The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

COMPLAINT: Broken BG Queue / Server Performance

Skoomah
Skoomah
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
@ZOS_RobGarrett

Hi Rob. Last night my guild and I tried to organize an event to enjoy some intra-guild battle in Battlegrounds. We gathered 12 people and split up into three teams and all queued up at the exact same time. We also all picked deathmatch game mode. The queue didn’t pop for all three teams after 10 minutes of waiting. We tried re-queueing for an hour straight to get all three teams to pop the queue at the same time with no luck. We further tried this using all different kinds of game modes. No luck.

Problem: Couldn’t get the queues to pop for an organized group wanting to battle each other even though we had enough people for a full match.

Problem: Queue wait times are still so long. Solo queues are 10-20 minutes long. That’s 10-15 minutes of play alongside 10-20 minutes of downtime being bored with farming npcs in a random location waiting for queue to pop.

Problem: MMOs are fun and keeps players coming back because of the network effect. Trying to organize this event required a one week advance notice to get guild members to set aside time on their calendar. This game is best played with friends and guildmates. Seems like we’re punished for having no friends with crazy long solo queues and also punished for having friends when a full 12 person group queues and can’t get it to pop.

Problem: Server performance is very poor. Vivec is incredibly fun because of the amount of action in the zone, but I always lag 2-3 seconds between skills and/or disconnect at the height of battle whenever I’m in there. So I’ve quit trying to play in Cyrodiil. The populations on the other servers are unreliable and most of the time there are vast amounts of area with no enemy players to fight. That’s why I focus on BG pvp.

This is an awesome game when it works. Please help fix the code for group finder and please try to fix server performance.
Edited by Skoomah on December 10, 2018 1:17PM
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They already milked BG money so they wont put much work into it anymore.
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Polite and constructive feedback about a crippling problem, nothing more to add.

Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Vuron
    Vuron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There may have been a big MMR discrepancy between the groups and that is why you weren't being paired against each other.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can arrange mount races in your guild hall.