The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Laugh at me if you will, but.......

Hippie4927
Hippie4927
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
After four and a half years, I can finally solo some of these dungeons! I had been trying and trying but all I did was die so I gave up for a while. In the last week or so, I have solo'd Fungal Grotto 1, Spindleclutch 1, Banished Cells 1, Darkshade Caverns 1, and Crypt of Hearts 1. I am soooo proud of myself! LOL!

I know some of you will find this laughable because those dungeons are a piece of cake for you. Go ahead and laugh at me......I can take it. My main is a magplar so I should, at least, be able to stay alive, right? But I struggled for so long!

What are some other dungeons that are good to run solo?
PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • moses1763
    moses1763
    ✭✭✭
    well done!

your improvement is no less important than any others.

/high five
    Live, Laugh, and Hope!
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GJ mate :) Most dungeons are soloable, but some has mechanics that you'll need an ally to help you (FG2, CoH 2, Direfrost used to be like that but I think they fixed pressure plates?), otherwise all non DLC dungeons should be fine.
    Edited by Vildebill on December 9, 2018 9:13PM
    EU PC
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're doing better than me! The best I can do is managing to sneak past the first few enemies, then I die as soon as any notice me because a huge group rushes me.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ok
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hell yeah friend, grats!
    at a place nobody knows
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    you need to solo march of sacrifices
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to most of you! :)

@Oberstein Funny! I may never be ready to solo DLC dungeons! lol
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • therift
    therift
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Persistence and positivity pay off. Kudos and congrats!!
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    GJ mate :) Most dungeons are soloable, but some has mechanics that you'll need an ally to help you (FG2, CoH 2, Direfrost used to be like that but I think they fixed pressure plates?), otherwise all non DLC dungeons should be fine.

Direfrost you can flip the levers through the door, so it's totally solo'able. :)

@Hippie4927 Tempest island and Arx are a lot of fun to solo
    Edited by Tannus15 on December 9, 2018 9:28PM
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *high fives and pats on the back* Nice, man! I'm such a 'low' casual player, I can't even do that! :smiley:
    Edited by kadochka on December 9, 2018 9:28PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    City of Ash 1 is another one of the easier ones to solo. Selene's was the only of the "1" dungeons I really struggled with when I started soloing them, apart from Direfrost which I needed to find help with for the pads!
    PS4 EU
  • SanguineMyBrother
    SanguineMyBrother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaults of Madness was my first and still my favorite to run solo. Congrats :)
    Xbox NA • Magwarden Main
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can easily add Elden Hollow 1 to that bunch. Also Vaults of Madness is great fun and not hard. Blackheart Haven and Blessed Crucible are also absolutely doable. Oh, and Volenfell!
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    You're doing better than me! The best I can do is managing to sneak past the first few enemies, then I die as soon as any notice me because a huge group rushes me.

I don't know what class you play but, for my templar, the mobs were the easy part. When I approach them, I throw my spears then throw down blockade and use punturing sweeps to finish them off. The bosses were MY problem!

Thank you to everyone who is giving me suggestions for other dungeons to try.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stratloc wrote: »
    You can easily add Elden Hollow 1 to that bunch. Also Vaults of Madness is great fun and not hard. Blackheart Haven and Blessed Crucible are also absolutely doable. Oh, and Volenfell!

Last boss on Blackheart can be a pain because of the skeleton polymorph he does.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for reminding me.....I did do Elden Hollow. I forgot about that one.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »

Last boss on Blackheart can be a pain because of the skeleton polymorph he does.

Right, I forget about that. Thanks for noting.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations!
    The Moot Councillor
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually laughed at you, but not in a bad way :D Have an awesome :D
    PC|EU
  • Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    After four and a half years (...)

AGT-Clapping.gif
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »

https://youtu.be/Abt16FCsGw8
  • Thrain
    Thrain
    ✭✭✭✭
    After four and a half years, I can finally solo some of these dungeons! I had been trying and trying but all I did was die so I gave up for a while. In the last week or so, I have solo'd Fungal Grotto 1, Spindleclutch 1, Banished Cells 1, Darkshade Caverns 1, and Crypt of Hearts 1. I am soooo proud of myself! LOL!

I know some of you will find this laughable because those dungeons are a piece of cake for you. Go ahead and laugh at me......I can take it. My main is a magplar so I should, at least, be able to stay alive, right? But I struggled for so long!

Why should anybody laugh about it?
    You are getting better and as you told us youre proud of yourself isnt that all that counts?

At the beginning till v13 i played a dk with dualwield and shockstaff and on top of that i didnt know anything
    Now im cp 1000+ and i killed valkyn skoria yesterday alone in vcoa2

Its all about practice and things you need to know
    Keep going as you do^^
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favourite Dungeon to try out new builds and rotations is Darkshade Caverns. It’s not too easy and not too long. You have a good variety of Boss types, Humans, bugs, Netch, Dwemer Constructs etc.

I often do DS I, and sometimes DS II (with no ambition of IIs end boss, but knowing I can solo up to that is what I’m seeking to test my survivability).

I’ve taken some people there for tutoring as well. Works good for me.

If I wasn’t playing on NA from Sweden maybe soloing these would be easier lol (ping ~250-300).

Good job and good luck!
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats! I think it's great to set and work towards such an achievement and absolutely should be proud of doing it!
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would we laugh with that?

Congratz :) and good luck with future endeavors
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volenfell.
    It's been my fist after CoA1 and I suggest you these next, last bosses in volenfell there is a LOT of running around if you aren't fast, took me really forever back then, slotted rapid in the end and stamina pots. I think while in group can be kind of a boring place, it's fun to solo and good place for practice.
    And congratulation for your progress!

lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Aisle9
    Aisle9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gratz
    Artemis Absinthe - DC magicka nightblade (PC - EU)
    Gruzosh Barrelsmasher - DC stamina sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Kew'bacca - AD stamina nightblade (PC - EU)
    Jebediah Orbrynn - DC magicka templar (PC - EU)
    Hold-Many-Bags - Mule DK, Promoted to main tank, occasionally stamDD
    Olaf Proudstache - Mule - No longer with us Now a Stamwarden healer
    Aglieglie Brazorf - AD magicka sorcerer (PC - EU)
    Rodolfo Lavandino - DC stamina, greatsword wielding, Jesus beam spamming, Redguard hybrid templar just a stamplar again (PC - EU)
    Lemmy Raise Master - EP stamina necromancer (PC - EU)

Scions of Dawn recruitment ad - PC EU multifaction PvE endgame raiding guild

LUI user - I can see you when you fap loot.

#SpellswordArmy
    #MakeSpellswordsGreatAgain

In the Game of PuGs you win or you ragequit

"Dip dip potato chip, dip dip potato chip"
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thrain wrote: »

Why should anybody laugh about it?
    You are getting better and as you told us youre proud of yourself isnt that all that counts?

At the beginning till v13 i played a dk with dualwield and shockstaff and on top of that i didnt know anything
    Now im cp 1000+ and i killed valkyn skoria yesterday alone in vcoa2

Its all about practice and things you need to know
    Keep going as you do^^

I guess I thought people would laugh because it took me so long to get here! But in my defense, I am almost 70 and have limited use of my hands. Rotations and constant weapon swapping are almost impossible for me.

But, yeah, I was jumping up and down, yelling "I did it! I did it! I did it!" like a little kid. lol

And, thank you everyone for being so supportive.
    Edited by Hippie4927 on December 9, 2018 11:25PM
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    High five to you! Congratulations, wish I had better internet so I could try that myself. I'm almost 71, my hands are fine, but satellite is all I have for connection and with that kind of lag, I can't bar swap etc. either!

I think it's great that you've evolved to this point!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well done OP.

I only soloed one once just to see if I could do it but they don't interest me that much so once was enough. I only do them if farming for gear or doing undaunted dailies when leveling the skill line - and 2 manning normal mode gets the job done real easy.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.