The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Why is there no system in place for when a player drops or you are short a player in battlegrounds?

krushhk
krushhk
Soul Shriven
Seriously, been doing a bunch of battlegrounds lately, and when a match starts, and you don't get a full team, it's almost guaranteed you are going to lose, there should be some kind of system to help remedy this to make the the match still playable, otherwise you are pretty much better off just leaving and, but then you have the 20minute cooldown to deal with.

And it's not like it's an uncommon occurrence either, I have it happen like, a quarter of the time, maybe even a third. It's becoming quite ridiculous.

Giving the players a boost to make up for the loss until a substitute is found or something would be one way to make the issue not so difficult, but as it is, when the opponents notice that you only have 3 members, they all gang up on you, and that just isn't fun. Or am I the only one that has this issue?
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is definitely an issue, I really don't see why they don't set the count down to start when all three teams have 4 players instead of 3. The next best solution would be some sort of buff for teams down a person, especially if the buff is tailored to the game mode so that its actually beneficial.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually had a game yesterday that started with 2 people on my team (it's not supposed to start counting down until you have 3, but I guess someone crashed before fully loading in?), while the other teams each had 3. By the end of the game, one of the other teams had gotten a 4th, while my team still just had 2.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    match.jpg
    look at this lonely purple guy. i bet he thought that zos is a worthless company which cant create even a matchmaking system. thats why everything is impossible in the game.
  • Get_Packed
    Get_Packed
    ✭✭✭
    It seems as if they are just letting it die
  • ccmedaddy
    ccmedaddy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not a programmer or anything but it can't possibly be that hard to have a working matchmaker in a game like this? There are shoddily made Chinese mobile games that have a better matchmaking system than ESO BGs.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This never happened pre-MMR. Yet another reason why ZOS should get rid of this stupid system...

Edit: just to expand on this, the reason why you often find yourself with three per team, with replacements only being added later, is because there aren’t enough people playing BGs to support the MMR. Those late additions to the team? They are almost always players with higher MMRs than you and your teammates. The matchmaking system plonks them in last because it wasn’t able to find similarly ranked players. If you’re the team who gets stuck with three players until halfway through the BG, while the other teams received a fourth long before you did, then you’re usually losing that match. Get rid of the MMR, and then we’ll go back to starting matches with 4 per team, as was the case when BGs originally launched.
    Edited by Aurielle on December 23, 2018 2:05PM
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    is because there aren’t enough people playing BGs to support the MMR.
    you dont know how many people are playing. i often get into situations like this during prime time when a grouping tool bugs out. does it mean i am alone who do bgs? no it means they hired high school students to write matchmaking system to save some money
    screen.jpg
    Edited by oxygen_thief on December 24, 2018 4:16AM
  • HansProlo
    HansProlo
    ✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    is because there aren’t enough people playing BGs to support the MMR.
    you dont know how many people are playing. i often get into situations like this during prime time when a grouping tool bugs out. does it mean i am alone who do bgs? no it means they hired high school students to write matchmaking system to save some money
    screen.jpg

Did you win this one? ;-)
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’ve played mobile games made by Chinese devs who are able to have a better matchmaking system than this. Seriously, what in God’s name is zos even doing? Like did they just hire your average billy from down the street to run this game? It’s astonishing how so many issues are still unresolved
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a system in place to repopulate BGs, I have encountered an issue several times before now where a person seemingly fails to join in such a way that that slot is still "reserved" or something, and this often locks matches so they can never start because they're waiting for a full roster. Might be a related issue.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • krushhk
    krushhk
    Soul Shriven
    The 20minute lock out is also rubbish, like, I get why it's there, to stop people joining and leaving and joining multiple bgs, but when you have a lag spike (yay for Australia) and get a dc, only to come back and being locked out, it's a real annoyance
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a system in place to repopulate BGs, I have encountered an issue several times before now where a person seemingly fails to join in such a way that that slot is still "reserved" or something, and this often locks matches so they can never start because they're waiting for a full roster. Might be a related issue.

It is. Certain type of joining failures will keep the spot reserved for that person even though that person might even have a deserter penalty.

The no-start matches involve the same bug happening to a group of 2 or more having the same issue.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp