The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Console load screens out of control

dotme
dotme
✭✭✭✭✭
PS4 Vivec is loadscreen central these days. On siege? Loadscreen. Walk around a keep on the wall? Loadscreen. Run from Kingscrest to Arrius? Loadscreen. Loadscreen. Loadscreen. In a fight outside an unflagged keep? Loadscreen.

What the heck is going on with this game? I feel like I spend more time in loadscreens (or stuck in combat for no reason) than I do fighting these days. It's ruining the experience.
PS4NA
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Try the following and see if it helps:
    1. Open one of your guild's rosters and search for your name.
    2. Close the window and play as your normally would.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Try the following and see if it helps:
    1. Open one of your guild's rosters and search for your name.
    2. Close the window and play as your normally would.
    Been there done that. Helps with the lag (a bit) but does nothing to prevent random loadscreens while you're minding your own business riding along, manning a siege, or just scouting the walls of a keep.

Something changed after the console-freeze issue earlier this year, and now many players report loadscreens happening all over the place, and not even always tied to players in the area. Ride from KC to Arrius, Chalman or DClaw when it's quiet and you'll still hit 2-3 loadscreens before you've made it very far.

It didn't used to be this way. I know work was done on rendering. More work is needed.
    PS4NA
  • Ahtu
    Ahtu
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a similar issue on PC a while back. I reset my video settings to default and disabled my add-ons which solved the problem. The only other thing I would try is investing in a solid state drive.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahtu wrote: »
    I had a similar issue on PC a while back. I reset my video settings to default and disabled my add-ons which solved the problem. The only other thing I would try is investing in a solid state drive.
    All good advice and thanks. No add-ons with consoles of course, and many friends who I play with from time to time report the same trouble. It's new - Cyrodiil didn't do this prior to Summerset. Something broke.
    PS4NA