The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

non-combat pets with time related oddities

silvermistktralasub17_ESO
Now, I know from experience that the Sanguine's Goat tends to get odd on a lunar cycle (I actually monitored this with a clock mod for the game), though I don't remember what cycle exactly it was. I also know that the Dire Pony also tends to have glowing eyes and an oddity occasionally (possibly also on a lunar cycle), and that the Daemon Cockerel occasionally does red-eyes...are there any others? And does anyone else have specifics on what these cycles are? They could, theoretically be useful, (for people looking for bites, etc).

@Alassirana
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always assumed it was just at random times entirely, if it is tied to any times within the game that's pretty interesting.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    I'm aware of the sanguine's goat because I was, for a long time, keeping the 'then-youngest' of my characters in daggerfall for craft writs, and while waiting on writs, I'd notice, occasionally, that the goats eyes would glow and we'd get an odd laugh. It happened often enough that I started checking the clock/calendar, and it always seemed to be during the same phase of the moon. It's been a while, though, since I was doing that, and I don't remember what phase it was.

@Alassirana
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you tag a non-existent user in every forum post?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    That's actually *my* @name in game. And, before you ask, no, I *do not* like using sig files, for personal reasons.

@Alassirana
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's actually *my* @name in game. And, before you ask, no, I *do not* like using sig files, for personal reasons.

@Alassirana
    Just an FYI if you wanted that name on the forums you could actually have ZOS update it for you by posting in this thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/109013/how-do-i-change-username-on-forums
    Just make a post with the name you would like and it'll get processed at some point.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't they glow when it is the vampire spawn night?
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The goat tells you when vampires are out. The pony is supposed to be how you look at it.
  • Zorrin
    Zorrin
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Daemon Cockerel (and I assume also the Daemon Chicken though I don't have it to test this) has glowy eyes every night in game. It's been a couple of months now since I checked, but I think it was from 10pm - 6am.
    Ok, so at least I was right about the goat. It would be interesting to see a few more time-based changes in these. I was pretty certain on the goat being for either full or new moon, the question was still up in the air for me as to which it was. I'll keep an eye out for other things that tend to change. They're always good to look at.

@Alassirana
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not exactly timerelated, but the dwarven theodolite sneaks with u, which is very cute :)