The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Spider Cultist Cowl Set...

Kaspar
Kaspar
✭✭✭
So I've read that perhaps one hand weapons were removed from possibly dropping but other set sites say that weapons of all types are possible for this set. Anyone know if it is possible to get a one hand weapon drop in this set?
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Havent seen one of those for a long time, that doesnt mean they dont exist but i suspect they they got removed with the smart loot thingie some time ago like the viper or ravenger bow...
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why do you want an intentionally broken 5 pc set?
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you want an intentionally broken 5 pc set?

A 1h allows me to maintain the 4 set bonus on the alternate bar from the destro. So I get 2 monster, 5 other set all the time, and then when not on destro bar the 4 set bonus from the spider set. Without it i lose the damage bonus from the spider set or lose the 5 peice bonus from the other set when on destro.

So on destro bar:
    2 monster - all the time
    3 heavy armor, 2 jewelry - 5 set bonus
    2 spider armor, 1 jewelry. spider destro staff - 5 set bonus

On alternate bar:
    2 monster - all the time
    3 heavy armor, 2 jewelry, 1 heavy set weapon - 5 set bonus, 1 redundant from heavy set except you keep trait
    2 spider armor, 1 jewelry, 1 weapon - spider 4 set bonus

I hope that is clear. Without the 1h spider weapon i can't accomplish this without losing some bonus.

Distilled:
    On destro bar: 2 monster + 5 spider + 5 other
    Aternate: 2 monster + 4 spider + 5 other (+trait and enchant from redundant other)

Other sets allow for this.
    Edited by Kaspar on December 10, 2018 12:43PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see what you're going for, but I don't think you'll find those items in the loot table anymore.

It will vary based on your rotation, but you're going to lose either your 5th piece of each set when you swap (4 pieces of each always on, 5th piece completed by the associated weapon) or the 4th and 5th piece of only one set.

Obviously, losing the 5th piece of SC doesn't matter since it wouldn't apply anyway, and you're only losing about half of the 4th pc bonus (depending on how much time you're on each bar).

So, in the end, the loss is not as great as you'd think it would be, even if 100% uptime would be slightly better.

Just something to think about. Good luck!
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just use willpower dual wield on your back bar, will give you more stats then the 4th set piece of spider cult.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on December 10, 2018 12:47PM
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Distilled:

Aternate: 2 monster + 4 spider + 5 other (+ trait and enchant from redundant other)

Other sets allow for this they so I think they should restore drops of spider 1h if they have been removed.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kaspar wrote: »
    Distilled:

Aternate: 2 monster + 4 spider + 5 other (+ trait and enchant from redundant other)

Other sets allow for this they so I think they should restore drops of spider 1h if they have been removed.

I don't see the problem. You will get more stats using dual wield willpower swords, the 1400 magic is more then the 129 spell damage.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaspar wrote: »
    Distilled:

I don't see the problem. You will get more stats using dual wield willpower swords, the 1400 magic is more then the 129 spell damage.

Agree, but Willpower not as easy to farm than consecutive successive runs in Fungel Grotto. Could be why the OP is leaning that way.
  • Kaspar
    Kaspar
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, I have good willpower weapons already so I will look at that option. Wasting a lot of time for something that may not be in the game anymore is getting tedious. I was reading that 1sd =~ 10.5 max magicka so it is a resonable solution considering the max magicka result from 2 willpower would be about 138 increase in sd compared to the 129 from sc bonus.
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to point the obvious out here but why not just craft Torug Pack sword and board or dual swords which ever you want, the two piece is spell damage so when you swap to Torug you loose nothing

Willpower would effectively be better though while Torug allows you to craft the exact pieces you want
    Edited by macsmooth on December 12, 2018 12:10PM