The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Reason behind non-deconstructable jewelry post-summerset [was a bug, nvm]

Kova
Kova
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT: Just found out it was a bug that seems to only be affecting me. Submitted a ticket

Anyone know why those sweet purple pieces you get from pvp/battlegrounds can't be deconstructed? I'm not sure if it was explicitly stated somewhere, but I'm guessing this was done to keep people from farming battlegrounds (when it actually works!) and then getting plates that, according to every player that tries jewelry crafting, are considered super duper rare and expensive.

My gripe is that I wish there was an actual in-game reason as to why we can't decon this perfectly good jewelry that is being earned with time and effort. My argument being that I can just as easily farm chests in wrothgar or some other low pop zone and get jewelry at about the same rate, or even farm the first boss of some throw away dungeon.

Maybe they're damaged/cursed? I just have a bit of contempt for design choices that are made "just because."
Edited by Kova on December 10, 2018 11:36PM
EP Sorc: Aydinn
AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
EP Stam Sorc: Kós
AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still get an occasional drop I can't decon. But it is rare.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Are those purple ones labeled 'exemplary'? If so, they are *not* meant to be deconstructed, but *only* used for trait knowledge. That is the same for the exemplary ones for other traits.

@Alassirana

(ps, I don't do any pvp, so am not sure what ones would drop in battlegrounds, hence my questioning)
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds gear should all be deconstructible, @silvermistktralasub17_ESO.