The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So Tired of EVERYTHING Costing Gems!!!!

GaM3rGA1
GaM3rGA1
✭✭
Im sure there are more people then just myself having things cost crown gems!!!! Why cant we have the option to just buy the ice mount and pet w regular crowns!!! Im so ready to just give up on this game just so sick of it!!!
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything? pretty sure it was just one or 2 things?
  • tactx
    tactx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're going to give up playing a game over a couple of items costing gems? Grow up.
    “No one's happiness but my own is in my power to achieve or to destroy.” - John Galt, Atlas Shrugged
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount costs gems because ZOS' data told them that players have too many gems, so they need to offer nice stuff for lots of gems to get those gems out of player's pockets so they'll buy more crates again. Also, they need to cut down on the free crown crates, so players buy more crates.

And if some players don't have the gems, and want to buy the mount anyway, and buy crown crates in order to get gems, this is a bonus.

And Crown gems and Crown Crates exist because ZOS makes more profits making you gamble for what you want than by listing all the items in the Crown Store.

Yea, it's frustrating for the consumer, but at least ZOS profits, right?

(I don't buy Crown Crates, ever. Even if we never get another free one.)
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    (I don't buy Crown Crates, ever. Even if we never get another free one.)

Me neither. Never will. They can offer overpriced shinies as much as they like - I still won't buy crates. I can also mod my own shinies into other games - and do a better job of them most of the time too. For free.

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyperbole is not a good way to make a point.

It's very easy to dismiss your complaint by saying not everything costs gems - in fact there's only been a few items (3 I think) which were only available for gems. Even the other crate items don't have to cost gems, you could get them as a drop from the crates.

But that does no one any good - you get a useless answer which I assume you already knew and then your complaint looks like a misunderstanding which everyone else (including ZOS) can safely ignore.

It would be better to explain why you're unhappy with some items only being available for gems and that you'd be very happy to buy them directly if that was possible.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The disconnect here is I don't think people actually understand the currency exchange rates and what things typically cost.

That 600 gems would require you to blow up 19 of the new plants, it would require you to get all of the booger weapons and then repeat them all twice to get 600 gems.

You would have to roll a resplendant sweetroll and blow it up for 400 and still you would have to blow up 6 of the new plants.

The reason, in my opinion, that the mount is being sold for gems is a simple one. You actually have proven the point in your initial post.

People are generally more concerned with their image and perceived wealth than anything else in a multiplayer game.

Raiders get skins and polymorphs
    PvPers get scrolls, thrones, gladiator costumes and rank symbols
    Whales get massive houses and exclusive mounts and pets
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I think that the OP has a fair point, however he hasn't really elaborated on it enough. A better question would be to ask why so much potential content is being shunted into crown crates and the crown store in a game where a player can pay a subscription fee.

Mounts, houses and cosmetic rewards have been the lifeblood of MMO's since their inception, they're what entices players to keep on playing over the long term and keeps them engaged with the content on offer. More rewards means longer spent playing the game itself, which in turn then increases the value of the game in the customer's eyes because they feel they've gotten their money's worth from the title.

When a company starts putting more and more reward incentives behind RMT paywalls and gambling boxes, the game is left a shallower experience because there are no more 'big' rewards to earn by actually playing the game. Worse still, when the rewards placed behind these paywalls are clearly items that in any other MMO would be the long term rewards players would remain engaged to attain (the radiant apex lizard mounts, for example) it devalues the title in the customer's eyes, because they see that even if they engage with the game and pay a subscription fee they will not get the full experience without shelling out additional money.

Right now Zenimax and Bethesda are treading a very fine line, because after years of choosing to strip content from in game events and DLC/Expansion packs to place onto the crown store they feel confident enough to strip more and more away from their new offerings to sell at quite frankly exorbitant prices, and in very predatory manners that target specifically vulnerable problem groups such as gambling addicts.

Gems are a symptom of the problem ESO faces. Lessening the amount of items bought exclusively with gems won't help; only the full removal of the crown crate system and an extreme pruning of the crown store will.
  • Matchimus
    Matchimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want the plants. I have taken a screenshot of them, printed, and I stick them on my screen then sit back and admire my garden.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be bitter like you but then I discovered that I can buy crowns through gold.
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"