suggest applying the debuff upon cast therefore. That would make the debuff undodgable, though, for better or worse.
    Mangle still doesn't apply real pressure. Sorcs desperately need a good DoT. Putting this on Rune Cage would make it appealing to use over Master Reach. I can't see people dropping their Master staves for Minor Mangle. This is the biggest contra point I have.
    Edited by Lord-Otto on December 15, 2018 11:08PM
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Minor mangle is only good on players and so is rune cage.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    I'd prefer a DoT, but this is also a possibility.

A couple thoughts...
    Minor Mangle would help with HP tanks, arguably sorcs' biggest weakness. It would help to a lesser extent with your average HP pool players, that's fine.
    The thing about this debuff is the timing. For it to contribute to a burst combo, it has to be applied first, before dealing any damage. I am having Curse-Fury-Meteor-Cage-Frag in mind. The intitial Fury impact would probably eat the pseudo-damage Mangle provides. Also, if it gets applied when Cage impacts, it'll be useless for the burst. I would suggest applying the debuff upon cast therefore. That would make the debuff undodgable, though, for better or worse.
    Mangle still doesn't apply real pressure. Sorcs desperately need a good DoT. Putting this on Rune Cage would make it appealing to use over Master Reach. I can't see people dropping their Master staves for Minor Mangle. This is the biggest contra point I have.

Great points and many that I had thought of before. The point of having it apply on cast was a major pain point for me as well. Minor Mangle on the destro skill is undodgable and an AoE so I doubt this would be much of an issue.

Mangle doesn't apply real pressure, but it applies a lot of pressure against a good sorc. For the average player, thats upwards of 2k health gone, health that can't be healed. This also increases the chance of execute, which is where sorc struggles right now against the current tanky meta. Sorc pressure has never really been damage pressure. Sorc pressure has always been more about passively forcing opponents on the defensive because a single mis-step will result in an instant kill. Minor Mangle keeps that theme.

I prefer the idea of a a DoT myself as it would be more universally useful, but exploring Minor Mangle on Cage could be very interesting. A class DoT just doesn't really feel like it belongs on a sorc. Its a bit of an RP issue for me so I wouldn't put up a fuss either way, just saying Minor Mangle feels more lore friendly than a DoT.

Master Reach also takes up a weapon slot, forcing people into proc sets. There are plenty of combinations that beat out double barred proc sets (i know the point of proc sets is ability to back bar, point is double barring 2 stat sets is enough of an incentive to drop master)
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried using the Pulsar in my flex spot just to apply Mangle. I noticed that Templars frequently purge it, probably without even realizing it. Everybody else had it on them for more than 30 seconds! I would welcome a debuff like this on Cage, but I would rather have a strong DoT.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE