The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Frost atronach crates?

ZarkingFrued
ZarkingFrued
✭✭✭✭✭
So we can now assume there will not be a frost atronach crown crate season, and instead ZOS plans to hide these types of mounts behind a 600 crown gems paywall? What exactly makes a frost atronach mount worth 200 gems more than a flame or storm atro? That's like $150+ for a digital mount in a game I paid 30 bucks for and that will eventually die. 😂
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not sure why anyone is surprised by the pricing. It's no different than charging 1000 crowns more for a spider mount with blue lights or one in black/yellow versus the original one at 3000 crowns. Or charging 2500 crowns for a limited-time senche mount when the regular one in the store is 1800 crowns.

This mount is rare/limited-time, so they're going to charge more. It's what they do. Just because it's labeled "frost atronach" doesn't mean they have to charge the same price as other mounts with "atronach" in the name. And, they could still do a frost atronach season, as this is a sabre cat and not a senche. Or am I not remembering and they have already announced other frost atronach mounts for gems only?
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one said they were surprised. Even when something is expected it can still be integrally wrong. No one "has" to do anything. There is obviously a major difference between what is right, and what simply is. The issue here is the fact that in order to get this you have to literally buy enough crates to get the gems to get it. Collecting 600 gems is gonna run you well over $150, it's just greasy, and aimed at people without self control. At this point I even feel bad buying crowns crates off players for in game gold lol. Selling stuff is one thing, but using marketing techniques specifically designed to foster addiction by manufacturing the rarity of items is just greasy. If you honestly dont see anything wrong with this kind of marketing then I seriously worry about your character.
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just goes back to what I said that zeni hates ice. It always has to be the most difficult to get and least options.,

Only 3 ice sets that are terrible with winterborn bind on pickup with one of he worst grinds in game.

One monster set that underperforms

Last element to get a class warden

Butchered into a dps/tank split then they just abandoned it never going back to give it a clear path making ice as a whole underperforming

Last element to get a arms pack

No frost Atronach crowncrates and anything we do get that’s ice related is always the more expensive...
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unit117 wrote: »
    This just goes back to what I said that zeni hates ice. It always has to be the most difficult to get and least options.,

Only 3 ice sets that are terrible with winterborn bind on pickup with one of he worst grinds in game.

One monster set that underperforms

Last element to get a class warden

Butchered into a dps/tank split then they just abandoned it never going back to give it a clear path making ice as a whole underperforming

Last element to get a arms pack

No frost Atronach crowncrates and anything we do get that’s ice related is always the more expensive...

I think you may be on to something here.
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m still waiting for the storm atro crates- like please release them already- I’m sitting on 57 gems waiting for those Soul-Shriven costumes