The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Brand new, w/questions about storage, game content and misc.

Celthon
Celthon
✭✭
Just started playing 12-5-2018, and have a few questions:
(made one post with several questions rather than separate one for each -- would it be better to have separate??)

I purchased the "Base Game including Morrowind", and have not yet purchased the ESO-plus, as I wanted to 'try out' the game before deciding, so all the questions come from that perspective.

>The 'Bank' storage my current character accesses by talking to a Banker is shared by all characters on my account? So if if my current character only has 10 empty slots remaining in the Bank, if I create another character then when that character opens the bank he/she will see the same?

>If I purchase additional storage slots on my character (not Bank) will they be applied to other characters I create later? I got a free horse when I reached one of my levels (I'm at lvl-10 currently), and I started training 'Capacity' -- will those additional bag slots apply to other characters on my account, or does each character maintain their own individually?

>After installing the game and creating my character (Dark Elf - Warden) I began near Vivec City on Vvardenfell -- with the 'Base Game & Morrowind' version I purchased will I be able to go to other areas of Tamriel? When I expand the in-game map I see Artaem, Coldharbour and Clockwork City as three separate 'continents' so I presume those are purchased separately but not clear about the continent of Tamriel and which areas I will be able to go to and which I might not.

>Guild Traders/Vendors are selling for and maintained by players, correct? So the prices charged may vary from one to another for same item? Just want to verify that I understand it correctly. At lvl-10, and knowing little-to-nothing so far, it's not a part of the game I will get into for now...I don't think I even know how to cook a chicken yet, ha-ha.

>If I wanted to create another account, would I have to purchase/install separate instance of the game?

>Several people have offered to be added as 'friends' in-game, saying it's good to have multiple 'spawn points' -- once someone is added to the 'friends' list do we have to be grouped for one to teleport to the other? How does that feature of the game work?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Edited by Celthon on December 9, 2018 7:07PM
PC -- NA Server
Celthon - Dark Elf - Beast Caller
Duinthorn - Bosmer - Umbral Assassin
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bank space is account wide, shared between all characters.

Space acquired on the character through horse training and bag upgrades is unlocked only for that character. If you make a new character, they start from the basic inventory of 60 slots and zero horse training.

With Base Game plus Morrowind, you can go to any of the base game zones and Vvardenfell. When you start, you'll have wayshrines to the starter zones on Stonefalls, Glenumbra, and Auridon and unlock the rest of the Wayshrine through exploration or porting to guild members. You'll need the DLC to enter Hews Bane, Gold Coast, Clockwork City, Orsinium, Murkmire, and the Summerset Chapter to visit Artaeum and Summerset. Coldharbor is unlocked through the Main Quest or the Faction Quests. If you need help figuring out the original order to quests/zones, try this: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide

Guild Traders are indeed maintained by player guilds and prices may vary. If you are on PC, I recommend using the Tamriel Trade Center addon to help with prices. NPC vendors will have consistent prices but they usually buy for less and sell for more than Guild kiosks.

As for friends, on PC, I right-click on a name in my friends list and choose [Travel to Player] and it freely teleports me to a Wayshrine near them. I do not need to group up with them to do this. I can also do this from my guild list, which frankly gives a much better variety of locations.

Hope this helps!
  • Celthon
    Celthon
    ✭✭
    Thank you!!
    PC -- NA Server
    Celthon - Dark Elf - Beast Caller
    Duinthorn - Bosmer - Umbral Assassin
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celthon wrote: »
    (...) >If I wanted to create another account, would I have to purchase/install separate instance of the game? (...)

Yes, I have an extra 250gb SSD in my pc just for my three ESO accounts
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU