The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transmute crystal

melkor97
melkor97
Soul Shriven
hi all, im pretty new and i don't know all the game, so pardon my ignorance.
i have 200 crystal and a lot of geode; i play without eso plus so my storage is full and i cant go to clockward city to use those crystal. Do I have to keep them or can I throw them away without worries? how many geode do you hold?
in the crown store there is the trasmutation station, its better take the dlc or the trasmutation station?
  • Namarkas
    Namarkas
    ✭✭✭
    You of course do not need to keep them, however what you can easily do is to find a guild or some friends/nice people that have a transmute station in their house. There you can use it.
    If you want to buy a transmute station, they are also available for 1,250 writ vouchers, which means they are also sold by other players.
    EDIT: If you don't have the gold/vouchers, don't want to join a guild and really want to transmute, I would rather buy the DLC. Usually crown store furnishings don't come cheap, and CwC has a decent questline, + a trial aswell (and is probably cheaper than the station).
    Edited by Namarkas on December 14, 2018 6:34PM
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good question as far as I know they are only usable to change traits on items that you will use and you can hold up to a max of 200. I tried using them on two rings I created that weren't bound to me to resell them since I'm nearing 200 and transmuting them caused them to be bound so wasted 100 of them. So unless you are going to be changing traits for your personal items I don't see why it would hurt anything to throw them away.

I used the CW city station for a while then joined a guild with one.

I may be incorrect on some of this, I've only been playing about 4 months or so.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can only use them or destroy them. You can't sell or trade them. You can't sell or trade any items that have been transmuted.

Best bet, if you are a CP 160 player, find jewelry or weapons that you want to use for your character (or an alt) and transmute it to the trait you want. Weapons and jewelry are the hardest to get in the desired trait. With 200, you can do that to 4 items.
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    Research the nirnhoned trait for weapons...if you have that trait researched..you can transmute random weapons to nirnhoned..deconstruct them..and sell off the nirnhoned stone you get in return..can get at least 10K per trait stone last I saw..