The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

COMBAT PETS

Atypicalgal
Atypicalgal
✭✭
I would love some combat pets , wanted them since the beginning. If we got a hunter class with them that would be awesome .
We already have the bear with the warden class . I think it would be great to expand upon that.
Think wolves, big cats ( tigers, lions, leopards), birds of prey.
There could even be re-skins ( different colour variations ) available in the store to differentiate and customise pets.

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also have the Sorc.

I do not think adding classes for the sake of adding classes is good for any game. Most games that do that it is because the game itself is not very good.

More important is that Zos already has issues balancing and managing what we already have. Adding another class just because will merely compound that impactful issue.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unless it adds some sort of new niche <Beastlords in EQ1 for instance> new classes aren't really needed . New weapons/guilds/even class lines are essentially enough with this game.
    Edited by karekiz on December 14, 2018 9:42PM
  • Atypicalgal
    Atypicalgal
    ✭✭
    All I'm suggesting is a bit of variety , If an entire class isn't needed then they could add new forms for the warden bear, make it possible to choose it's shape ( wolf, cat, eagle) something like that.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pardon me but did you really need to start a new thread on this? Not that I necessarily disagree, I'm all for a greater variety of pets for my Warden and Sorcs, but there's a large multitude of already existing threads on this.
  • GrumpyDuckling
    GrumpyDuckling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    We also have the Sorc.

I do not think adding classes for the sake of adding classes is good for any game. Most games that do that it is because the game itself is not very good.

More important is that Zos already has issues balancing and managing what we already have. Adding another class just because will merely compound that impactful issue.

Adding a class "just because" is different than adding a class because it would be fun. I think the OP's post is more about it being fun because they posted that it would be "awesome" if it existed.
  • Atypicalgal
    Atypicalgal
    ✭✭
    Pardon me but did you really need to start a new thread on this? Not that I necessarily disagree, I'm all for a greater variety of pets for my Warden and Sorcs, but there's a large multitude of already existing threads on this.

My bad, I didn't check beforehand . It's an idea I've had for quite a while, just wanted to throw my two cents out there. :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple, just put every class ability in one big pool and let us freely chose which ones we want to run.

w00t.gif

• Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps Spellcrafting someday will allow this, still want to summon flame atronach and compleate my roleplay.
    ZOS say it not dead and datamine say its was awesome

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2xpn39/data_mining_spellcrafting_what_is_it_and_what_are/
    YMjyl2F.jpg
    HTDHmev.jpg
    BIg6t6u.jpg

Edited by Konstant_Tel_Necris on December 15, 2018 1:21PM
  • Atypicalgal
    Atypicalgal
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Spellcrafting someday will allow this, still want to summon flame atronach and compleate my roleplay.
    ZOS say it not dead and datamine say its was awesome

https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2xpn39/data_mining_spellcrafting_what_is_it_and_what_are/
    YMjyl2F.jpg
    HTDHmev.jpg
    BIg6t6u.jpg

Damn !! I forgot about spellcrafting . They could release it with the next Chapter, like they did with Jewellery crafting in Summerset.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy if my alliance war dog just barked at a bad guy once in a while...

He's all armored up, follows me like he's got my back, but when the stuff hits the fan - he 's nowhere to be found. I don't need him to go all Cujo on stuff, but he could at least get a little pissed that I'm getting my butt kicked.
  • Riverlynn
    Riverlynn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be happy if my alliance war dog just barked at a bad guy once in a while...

He's all armored up, follows me like he's got my back, but when the stuff hits the fan - he 's nowhere to be found. I don't need him to go all Cujo on stuff, but he could at least get a little pissed that I'm getting my butt kicked.

This.

Can we just have some attack style animations for the nc pets - no actual attack or damage, but an effect that makes it feel like they're part of the same game I'm playing?
    My accountant told me to invest my money in bonds. So I bought 100 copies of Goldfinger.

Unicorns and cannonballs, palaces and piers
    Trumpets, towers and tenements, wide oceans full of tears.
    Flags, rags ferryboats, scimitars and scarves
    Every precious dream and vision, underneath the stars.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We also have the Sorc.

Adding a class "just because" is different than adding a class because it would be fun. I think the OP's post is more about it being fun because they posted that it would be "awesome" if it existed.

Really what you are saying is it should be added "just because' you think it would be fun. Considering the pale response this thread had received so far it does not seem many agree.

Since we already have two classes with "pets" it seems pretty well taken care of. It does not make sense to have half the classes summoning.

If Zos were to add a class there are probably better choices that could add something we do not already have.
    Edited by idk on December 15, 2018 4:45PM
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Riverlynn wrote: »

This.

Can we just have some attack style animations for the nc pets - no actual attack or damage, but an effect that makes it feel like they're part of the same game I'm playing?

EXACTLY! I don't need or even want him to do damage, just act like he cares.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the warden class was an awesome addition to ESO, my only critique was that the warden class copied every other nature based class in every othe MMORPG and had a focus on the bear. Nature based MMORPG classes always have something to do with a bear, whether its a pet or they transform into one. The reskin idea has been brought up to ZOS and they have commented that it was a great idea. Whether it is something that will come into fruition, nobody knows but the Devs. I fully support this
  • Atypicalgal
    Atypicalgal
    ✭✭
    We also have the Sorc.

Really what you are saying is it should be added "just because' you think it would be fun. Considering the pale response this thread had received so far it does not seem many agree.

Since we already have two classes with "pets" it seems pretty well taken care of. It does not make sense to have half the classes summoning.

If Zos were to add a class there are probably better choices that could add something we do not already have.

As I said before , variety is the spice of life friend. Right now options for combat pets are limited to either Daedra pets or the Bear. What's wrong with a little more choice?
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love some combat pets , wanted them since the beginning. If we got a hunter class with them that would be awesome .
    We already have the bear with the warden class . I think it would be great to expand upon that.
    Think wolves, big cats ( tigers, lions, leopards), birds of prey.
    There could even be re-skins ( different colour variations ) available in the store to differentiate and customise pets.

It would be nice if the pets served some purpose for combat. I might would use them if they did. Otherwise I don't think they are worth the space they take up on my screen.

Maybe make them pick up loot for you or provide a modest buff. Something.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SHAPESHIFTER
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Atypicalgal
    Atypicalgal
    ✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »
    SHAPESHIFTER

OMG ! Yes !! I would love to play as a Shapeshifting Wyrd Sister!!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make them unsummon automatically when entering city, really annoying, especially now when all sorcs went to petsorc builds.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All I'm suggesting is a bit of variety , If an entire class isn't needed then they could add new forms for the warden bear, make it possible to choose it's shape ( wolf, cat, eagle) something like that.

Yeah, we only had one extra CE edition bear skin. Why not add more skins and pettypes for the warden.
    I want a fox or wolf. I hate bears.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • S'yn
    S'yn
    ✭✭✭
    How about a pet that automatically tea bags your kills? That would be useful!
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just add 6 more classes please. It's 4 years we deserve more glasses. Give each a new pet.
    Account: @Delsana
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Simple, just put every class ability in one big pool and let us freely chose which ones we want to run.

w00t.gif

This will never happen. It would make combat builds so boring. There would be one meta and if you are not close to that meta then do not bother showing up.

Anyone with good experience in top MMORPGs understands the importance of class flavor.
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

w00t.gif

This will never happen. It would make combat builds so boring. There would be one meta and if you are not close to that meta then do not bother showing up.

Anyone with good experience in top MMORPGs understands the importance of class flavor.

Already so boring, same skills for 4+ years straight! Oh in heavens.
    FREE CRAFTING (NA PC) SIDENOTE: Hel'phaer is a Grand Master Crafter with almost every motif (excluding Buoyant, Meridian, Coldsnap, Grim Harlequin, Tsaesci, Pellitine, and Elder Argonian because can't afford it) and will craft attractive quality and visually appealing training gear or combat sets for those interested. FREE gear for players below CP 160 (equivalent level of 210), and paid gear in some form from those CP 160 or higher.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be tempted to switch my warden back to using the "bear" if I could get it to look like my nix ox mount. Especially if when I dismounted the "bear" would appear where the mount was at. And the "bear" move up to where the mount would appear when mounting. I would definitely sacrifice mounting speed just to have the transition seamless. It would even be better if it could have the actual nix ox animations for combat too.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be tempted to switch my warden back to using the "bear" if I could get it to look like my nix ox mount. Especially if when I dismounted the "bear" would appear where the mount was at. And the "bear" move up to where the mount would appear when mounting. I would definitely sacrifice mounting speed just to have the transition seamless. It would even be better if it could have the actual nix ox animations for combat too.

Ah, but Nix Ox are passive creatures. They defend territory but territory is not a roving thing. It would be a good guard dog tho at your house.
  • IsharaMeradin
    IsharaMeradin
    ✭✭✭✭

Ah, but Nix Ox are passive creatures. They defend territory but territory is not a roving thing. It would be a good guard dog tho at your house.

Just means that that particular Nix Ox was trained well and considers the owner (player) as part of their "territory" / "pack"

But yeah, it is on guard at my house... right next to my Pride Lion Senche. And I like to think that the one that spawns right outside the gate (Amaya Lake Lodge in Vvardenfell) is also guarding the place. But his training didn't stick so well. He's good on the attack but not so good on knowing friend from foe.
    PC-NA / PC-EU
    ID @IsharaMeradin
    Characters NA
    Verin Jenet Eshava - Dark Elf Warden (main)
    Nerissa Valin - Imperial Necromancer (secondary)
    Lugsa-Lota-Stuph - Argonian Sorcerer
    Leanne Martin - Breton Templar
    Latash Gra-Ushaba - Orc Dragonknight
    Ishara Merádin - Redguard Nightblade
    Arylina Loreal - High Elf Sorcerer
    Sasha al'Therin - Nord Necromancer
    Paula Roseróbloom - Wood Elf Warden
    Ja'Linga - Khajiit Arcanist

Characters EU
    Shallan Veil - Wood Elf Warden

ID @IsharaMeradin-Epic
    Characters NA
    Ja'Sassy-Daro - Khajiit Nightblade
  • Delsanab14_ESO
    Delsanab14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

Just means that that particular Nix Ox was trained well and considers the owner (player) as part of their "territory" / "pack"

But yeah, it is on guard at my house... right next to my Pride Lion Senche. And I like to think that the one that spawns right outside the gate (Amaya Lake Lodge in Vvardenfell) is also guarding the place. But his training didn't stick so well. He's good on the attack but not so good on knowing friend from foe.

Ahh yes, he probably lives by the mantra: It is better to kill everything you see rather than to not kill everything you see and regret it.
  • SpireofSouls
    SpireofSouls
    ✭✭
    Well that good news and bad news, but some players don't like that bear as for warden class and too bad you cant turn that into something else. The taming ability in World of Warcraft is epic and too bad this game doesn't have it.

Also would like to point out, to have mercs in this game like Everquest II has. It can help for some players that want to solo.

Not very many players will want to spend time with you, they got better things to do or you are not worth hanging out with. But I do agreed, that need more options for players that has combat pets and able to change them into something else.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, although I would have thought they could just add them to the Warden class?

Ideally, they would add taming of lots of different types of animals - but, even just a few more, or just different skins for the existing summons, would be nice.

...and I don't mean, by different skins, only different coloured bears.

Although, that would be nice, too.